Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuffinMan

Title text match with spaces

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am trying to rebuild an old single signon script that has been giving us a bit of trouble lately.  I didn't write it and it was written in another script language.  If the target program is already open it will have the current user's last name as part of the window text, which I am trying to compare against the user name to see if I should just WinActivate or Process Close and start the program over.  I will be provided the username like "jones", or "smith" and the title check works fine for last names (with no spaces), but if the last name DOES contains spaces, say "Nom De Plume", then all I will be given as a username is "nomdeplume".  Is there any way (via a regex maybe) that I can still check the text on the screen and somehow ?  I have been reading about the Advanced (4) mode of WinTitleMatchMode, but it is over my head.  Any help is appreciated.  Here is a small reproducer script:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "jones") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Jones")
EndIf

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "nomdeplume") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Edited by MuffinMan

Well, I have something now that certainly seems to work, I'll start testing and see how this holds up; still interested if anyone has any better solutions.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

$WinText = StringStripWS(WinGetText("[CLASS:Notepad]"),8)

If StringInStr($WinText, "jones") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found jones")
EndIf

If StringInStr($WinText, "nomdeplume") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• natedog102
      By natedog102
      This small UDF helps you save any text to speech to a .wav file. 
      UDF:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 #include-once ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: _TTStoWav() ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2 ; Language ......: English ; Author(s) .....: natedog102 ; Modifiers .....: ; Forum link ....: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/191573-tts-text-to-speech-to-wav-file-using-sapi/ ; Description ...: TTS to .wav file using SAPI ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _TTStoWav ; Description ...: TTS to .wav file using SAPI ; Syntax.........: _TTStoWav($sText, $sLocation[, $iRate = 1[, $iVolume = 100]]) ; Parameters ....: $sText - String you want converted to a .wav ; $sLocation - Save location + file name, example: "C:\folder\sample.wav" ; $iRate - TTS speak rate between -10 and 10 ; $iVolume - Volume of the TTS between 0 and 100 ; Return values .: Success - Returns one ; Failure - Returns zero ; Author ........: natedog102 ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: No ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _TTStoWav($sText, $sLocation, $iRate = 1, $iVolume = 100) $oFileStream = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpFileStream") If @error Then Return 0 EndIf $oFileStream.Format.Type = 39 $oFileStream.Open($sLocation, 3) $oSpeech = ObjCreate('SAPI.SpVoice') If @error Then Return 0 EndIf $oSpeech.AudioOutputStream = $oFileStream $oSpeech.Rate = $iRate $oSpeech.Volume = $iVolume $oSpeech.Speak($sText, 3) $oSpeech.WaitUntilDone(10000) $oFileStream.Close() Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_TTStoWav And here's example usage:
      _TTStoWav("This is a test", "C:\folder-must-exist\sample2.wav") I have never made a UDF before so I don't know if I coded it correctly or if I followed all the recommended guidelines. Apologies if I haven't.
      DOWNLOAD:
       _TTStoWav.au3
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys this is my gui and i need the numeric value typed in the highlighted  inputbox. if this value is greater than 1 i need to perform some operations
      \

Here is the summary about that field which i got from wininfo tool

i tried writing the code as shown below.. but the msgbox is popping up empty value..when the same code is pasted under some button action i am able to access the value present in the field..but when placed alone as written in the attached script i am unable to fetch it... 

here i am using the valu present in the field

can you guys tell me what's wrong??? or how can i get that value?

My_GUI.au3

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      in need the path/text present int above shown input box to be copied or retrieved into a variable .. how can i do that?

Thanks

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Friends i am new to autoit and i am stuck in middle of automation of flashing tool..
      my requirement is i have a window and i have to get the value present in that window (below is the picture)

in the above window i need to get the value of the highlighted field.the value of this filed keeps on changing...ii need to get the current value present in the field..below are the details of the window and field..

CAN it be done?

thanks

• ISI360
      By ISI360
      Hi!

I need a little bit help from some RegEx experts please:
      I would make my ISN AutoIt Studio faster when generating the scripttree. And what would be better to do this via regex?
      Problem is i am not really good at this regex stuff. So maybe someone could help me here.

The challange is to get all Global Variables from a script via RegEx in a Array.
      Here is a example script with some tests:
      Global $Var1 = 1234 Local $Local_Var = 1234 $Ignore_me_too = 1234 Global $Var2 = 1234, $var3 = 1242 Global $ahIcons[30], $ahLabels[30] Global Const $Var4 = iniread($inivar1,"jj","jj","") , $var5= iniread($inivar2,"jj","jj","") Global $Var_String = "was" Global $Array_Test[16] = [1,15,16,0,31,15,25,15,25,30,8,30,8,15,1,15] Global Enum $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER = 0, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD Global Const $Delim = '\', $Delim1 = '|' Global $hard1 = "a", _ $hard2 = "b", _ $hard3 = "c"  
      The returning array should look like this:
      $Var1 $Var2 $var3 $Var4 $var5 $Var_String $Array_Test $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD $Delim $Delim1 $hard1 $hard2 $hard3  
      I already made some success with a expression i found in the SciTE Jump Tool:  (\$\w+)(?:[\h\[.=+*/^,)\-])?
      This nearly returns the perfect results. But it does not check if it´s a global variable (with the const and enum options) and also returns variables in commands (for example $inivar1)
      I also found this regex: (?im:^(?=Global|Const|Enum|Static)(?:Global)?\h*(?:Const|Enum|Static)?(?:(?<=Enum)\h+Step\h+[+*-]\d+)?\h*)([^\r\n .\=]+)
      This returns also usefull results...but trying to understand this explodes my head

Maybe someone can help me here?
      Thanks in advance!