How to open outlook attachments without downloading them

I think there was a setting in outlook security options where you can set not to get this msg. Options\trust center , Macro settings , Programmatic Access. You can also 'sign' your script with MS certificate , but that is more complicated solution.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had that thought but thought they would laugh at me like usual. lol ;)

ours is hosted in the cloud as is our office subscription. i don't think we can do the folder thing

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 3 weeks later...

@water When I used the UDF, once I got the error 9  from "_OL_Open", which means "No profile has been configured or there is no default profile for Outlook". But I found that there are profiles configured already. Can you please help to resolve this? Sometimes this error resolves the next day. I am not sure what is wrong. 

Can you please post your _OL_Open statement?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Nothing wrong with the Open statement. Does this always happen or only in rare cases?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Maybe. At the moment I see no other cause for such an error.
Outlook and the AutoIt script need to run on the same machine under the same user id.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

2 minutes ago, water said:

Maybe. At the moment I see no other cause for such an error.
Outlook and the AutoIt script need to run on the same machine under the same user id.

The user id is same for Outlook and the script. The script tries to access a shared mail box that is configured in the outlook along with individual email address.

5 hours ago, Gowrisankar said:

It happens sometime

That's why I'm unable to identify the reason as well :(
A missing profile tells us that Outlook hasn't been configured as needed. In this case _OL_Open should always return @error = 9 or never.

You are sure that the environment doesn't change between runs of the script? When you connect to the Citrix environment do you always get connected to the same machin with Outlook installed properly?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

7 hours ago, water said:

You are sure that the environment doesn't change between runs of the script? When you connect to the Citrix environment do you always get connected to the same machin with Outlook installed properly?

@water The environment doesn't change between scripts executions. We are not connecting to any machine from Citrix. Outlook is available as an application in Citrix itself. The back-end is a server which hosts these applications and provides disk space for the files.

I almost got the issue. 

My code manipulates Outlook, Mainframe and Excel applications. It appears that Outlook and Mainframe are hosted in different servers. That is why the code which is placed in the Mainframe server location, doesn't establish connection with Outlook. When I try running from the Outlook server location, the code doesn't establish connection with Mainframe. But all these folders are accessible from Citrix dashboard. Is there anyway to fix this?

The reason it worked fine sometimes should be that it was executed from Outlook server location.

I see.
All client applications accessed by the script need to be installed on the server where the script runs.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

A friend of mine suggested an idea. It actually works.

1. Open the Mainframe server location. Close existing Outlook application.

2. Write a script there with Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE") and execute.

3. Then execute the entire macro. 

Now connection with Outlook and Mainframe are both established.

Great your problem could be solved :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki