Muhammad_Awais_Sharif

InetGet correct way of checking error during downloading a file

4 posts in this topic

I am using this code to Download a file 
I don't know correct way of checking error during downloading

Global $DownloadStatus = InetGet($url, $fileName, Default, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND)

While 1
    $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts = InetGetInfo($DownloadStatus)
    If Not $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts[4] = 0 Then
            MsgBox(0,"Error","Error During Downloading")
            ExitLoop
    EndIf
    If $ArrayOFDownloadStatuts[2] Then
            MsgBox(0,"","Compelted")
            ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

I am using that code but don't know why it gives error during downloading the file 

is it wrong way of checking error or is there network error on my pc ? :P 
thank you :D 

From help file:   fifth element (at index 4) - The error value for the download. The value itself is arbitrary. Testing that the value is non-zero is sufficient for determining if an error occurred - so I assume that if that element has value of zero than there is no error. You could also do something like this:

$ArrayOFDownloadStatuts = InetGetInfo($DownloadStatus)
If @error Then
;do something
EndIf

thanks for suggestion :D 

You are welcome :D

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dent
      How to download uniquely generated PDF?
      By Dent
      Hi everyone,
      My script uses IE11 on Win7 to log in to a site and enters data into a couple of forms. Upon clicking a link this data is used by the site to generate a PDF report.
      With my current set-up if I do this manually the PDF opens in a new IE tab and I can download or print it. If I right-click the link that creates the PDF and choose Save Target As the PDF is generated and the Open/Save As dialogue at the bottom of the screen opens. All good.
      However I would like the script to automatically download the PDF and close IE and then exit. Closing IE (_IEQuit) and exiting the script are easy enough, but I'm struggling getting the script to download the PDF.
      The link to generate the PDF contains a unique number each time the page with the link is reached, so it's not static. The link position however, using _IELinkGetCollection I can tell the link to generate the PDF is always the 10th one from the end of the page, so using $iNumLinks - 10 I am able to click the link.
      What I believe I need to use is InetGet however the problem I've been facing is that the link isn't static and I haven't worked out a way to access the link by index - is this possible?
      Here is the website HTML for the section containing the link although I don't think it's of much use but it at least shows the format of the link (I can't post a link as it's a password protected area)...
      <div class="rmButton right"><a title="Generates a PDF version of the market report in a new window." href="/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991" target="_blank">print/save as pdf</a></div> The full link https://www.rightmove.co.uk/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991 just for completeness - visiting it will give a HTTP 500 unless logged in.
      And here is the code that clicks this link opening the generated PDF in a new tab...
      $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) $iNumLinks = @extended $PrintPDF = _IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, ($iNumLinks - 10)) So, how to use InetGet to visit that link? Or is there a way to Save As the newly opened tab? I've tried _IEAction($oIE, "saveas") but it seems not to work in a tab containing only a PDF.
    • Muhammad_Awais_Sharif
      UrlDownloadEx run in background
      By Muhammad_Awais_Sharif
      Hi
      I want to run  UrlDownloadEx  run in background so GUI don't hang.
      It should give response During Downloading any file with this udf.
      Please Help me 
      Thank you 

• rudi
      inetget error code 13?
      By rudi
      Hello.

What does it mean, when InetGET() returns @Error=13?

This script worked exactly once to download a single JPG image file from a WebCam, GANZ, Model "ZN-MD221M". Any later tries failed
      The URL (see script below) doesn't work in FF, IE, Chrome either. In FF it's trying to download the image for maybe 5 Minutes, then FF is giving up, displaying this message:
      Die Grafik "http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60" kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil sie Fehler enthält. In English about this: The Image <url> can't be displayed, as it contains errors.  
      Wireshark traces shows simply no "answer" to the "GET" for the image file. This is my script:

; GANZ Cam im Bunker #include <inet.au3> HttpSetProxy(1) $URL="http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $URL = ' & $URL & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $file="C:\temp\bunker\bunker.jpg" FileDelete($file) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $File = ' & $File & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $result=InetGet($URL,$File,1+2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $result = ' & $result & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The console output is this one:
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3" /UserParams +>17:18:39 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0407) +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3 +>17:18:39 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "H:\DATEN\PUBLIC\Bunker\Script\Mittags-ein-Schuss.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop @@ Debug(8) : $URL = http://ADMIN:1234@10.27.20.211/cgi-bin/still-image.cgi?duration=1~60 >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(15) : $File = C:\temp\bunker\bunker.jpg >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(20) : $result = 0 ####################### >Error code: 13 ####################### +>17:19:09 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>17:19:09 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 30.6  
      so Inetget() returns "Size of download = 0 bytes", and @error=13, what does this error code mean?

Regards, Rudi.
    • j0kky
      InetGet bug?
      By j0kky
      Hi guys,
      I have the last version of Autoit and Windows 7, if I execute this testing script:
      #include <InetConstants.au3> ConsoleWrite("WAIT TEST" & @CRLF & @CRLF) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADWAIT) $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite("SUCCESS" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Number of bytes: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.xxx", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADWAIT) ;wrong URL $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite("FAILURE" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Number of bytes: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "BACKGROUND TEST" & @CRLF & @CRLF) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" Sleep(5000) $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('SUCCESS with sleep' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.com", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('SUCCESS with no sleep' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) $name = @TempDir & "\filetransfer" & Random(100, 999, 1) $hInet = InetGet("http://www.google.xxx", $name, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND) ;wrong url $sAnwser = IsHWnd($hInet) ? "Yes" : "No" $nSize = FileGetSize($name) ConsoleWrite('FAILURE' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Handle: " & $hInet & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Is really an handle? " & $sAnwser & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "Size of the file: " & $nSize & @CRLF) FileDelete($name) I obtain this output:
      WAIT TEST SUCCESS Number of bytes: 19163 Size of the file: 19163 FAILURE Number of bytes: 0 Size of the file: 0 BACKGROUND TEST SUCCESS with sleep Handle: 3 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 19163 SUCCESS with no sleep Handle: 4 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 0 FAILURE Handle: 5 Is really an handle? No Size of the file: 0 According to Help File, using InetGet with $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND flag, I should get an handle for InetGetInfo function... but instead of it I get a number which seems the current number of downloads (the same that I get if I call InetGetInfo with no arguments).
      Does it happens with your operative system and Autoit version too?
    • Danyfirex
      (SOLVED) InetGetInfo Extended Info (INET_DOWNLOADERROR)
      By Danyfirex
      Hi. where can I find information about INET_DOWNLOADERROR arbitrary return value? I don't want to look Autoit Internally 
      EDIT:
      I've checked internally. Errors come from Autoit Internal (maybe Constants I think) base on InternetReadFile+HttpSendRequest and Path verification...
      Saludos