A few questions about Image Search

Honestly man I would find a finished product that finds the viruses and removes them. I don't think imagesearch or ocr would be a safe solution especially if you have banking or credit card data etc 

Edited by aa2zz6

It might not be the complete solution but I like creating things so that is what I am doing.

Over the course of the last 5 or so years we have spent hundreds on antiviruses that they keep somehow bypassing so I have given up almost entirely on them actually catching and preventing my family from screwing up their pcs.

Edited by xxaviarxx

• Moderators

You have bounced all over the place, from FileInstall to Arrays to now using ImageSearch to scan for viruses (if you think people buy that, you're insane). All without a line of code posted. If you want help, post your code.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Well at the current time my code is stuck and in my help post This Post every once in a while I am getting an error after the icon is moved which I am manually moving, I was using the firefox icon just to test if imagesearch will actually find it which it does 9/10 times. Sorry if you cannot believe the truth when someone writes it. How I do things is my own choice if I want to use PixelSearch to speed up my virus searching I will make a script for it.

This post is meant for me learning about autoits imagesearch UDF and other things dealing with what was found inside of the UDF.

Now as it has been over 4 hours and you obviously have not locked either topic because you can not do it as there is no violation of the rules for using ImageSearch for something other than a game bot. Kindly remove your post as it is potentially halting any and all help I may receive in the future, by it being slanderous and defamation of character as you are quite effectively calling me a bold faced liar, OR kindly rephrase it for aforementioned reasons.

Slanderous : A false and malicious statement or report about someone

Defamation of character : is a term that is used to describe when false statement is written or spoken about an individual with the intent of harming or slandering their reputation.

Both are accurate considering how your post is worded.

Edited by xxaviarxx

On 11/25/2016 at 8:46 PM, xxaviarxx said:

2. (For when I make this into an exe so I dont need autoit on all the computers in my house)... Will fileinstall work to add in any au3 files and if they have file installs do those get added in as well? For example my script fileinstalls ImageSearch.au3 and it has the dlls to file install will they continue to work and get put into the exe file? Or is there a better way to do this?

when you compile a script, all the au3 files that script uses are combined into one au3 file, so fileinstall of au3 files is not needed for the operation of the script, all other files your script uses, are.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

3. Fileinstall question 2 : Does fileinstall support installing everything from a folder or do i have to add a million lines of code just for the installs or is there a way to do it using arrays for the icon images? So I can keep an organized file and script structure before and after the install.

You are required to add the code lines yourself, as the source needs hard coding. However there are helper functions to generate the code for you. "fileinstall helper" would be a good search term to find them.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

4. How do I include an entire folder and all sub folders of images for Imagesearch to look through I know there used to be a way like #include <Imagefolder/*> or maybe that was a different language. That way I can stay organized (again).

Not certain what this means, but I'll guess.

You could zip those folders, filleinstall the zip, and unzip on first run of compiled script.

6 hours ago, JohnOne said:

Not certain what this means, but I'll guess.

You could zip those folders, filleinstall the zip, and unzip on first run of compiled script.

You are required to add the code lines yourself, as the source needs hard coding. However there are helper functions to generate the code for you. "fileinstall helper" would be a good search term to find them.

when you compile a script, all the au3 files that script uses are combined into one au3 file, so fileinstall of au3 files is not needed for the operation of the script, all other files your script uses, are.

The fileinstall helpers seem interesting i will have to look those up and see what i can accomplish through them hopefully there is something to add in a image folder if not there might be a way to add a dir that the exe looks through even if its not inside the exe. i have no idea what im trying to say i just woke up after sleeping for right around 15 hours but hopefully i'm making sense ill check back after i fully awake to see if i did.

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

hopefully i'm making sense

About as much as you have since you restarted posting here.

And might I suggest changing your attitude in future - replying to fellow Mods as you have earlier in this thread is not what we like to see here. The Moderation team is charged by the site owner to keep this place in order - and your posting some complete nonsense about using ImageSearch to create an anti-virus raises a pretty large red flag. We are quite prepared to allow threads to continue in the absence of prima facie evidence of rule-breaking but we do not like it much when people treat us as idiots - something to ponder before you post again perhaps?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

I will add onto this that you are extremely fortunate that Melba saw this thread before I did this morning. I would have not been anywhere near as pleasant; you would, in fact, have probably found yourself unable to post for a time based on that response.

As Melba mentioned, we are willing to let topics continue as long as they contain some semblance of sense; something lacking in your posts thus far. You are now 30 posts into this thread, and everyone responding to you thus far has been equally confused by what you're attempting to do. The only common denominator thus far in your not getting the assistance you're after is you. 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

1 minute ago, Melba23 said:

xxaviarxx,

About as much as you have since you restarted posting here.

And might I suggest changing your attitude in future - replying to fellow Mods as you have earlier in this thread is not what we like to see here. The Moderation team is charged by the site owner to keep this place in order - and your posting some complete nonsense about using ImageSearch to create an anti-virus raises a pretty large red flag. We are quite prepared to allow threads to continue in the absence of prima facie evidence of rule-breaking but we do not like it much when people treat us as idiots - something to ponder before you post again perhaps?

M23

1. You know I make scripts that could be done in better ways using different functions etc it is all part of how I learn about different things that I find. Could I make it all a different way using file searching etc yes and I have before but what i want to learn is image search and things related to image search so I am making it this way.

1a. If I wanted to turn my script into a game bot I would not be posting anything about it in general on AutoIt I would be using another website who allows such a thing.

2. I said to help me find viruses not to make an anti-virus which I do manually because anti-virus software is crap.

3. Your moderator was treating me as a liar and an idiot. Now even excluding the Laws and Rights of my country (which do impose upon websites in general) he still called me an idiot and a liar. Once that is corrected because obviously no one but myself seems to care about that or at least no one has mentioned openly anything concerning it, I will put an amendment into my previous post, but not until then.

4. If I get locked or banned because of this post or my previous post so be it, I really am not all that concerned about it as i stated before there are other websites i can get help on in general. Just know that violating laws and rights of countries who impose the laws and rights of their citizens onto all websites that are allowed to be viewed in their country is grounds for legal action (check into facebook's, as an example, legal problems in the past for more information). I am sure the Owner's team would not want such a thing to happen to the Owner as he/she is directly responsible for the actions taken by the team.

5. #3 holds true for this post as well I will make an amendment once the matter of the moderators (now 2) in question is taken care of.

My quarrel is only with the moderators (now 2) who insulted me by saying what I am doing is unbelievable/nonsense, Yes I know that me using image search for something other than a game bot raises flags however those flags should not be present as I have explained what I am using Image search for. And as a side note the only game I have on my computer is Diablo I reworked my script a bit to even see if I could use it for such as the moderators in question are hinting at but where it changes so many parameters in how autoit defines screen resolution in general (yes i tried client modes as well) it does not work, of course I could be missing a simple function which could allow it to happen, but this is not what the script is being made for so I could care less about the function I am missing.

Now have a nice day and hopefully the Team's wording on such things and Quoting improves to where this sort of thing does not happen in the future. I never had a problem with you Melba until today you should know out of everyone here I do things weirdly and differently than a lot of people on here.

• Moderators

Aaaand we're done. You were not insulted, you were questioned due to the vague request. You need to drop it now, or you will be shown the door.

• Developers
4 hours ago, xxaviarxx said:

My quarrel is only with the moderators (now 2) who insulted me by saying what I am doing is unbelievable/nonsense

Can I be added to that list as it is indeed pretty stupid?
oh..  and I would have banned your ass after such a post without any hesitation ...  so don't even try to post anything similar since I will do it that time!

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)