Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuffinMan

Title text match with spaces

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am trying to rebuild an old single signon script that has been giving us a bit of trouble lately.  I didn't write it and it was written in another script language.  If the target program is already open it will have the current user's last name as part of the window text, which I am trying to compare against the user name to see if I should just WinActivate or Process Close and start the program over.  I will be provided the username like "jones", or "smith" and the title check works fine for last names (with no spaces), but if the last name DOES contains spaces, say "Nom De Plume", then all I will be given as a username is "nomdeplume".  Is there any way (via a regex maybe) that I can still check the text on the screen and somehow ?  I have been reading about the Advanced (4) mode of WinTitleMatchMode, but it is over my head.  Any help is appreciated.  Here is a small reproducer script:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "jones") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Jones")
EndIf

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "nomdeplume") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Edited by MuffinMan

Well, I have something now that certainly seems to work, I'll start testing and see how this holds up; still interested if anyone has any better solutions.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

$WinText = StringStripWS(WinGetText("[CLASS:Notepad]"),8)

If StringInStr($WinText, "jones") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found jones")
EndIf

If StringInStr($WinText, "nomdeplume") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• robcull
      By robcull
      Hello all! I have had some issues reading text from different types of windows, occasionally, specifically with controlgettext. 
      **Before I begin, I know there are better ways to do what I attempt in the example below. That's not the point of this post. The point is my issues with controlgettext. 
      I am about to cite an example with an application you may be familiar with called SpeedFan (v4.52). My problem is not specific to speedfan, it is simply the most recent and easily reproducible example I can think of. 
      So, the goal of the script below is to get a string of text containing the current fan RPMs from the highlighted control in the screenshot below (see "speedfan_control_details.png").

Now, here's a simple script for grabbing the window handle and reading the text from that control: 
      $wintitle = "SpeedFan 4.52" $controlID = "197934" ;will be reformatted as "[ID:######]" $hwnd = wingethandle($wintitle) if @error<>0 then msgbox(0, "WinGetHandle", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) Exit EndIf $text = ControlGetText($hwnd, "", "[ID:"&$controlID&"]") if @error=1 then msgbox(0, "ControlGetText", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) ;failure returns "" and @error=1 Exit EndIf msgbox (0, "ControlGetText", "SUCCESS. @error="&@error &@CRLF& "$text="&$text) ;success returns string and @error=0 You'll see that the ControlGetText operation runs without error, however it does not capture any text from the control. If you explore the other controls in this one window, you'll find mixed results across the board. Neither the temps nor voltages can be read, while the log field and some other elements can be read. Even when you read the text from the whole window, those elements are not included in the visible nor hidden texts. 

I have run into this issue many times in the past- inconsistencies in the ability of autoit to interact with certain controls. What is it which makes this text different than any other readable texts? Is there an alternate method of reading the text in the window/control which could work? Any and all info to help me solve this mystery and satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks  -Rob C
      PS: Running Autoit v3.3.14.2 on Win7 Ultimate x64
    • thoms
      By thoms
      Hello Forum,
      I'm trying to vertically center text in label controls, but no way. The search on the forum returns no result, or I don't search the right way
      When I insert a button and a label of same size close to each other, the text is centered on the button, but top aligned on the label, or edit. Which doesn't look really aesthetic
      Any idea is welcome
      Thanks in advance,
      Thoms
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?..
      #include <array.au3> $regexp = StringRegExp("test 'a b c'", "'([^']|'')*'|\S+", 3) _ArrayDisplay($regexp) trying to split this "test 'a b c'  'some other '' test'' ...'" into:
      0: test
      1: 'a b c'
      2: ...
      but it gives me:
      0: test
      1: c
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I am a totally blind young man
      for easier to read books and articles Among the blind
      i has programmed a tool
      This tool converts text to audio with the possibility to save it into a wav or mp3 file
      It is also compatible with all persons, whether blind or ordinary
      I have completed the work of this tool and want to take your opinion
      i Especially published here for anyone looking about how to convert text to speech, I will put this tool open source for you
      I want to know what your think about it
      and if it need any other additions?
      Note :
      This tool converts texts to audio using sapi 5 voices
      so i was also puted a hot keys to control the tool
      Now I put this project to you for public benefit and I am ready to answer any question.
      Apology :
      I am an Arab youth from Algeria
      I do not mastered English very well
      So I apologize to you if there are written mistakes
      With my greetings and best wishes
      My texts to audio converter.zip