Muhammad_Awais_Sharif

UrlDownloadEx run in background

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to run  UrlDownloadEx  run in background so GUI don't hang.

It should give response During Downloading any file with this udf.

Please Help me 
Thank you 

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I think you would haft to re-write the entire function to get async option. Or you could drop the fancy download splitting to speed it up, and use InetGet

Edited by genius257

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

okay thank you for reply :D

Edited by Muhammad_Awais_Sharif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dent
      How to download uniquely generated PDF?
      By Dent
      Hi everyone,
      My script uses IE11 on Win7 to log in to a site and enters data into a couple of forms. Upon clicking a link this data is used by the site to generate a PDF report.
      With my current set-up if I do this manually the PDF opens in a new IE tab and I can download or print it. If I right-click the link that creates the PDF and choose Save Target As the PDF is generated and the Open/Save As dialogue at the bottom of the screen opens. All good.
      However I would like the script to automatically download the PDF and close IE and then exit. Closing IE (_IEQuit) and exiting the script are easy enough, but I'm struggling getting the script to download the PDF.
      The link to generate the PDF contains a unique number each time the page with the link is reached, so it's not static. The link position however, using _IELinkGetCollection I can tell the link to generate the PDF is always the 10th one from the end of the page, so using $iNumLinks - 10 I am able to click the link.
      What I believe I need to use is InetGet however the problem I've been facing is that the link isn't static and I haven't worked out a way to access the link by index - is this possible?
      Here is the website HTML for the section containing the link although I don't think it's of much use but it at least shows the format of the link (I can't post a link as it's a password protected area)...
      <div class="rmButton right"><a title="Generates a PDF version of the market report in a new window." href="/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991" target="_blank">print/save as pdf</a></div> The full link https://www.rightmove.co.uk/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991 just for completeness - visiting it will give a HTTP 500 unless logged in.
      And here is the code that clicks this link opening the generated PDF in a new tab...
      $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) $iNumLinks = @extended $PrintPDF = _IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, ($iNumLinks - 10)) So, how to use InetGet to visit that link? Or is there a way to Save As the newly opened tab? I've tried _IEAction($oIE, "saveas") but it seems not to work in a tab containing only a PDF.
    • Muhammad_Awais_Sharif
      InetGet correct way of checking error during downloading a file
      By Muhammad_Awais_Sharif
      I am using this code to Download a file 
      I don't know correct way of checking error during downloading
      Global $DownloadStatus = InetGet($url, $fileName, Default, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) While 1 $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts = InetGetInfo($DownloadStatus) If Not $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts[4] = 0 Then MsgBox(0,"Error","Error During Downloading") ExitLoop EndIf If $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts[2] Then MsgBox(0,"","Compelted") ExitLoop EndIf WEnd I am using that code but don't know why it gives error during downloading the file 

is it wrong way of checking error or is there network error on my pc ?  
      thank you  
    • rudi
      inetget error code 13?
      By rudi
      Hello.

What does it mean, when InetGET() returns @Error=13?

This script worked exactly once to download a single JPG image file from a WebCam, GANZ, Model "ZN-MD221M". Any later tries failed
      The URL (see script below) doesn't work in FF, IE, Chrome either. In FF it's trying to download the image for maybe 5 Minutes, then FF is giving up, displaying this message:
      Die Grafik "http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60" kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil sie Fehler enthält. In English about this: The Image <url> can't be displayed, as it contains errors.  
      Wireshark traces shows simply no "answer" to the "GET" for the image file. This is my script:

; GANZ Cam im Bunker #include <inet.au3> HttpSetProxy(1) $URL="http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $URL = ' & $URL & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $file="C:\temp\bunker\bunker.jpg" FileDelete($file) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $File = ' & $File & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $result=InetGet($URL,$File,1+2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $result = ' & $result & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The console output is this one:
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3" /UserParams +>17:18:39 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0407) +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3 +>17:18:39 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop @@ Debug(8) : $URL = http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60 >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(15) : $File = C:\temp\bunker\bunker.jpg >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(20) : $result = 0 ####################### >Error code: 13 ####################### +>17:19:09 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>17:19:09 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 30.6  
      so Inetget() returns "Size of download = 0 bytes", and @error=13, what does this error code mean?

Regards, Rudi.
    • j0kky
      InetGet bug?
      By j0kky
      Hi guys,
      I have the last version of Autoit and Windows 7, if I execute this testing script:
      #include <InetConstants.au3> ConsoleWrite("WAIT TEST" & @CRLF & @CRLF) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADWAIT) $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite("SUCCESS" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Number of bytes: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.xxx", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADWAIT) ;wrong URL $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite("FAILURE" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Number of bytes: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "BACKGROUND TEST" & @CRLF & @CRLF) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" Sleep(5000) $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('SUCCESS with sleep' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('SUCCESS with no sleep' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.xxx", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) ;wrong url $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('FAILURE' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) I obtain this output:
      WAIT TEST SUCCESS Number of bytes: 19163 Size of the file: 19163 FAILURE Number of bytes: 0 Size of the file: 0 BACKGROUND TEST SUCCESS with sleep Handle: 3 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 19163 SUCCESS with no sleep Handle: 4 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 0 FAILURE Handle: 5 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 0 According to Help File, using InetGet with $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND flag, I should get an handle for InetGetInfo function... but instead of it I get a number which seems the current number of downloads (the same that I get if I call InetGetInfo with no arguments).
      Does it happens with your operative system and Autoit version too?
    • morganlove
      Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites
      By morganlove
      Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?