afallenhope

AutoitExe not working on Win 10

Hello all! 

I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 

The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.

When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 

Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks,

Richard

Hello all! 

I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 

The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.

When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 

Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks,

Richard

52 minutes ago, afallenhope said:

So the process is AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer

@afallenhope let me start out by saying :x on using autoit to control batch to control (I'm assuming) MSI. Will be much less headache for you down the road if you stick to a single language (which we can help with).

Secondly, you will find that it is very rare that we will be able to assist problems with code when you don't actually post the code. By posting the full code (or at least something that reproduces the issue) we can test on our end and give suggestions. Without that, we're left to peer into our crystal balls and take a guess :)

@JLogan3o13 thanks for your response and sorry for tagging multiple topics. I'll make note of that :)

This is a snippet from the AutoitMainFile

;Starts Batch file that will open C# installer and launches XInstaller.exe
            ShellExecute("C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\Autoit\cmdprmt.bat", "")
            sleep(10000)
            ShellExecute("C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt\XInstallerAuto.exe")
            ;Waits for XInstaller to display the word success
            WinWaitActive("XInstaller","Success")
            WinKill("[CLASS:XInstaller Software Installation]", "Finish")

Sleep(5000)
            WinKill("[CLASS:Restart XPlan]", "restarted")

This is my cmdprmt code

@echo off
CD "C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt\XPlanUnzipped"
start XInstaller.exe
CD "C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt"
start XInstallerAuto.exe
exit

The XInstallerAuto.exe is the executeable made by Autoit. I have seem to have misplace the original source code for that file. What it was comprised of was just wait 5 seconds send Alt+N keystroke then wait another 5 seconds etc. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By _leo_
      Hey guys
      I'm new to autoit, so this could be a simple question. I'm trying to read the value from the currently selected cell in Excel. I read on the forum and tired to find videos, but I couldn't quite get to it. 
      This is what I have got so far:

Local $oExcel_1 = _Excel_Open()
      Local $var = "C:\Users\Acer\xy"
      Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel_1,$var)

Local $_read1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default.Application.ActiveCell.Address)

Whatever I try, I either get an error or it only reads "0".

Thank you very much for any helpful thoughts!
    • By Simpel
      Hi,
      at work we changed now from windows 7 to windows 10. Suddenly this command _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem() isn't working anymore for me. When I drag&drop a listviewitem it always returns -1.
      Here is the script that worked with WIN7:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Local $aArray_Base[5][2] = [["0 - 0", "0 - 1"], ["1 - 0", "1 - 1"], ["2 - 0", "2 - 1"], ["3 - 0", "3 - 1"], ["4 - 0", "4 - 1"]] GUICreate("listview", 220, 200) Global $g_idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, 200, 180) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($g_idListView, "Col 1", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($g_idListView, "Col 2", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($g_idListView, $aArray_Base) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN _Arrange_List() EndSwitch WEnd Func _Arrange_List() Local $iSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($g_idListView) If $iSelected = -1 Then Return While _IsPressed(1) WEnd Local $iDropped = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($g_idListView) ConsoleWrite("GetHotItem: " & $iDropped & @CRLF) If $iDropped > -1 Then _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($g_idListView) If $iSelected < $iDropped Then _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem($g_idListView, "", $iDropped + 1) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($g_idListView, $iDropped +1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($g_idListView, $iSelected), -1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($g_idListView, $iSelected) ElseIf $iSelected > $iDropped Then _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem($g_idListView, "", $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($g_idListView, $iDropped, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($g_idListView, $iSelected + 1), -1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($g_idListView, $iSelected + 1) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($g_idListView, $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_SetSelectionMark($g_idListView, $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($g_idListView) EndIf EndFunc Any ideas?
      Regards, Simpel

P.S. If I click an item then $iDropped is returning the correct number.
    • By 2Toes
      Hey there,
      I have a program that I'm working on, and I have a button that's supposed to stop a running function, when it's pressed.
      However, I cannot get that to work.
      I put together a sample script that is set up in the same way:
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 290, 106, 192, 124) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit") Global $btnStart = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 24, 24, 99, 49) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btnStart, "_Start") Global $btnStop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 152, 24, 99, 49) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btnStop, "_Stop") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 ;~ $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() ;~ Switch $nMsg ;~ Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ;~ Exit ;~ EndSwitch WEnd Func _Start() Global $bStartFlag = True $num = 1 While $bStartFlag ConsoleWrite($num & @CRLF) Sleep(1000) $num += 1 WEnd ConsoleWrite("Exited loop.." & @CRLF) EndFunc Func _Stop() Global $bStartFlag = False EndFunc Func _Exit() Exit EndFunc  
      With the code above, while the _Start() func is running, the Stop button doesn't do anything.
      I even threw a MsgBox into the _Stop() func, to see if the script was at least accessing the _Stop() func. But that showed that the _Stop() func is not being accessed at all while the _Start() func is running.
      I'm sure this is a simple solution that I'm just over looking. But I can't figure out what that solution is lol.
      Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you in advance!  
    • By jantograaf
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to write a script that connects with a VBA/COM API to get the status of a connected phone. I've been looking up and down this forum for tips or other user's experiences, but I can't seem to find anything (even remotely) similar. It shouldn't be so hard to do, however.
      Software I'm trying to connect to
      I'm trying to integrate CallCenter by using their API, which is documented over here : JustRemotePhone API Reference
      Things I've tried
      I've tried using ObjCreate but I don't get any result, it always returns the same (negative) error.
      #Version 1 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhone.RemotePhoneService") #Version 2 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhoneCOM.RemotePhoneService") #Version 3 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhoneCOM.RemotePhoneService.Application") None of the three versions I tried seem to deliver any result other than a negative error value which basically says that the given class is not valid.
      I am starting to get the hang of AutoIt by now, but unmanaged programming languages and object-oriented stuff is still quite a grey zone for me. If anyone could help me 'talk' to this application, I'd be immensely grateful!
      Thanks in advance and kind regards from Belgium!

Jan
    • By nooneclose
      Hello everyone, I am wondering if and how it is possible to connect my AutoIt script to a different email in my outlook. I have two different accounts when I open outlook. The first which my script always connects to is my own email while the second is a group email account. How or can I make the script connect to the second one and access its inbox instead of mine? This is all work related so no funny business here. 
      Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() ; Store all the Unread emails into an array Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _ "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Maintenance Request from Eagle's Nest", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1) ; Display the array of unRead emails If IsArray($aItems) Then ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails") Else MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _ "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended) EndIf ; Get the number of unread emails Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1 ;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead) ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF) I might be missing some code in the post but my code works It's just so long I don't want to post all 2300+ lines. 
      Thank you for the help I greatly appreciate this community.