Ahile07

Old fashion way search array

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys. Again a dummy question for smart people.

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with an issue. I've got a list of names that i would like to store into an array variable. Example $names = [name1][name2][name3]

Then i've got an inputbox that asks for your name. I don't know how i can be able to see if the inputbox value is different then the names. I've done already separate if statements if the values are = with the names. But i want to check for error in case the value of the inputbox is different then my list of names.

Hope it makes sense.

Thank you

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <Array.au3>

Local $names[3] = ["name 1", "name 2", "name 3"]

$sValue = InputBox("", "")

If _ArraySearch($names, $sValue) Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Wrong Name ! ")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "$sValue = " & $sValue)
EndIf

Never mind, this didn't work as expected...

Edited by l3ill

here we go...this one works:

#include <Array.au3>

Local $names[3] = ["name 1", "name 2", "name 3"]

$sValue = InputBox("", "")

If _ArraySearch($names, $sValue) = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Wrong Name ! ")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "$sValue = " & $sValue)
EndIf

1 person likes this

@Ahile07 did you not notice this at the top of the forum you posted this topic in?

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support

Topic moved; please pay attention to where you post in the future.

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead - it's only difficult for those that know you. It's the same way when you're stupid...

My Scripts: SCCM UDFInclude Source with Compiled Script, Windows Firewall UDF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dent
      [SOLVED] Help with Array's (creating 1 Array from 2 Arrays)
      By Dent
      I just can't get my head around what I'm trying to do.
      Ok so I read all the links in a webpage into a 1D array, I then make the array unique as there are some duplicates.
      I then find all the entries I want from the array and put the number of the row for those entries into another 1D array.
      So I now have two arrays; one has unique links, the other has the numbers of the rows for the links I actually want.
      Using the second array I would like to amend the first array, or create a third, with just the links I actually want.
      Confused? Welcome to my world.
      I'll put the relevant section of code below to show where I am up to.
      I've left the _ArrayDisplay in the above code which I am using to check the code does what I wanted. So the above code works fine, I'm just stumped on how to extract the links from $aLinks that I want.
      $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) Local $aLinks[1] = ["Link"] For $oLink in $oLinks _ArrayAdd($aLinks, $oLink.href) Next ;_ArrayDisplay($aLinks) $aLinks = _ArrayUnique($aLinks) ;_ArrayDisplay($aLinks) $aLinksToClick = _ArrayFindAll($aLinks, "azref", 0, 0, 0, 3) ;_ArrayDisplay($aLinksToClick) Local $aSortedLinks[1] = ["Sorted Links"] For $i = 0 To UBound($aLinksToClick) - 1 $Blah = _ArrayExtract($aLinks, $aLinksToClick[$i], $aLinksToClick[$i]) _ArrayAdd($aSortedLinks, $Blah) Next  
    • Rapidnxit
      [solved] send multiple files by email from a file list
      By Rapidnxit
      Hi! I want to send by mail some files with a certain extension (.xml in my case). These files are located in the script folder. First, I thought to use _FileListToArrayRec function to have a list of these files. But than I don't know how to send them all at once. I know that I can attach multiple files in this way: path1;path2;path3; etc.  and so I have tried to make a string of this type with the path of the files (with a for loop) but It doesn't attach any file (only instructions.txt). How could I do? ( what I did is just an idea, if there's something better that would be great) Thanks!
      $aArrayXml = _FileListToArrayRec(@ScriptDir, "*.xml", $FLTAR_FILES) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayXml, "LIST XML") $LenghtArrayXml = UBound($aArrayXml) If ($LenghtArrayXml > 2) Then For $i = 2 To $LenghtArrayXml - 1 $temp = "&@ScriptDir&""\"&$aArrayXml[$i]&";"&"""" $XmlListFile = $XmlListFile & $temp Next EndIf $XmlListFile = StringTrimLeft($XmlListFile, 1) if($LenghtArrayXml = 2)Then $rc =_INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&";"&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) Else $rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&$XmlListFile&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) EndIf  
    • ruslanas402
      Open webpages by checking boxes
      By ruslanas402
      Hello everyone, don't even know how to ask.  My code is:
      #include <String.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 700, 500, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("View", 576, 24, 89, 41) Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Jcq5zn02jKpjX0nqI1_fS7mEEb5tw6z", 1, 1, 0) Sleep(1000) Global $sHTML = _IEDocReadHTML($oIE) $FirstChunks = _StringBetween($sHTML, 'pl-video-title-link yt-uix-tile-link yt-uix-sessionlink', '<div class="pl-video-owner') $x = 16 For $a In $FirstChunks $actualdata = _StringBetween($a, '">', '</a>') ;$actualdata2 = _StringBetween($a, 'href="', '&amp;') $Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($actualdata[0], 24, $x, 500, 17) $x = $x + 20 Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Somehow I need to open webpages where checkbox is checked by presing button view, I think I need somehow asign $actualdata with $actualdata2. Any ideas would be very appreciated
    • jonson1986
      Array Comparison with Logical expressions
      By jonson1986
      Hello,
      I'm having list of words and put them into an array ($WordsList) and try to compare results with logical function if in such a condition that if letter extracted through _StringBetween doesn't exist in Array ($WordsList) then it'll show message box like "Pattern Not found" and if patter found in array then it'll skip if comparison and show last message "All Done". 
      But in my condition, the if comparison is not able to process commands upto my expectations and just show last message only.
      Please help me and guide me further how can i make this possible.
      $file = fileopen(@ScriptDir & "\source.txt", 10) $IE = _IECreate( "http://example.com", 0, 0) $source = _IEDocReadHTML($IE) FileWrite($file, $source) Global $File = @scriptdir & "\source.txt" $sText = FileRead($File) $target_source = _StringBetween($sText, "Dateuploaded</strong><span>", "</span></li><li><strong>Seeders") _ArrayDisplay ($target_source) $WordsList = ("2daysago", "1dayago") If $target_source[0] <> $WordsList Then ; Here is the problem for logical comparison MsgBox ( '', '', 'Pattern Not found') EndIf MsgBox ('', '', 'All Done')  
    • aleeksunder
      Array assignment
      By aleeksunder
      Hello!
      Can anyone explain what's going on here:
      ; Initializing an array Local $a = [ 0 ] ; Lately in code I want to assign new array to $a variable $a = [ 1 ] and got this error at compile time
      ==> Error in expression.: $a = [ 1 ] $a = ^ ERROR What is it and why?
      And I've mentioned that I can't pass "manual" array to function as parameter:
      a( [ 0 ] ) Func a( $a ) _ArrayDisplay( $a ) EndFunc still the same error
      ==> Error in expression.: a( [ 0 ] ) a( ^ ERROR