ZeroByDevide

variables

4 posts in this topic

i have this code running but it just would not start the code:

Local $rndSleep = Int (Random(180000,240000,1000))

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "NaaaNuuu", "This message box will show the sleeptime after closing the tabs, you got " & $rndSleep & " seconds left.", $rndSleep)

here is the error it shows me:

"C:\Users\numan\Desktop\scipiie.au3" (23) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "NaaaNuuu", "This message box will show the sleeptime after closing the tabs, you got " & $rndSleep & " seconds left.", $rndSleep)
MsgBox(^ ERROR

Helpfile says:

Constants are defined in MsgBoxConstants.au3.

have also a look at example1, there you can see how to include it.

It looks like it is pointing at your $MB_SYSTEMMODAL variable. Did you include MsgBoxConstants.au3 at the top of your script? Otherwise it runs just fine for me.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

That or this...^_^    was already all typed out when you posted Bert

This code works on my PC

Local $rndSleep = Int (Random(180000,240000,1000))

MsgBox(0, "NaaaNuuu", "This message box will show the sleeptime after closing the tabs, you got " & $rndSleep & " seconds left.", $rndSleep)

Please use the <> in the menu when posting code. :)

Edited by l3ill
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• funkey
      By funkey
      Hello,
      it's quite often, that someone asks how to change the texts of the MsgBox buttons or the InputBox buttons or how to change the position of ta MsgBox. Since years I use CBT hooks for that, but now I made a small UDF out of it for the ease of use. Of course you can build your own GUI or use already existing UDFs to do the same, but I like this way and you can hack (hook) the inbuild InputBox.

HookDlgBox.au3
      #include-once #include <WinAPI.au3> Global Const $tagCBT_CREATEWND = "ptr lpcs;HWND tagCBT_CREATEWND" Global Const $tagCREATESTRUCT = "ptr lpCreateParams;handle hInstance;HWND hMenu;HWND hwndParent;int cy;int cx;int y;int x;LONG style;ptr lpszName;ptr lpszClass;DWORD dwExStyle" Global $g__hProcDlgBox = DllCallbackRegister("__DlgBox_CbtHookProc", "int", "int;int;int") Global $g__TIdDlgBox = _WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId() Global $g__hHookDlgBox = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_CBT, DllCallbackGetPtr($g__hProcDlgBox), 0, $g__TIdDlgBox) Global Const $g__MaxDlgBtns = 5 ; maximum of 5 buttons to rename text Global Const $g__MaxDlgItemId = 11 ; maximun ID of buttons to search is 11 as this is the maximun used in Messagebox Global $g__DlgBoxPosX, $g__DlgBoxPosY, $g__DlgBoxWidth, $g__DlgBoxHeight Global $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$g__MaxDlgBtns] Global $g__DlgBtnCount = 0 _DlgBox_SetDefaults() OnAutoItExitRegister("__DlgBox_UnregisterHook") Func _DlgBox_SetButtonNames($TxtBtn1 = Default, $TxtBtn2 = Default, $TxtBtn3 = Default, $TxtBtn4 = Default, $TxtBtn5 = Default) $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[0] = $TxtBtn1 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[1] = $TxtBtn2 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[2] = $TxtBtn3 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[3] = $TxtBtn4 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[4] = $TxtBtn5 $g__DlgBtnCount = @NumParams EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetButtonNames Func _DlgBox_SetPosition($x = Default, $y = Default) ;only for MsgBox, not working and not needed for InputBox $g__DlgBoxPosX = $x $g__DlgBoxPosY = $y EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetPosition Func _DlgBox_SetSize($w = Default, $h = Default) $g__DlgBoxWidth = $w $g__DlgBoxHeight = $h EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetSize Func _DlgBox_SetDefaults() $g__DlgBoxPosX = Default $g__DlgBoxPosY = Default $g__DlgBoxWidth = Default $g__DlgBoxHeight = Default For $i = 0 To UBound($g__aDlgBoxBtnText) - 1 $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$i] = Default Next EndFunc ;==>_DlgBox_SetDefaults Func __DlgBox_CbtHookProc($nCode, $wParam, $lParam) Local $tcw, $tcs Local $iSearch = 0 Local $ahBtn[$g__DlgBtnCount] If $nCode < 0 Then Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndIf Switch $nCode Case 3 ;5=HCBT_CREATEWND If _WinAPI_GetClassName(HWnd($wParam)) = "#32770" Then ;Dialoig window class $tcw = DllStructCreate($tagCBT_CREATEWND, $lParam) $tcs = DllStructCreate($tagCREATESTRUCT, DllStructGetData($tcw, "lpcs")) If $g__DlgBoxPosX <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "x", $g__DlgBoxPosX) If $g__DlgBoxPosY <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "y", $g__DlgBoxPosY) If $g__DlgBoxWidth <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "cx", $g__DlgBoxWidth) If $g__DlgBoxHeight <> Default Then DllStructSetData($tcs, "cy", $g__DlgBoxHeight) EndIf Case 5 ;5=HCBT_ACTIVATE For $i = 1 To $g__MaxDlgItemId If IsHWnd(_WinAPI_GetDlgItem($wParam, $i)) Then If $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$iSearch] <> Default Then _WinAPI_SetDlgItemText($wParam, $i, $g__aDlgBoxBtnText[$iSearch]) $iSearch += 1 If $iSearch >= UBound($ahBtn) Then ExitLoop EndIf Next EndSwitch Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>__DlgBox_CbtHookProc Func __DlgBox_UnregisterHook() _WinAPI_UnhookWindowsHookEx($g__hHookDlgBox) DllCallbackFree($g__hProcDlgBox) EndFunc ;==>__DlgBox_UnregisterHook Func _WinAPI_SetDlgItemText($hDlg, $nIDDlgItem, $lpString) Local $aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', "int", "SetDlgItemText", _ "hwnd", $hDlg, _ "int", $nIDDlgItem, _ "str", $lpString) Return $aRet[0] EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_SetDlgItemText  
      Simple example to see how to use it
      #include "HookDlgBox.au3" _DlgBox_SetButtonNames("1", "two", "3") MsgBox(4, "Test 1", "Custom button texts") _DlgBox_SetPosition(20, 20) MsgBox(66, "Test 2", "Custom position and button texts") _DlgBox_SetButtonNames("Submit", "Don't submit", "Don't know") InputBox("Test 3", "Where were you born?", "Planet Earth") _DlgBox_SetSize(800, 800) InputBox("Test 4", "Where were you born?", "Planet Earth") _DlgBox_SetSize(Default, 800) MsgBox(66, "Test 5", "Strange but working") _DlgBox_SetButtonNames(Default, "Wait", "What?") _DlgBox_SetSize(Default, Default) _DlgBox_SetPosition(500, 500) MsgBox(66, "Test 6", "So far so good!") _DlgBox_SetDefaults() MsgBox(6, "Test 7", "Default position and button texts") Hope you like it.

Best regards
      funkey
      HookDlgBox Example.au3
      HookDlgBox.au3
    • nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys i am working on automating a flashing tool..When flashing is started if there is any error in connection it pops's up a error window...(as shown below)

whenever this popup appears i need a msgbox to appear saying "error occured" how can i do this?
      Thanks

• Atoxis
      By Atoxis
      Howdy, this is my first post, massive fan of autoit. 
      I've searched and tried and I would just like people who are better at this than me to let me know if this is even a thing.

I'd like to perform just a variable. For example, it would be. *see inserted code*
      So what i'm wanting is, create the constant $test, and that variable would be what is followed after the = . Then perform the _FileCreate. Then perform the variable.  Logically or in my head rather.. That variable is declared and is equal to what it is set to above, therefore just placing the variable plainly in the script, it should be equal to what it was declared as.  So what am I doing wrong, and or how can I have autoit just perform the variable.  

#include <File.au3> Const $test = FileWriteLine(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt", @CRLF ) _FileCreate(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt") $test  
    • ur
      By ur
      I have a script , during compilation and test execution, it worked perfectly but sometimes I am getting error as "Variable used without being declared."

I understood somewhere in the branching logic this is happening.

But not able to find it exactly.

As I am using multiple include statements.the line number is also not giving accurately.

Can anyone suggest what is the approach to resolve this?