afallenhope

AutoitExe not working on Win 10

afallenhope

Hello all! 

I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 

The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.

When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 

Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks,

Richard

afallenhope

Hello all! 

I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 

The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.

When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 

Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks,

Richard

JLogan3o13
52 minutes ago, afallenhope said:

So the process is AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer

@afallenhope let me start out by saying :x on using autoit to control batch to control (I'm assuming) MSI. Will be much less headache for you down the road if you stick to a single language (which we can help with).

Secondly, you will find that it is very rare that we will be able to assist problems with code when you don't actually post the code. By posting the full code (or at least something that reproduces the issue) we can test on our end and give suggestions. Without that, we're left to peer into our crystal balls and take a guess :)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

JLogan3o13

Also, please stick to one topic.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

afallenhope

@JLogan3o13 thanks for your response and sorry for tagging multiple topics. I'll make note of that :)

This is a snippet from the AutoitMainFile

;Starts Batch file that will open C# installer and launches XInstaller.exe
            ShellExecute("C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\Autoit\cmdprmt.bat", "")
            sleep(10000)
            ShellExecute("C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt\XInstallerAuto.exe")
            ;Waits for XInstaller to display the word success
            WinWaitActive("XInstaller","Success")
            WinKill("[CLASS:XInstaller Software Installation]", "Finish")

Sleep(5000)
            WinKill("[CLASS:Restart XPlan]", "restarted")

This is my cmdprmt code

@echo off
CD "C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt\XPlanUnzipped"
start XInstaller.exe
CD "C:\Users\NTS\Desktop\AutoIt"
start XInstallerAuto.exe
exit

The XInstallerAuto.exe is the executeable made by Autoit. I have seem to have misplace the original source code for that file. What it was comprised of was just wait 5 seconds send Alt+N keystroke then wait another 5 seconds etc. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• faustf
      By faustf
      hi guys
      i have a script  like this,  in windows 7 work perfect , in windows 10 not  work  , some one can explain me  why ??'
      #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $aGPathFoto= FileReadToArray (@ScriptDir & "\TEMP\PathFoto.txt") Local $ctrl = 0 While 1 Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 10) If WinExists("[CLASS:#32770]") Then If $ctrl < 2 Then ControlSend($hWnd, "Choose File to Upload", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $aGPathFoto[0]&"{Enter}") Exit $ctrl += 1 Else ExitLoop EndIf EndIf WEnd $aGpathfoto = C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Chrysanthemum.jpg
    • ufukreis1212
      By ufukreis1212
      Hello, I am new members. Help me please. I want vbs convert to au3 .
      This vbs code : 
      'deneme Set SystemSet = GetObject("winmgmts:").InstancesOf ("Win32_OperatingSystem") strOSArch = GetObject("winmgmts:root\cimv2:Win32_OperatingSystem=@").OSArchitecture Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network") Set wshShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" ) strComputerName = wshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%COMPUTERNAME%" ) Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") proc_arch = oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%") Set oEnv = oShell.Environment("SYSTEM") strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") Set colMB = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_BaseBoard") Set colCSes = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem") Set colProcessors = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Processor") Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") Set colItemsx = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _ "SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController",,48) '------------------------------------------------------------------- Set obj = GetObject("winmgmts:").InstancesOf("Win32_PhysicalMemory") i = 1 For Each obj2 In obj memTmp1 = obj2.capacity / 1024 / 1024 TotalRam = TotalRam + memTmp1 i = i +1 Next '-------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim objWMIService : Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select Architecture from Win32_Processor") For Each objItem in colItems if objItem.Architecture = 0 then strArchitecture = "x86" end if if objItem.Architecture = 9 then strArchitecture = "x64" end if next '-------------------------------------------------------------------- strComputer = "." ' Local computer strMemory = "" i = 1 set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_PhysicalMemory") For Each objItem In colItems if strMemory <> "" then strMemory = strMemory & vbcrlf strMemory = strMemory & "Bank" & i & " : " & (objItem.Capacity /1024 /1024) & " Mb" i = i + 1 Next installedModules = i - 1 Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_PhysicalMemoryArray") For Each objItem in colItems totalSlots = objItem.MemoryDevices Next '---------------------------------------------------------------------- Set objWMISvc = GetObject( "winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2" ) Set colItems = objWMISvc.ExecQuery( "Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem" ) For Each objItem in colItems strComputerDomain = objItem.Domain Next for each System in SystemSet For Each objItem in colItemsx For Each objProcessor in colProcessors For Each bbType In colMB MbVendor = bbType.Manufacturer MbModel = bbType.Product MsgBox "İşletim Sistemi : " & System.Caption & vbNewLine & _ "İşletim Sistemi Versionu : " & + System.Version & vbNewLine & _ "Windows Mimari Yapısı: " & strOSArch & vbNewLine & _ "Kullanıcı isminiz: " & objNetwork.UserName & vbNewLine & _ "Bilgisayar ismi: " & strComputerName & vbNewLine & _ "Çalışma Grubu: " & strComputerDomain & vbNewLine & _ "--------------------------------------" & vbNewLine & _ "Anakart: " & MbVendor & " " & "[" & MbModel & "]" & vbNewLine & _ "--------------------------------------" & vbNewLine & _ "Grafik Kartı: " & objItem.Caption & vbNewLine & _ "Driver Version: " & objItem.DriverVersion & vbNewLine & _ "--------------------------------------" & vbNewLine & _ "İşlemci Üreticisi: " & objProcessor.Manufacturer & vbNewLine & _ "İşlemci İsmi: " & objProcessor.Name & vbNewLine & _ "CPU Mimarisi: " & strArchitecture & vbNewLine & _ "İşlemci Çekirdek sayısı: " & oEnv("NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS") & vbNewLine & _ "--------------------------------------" & vbNewLine & _ "Toplam RAM: " & TotalRam & " MB" & vbNewLine & _ "Toplam Slot: " & totalSlots & vbNewLine & _ "Boş Slot: " & (totalSlots - installedModules) & vbNewLine & _ "Ramlerin bulunduğu slotlar:" & vbcrlf & strMemory,0,"deneme" Next Next Next Next please help me , thanks.
    • JuanFelipe
      By JuanFelipe

Hello friends, I have a query, it happens that I have a matrix nxn, the first column of this contains each cell a number with 21 digits, when I pass this matrix to Excel I obviously write that number as 1,10016E + 20, I solved it by adding a * at the end of each cell, but I want it to be written as a text so that I do not have to remove that *, I searched in Google but could not find an effective solution, thanks in advance. 
    • Puls3
      By Puls3
      Hi, This is my first post on the AutoIt Forums, I most of the time was able to get help from this community by merely searching though google and have been able to solve hundreds of problems this way, though in this case I was incapable of finding a solution to my problem. I am quite confident that it is a user error (And my fault) but I haven't been able to determine what I did wrong, any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I have uploaded my whole script pardon passwords to provide as much information as possible.
      I declared a global array at the top of the script and am having issues when I try to set it's value, and I fail to understand why.
      Error Message:
      "D:\Projects\AutoIt\Arena\Base.au3" (270) : ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:
      $ExpMax[$i] = IniRead($TempSavePath, "Combatant" & $i, "ExpMax", $ExpMax[0])
      $ExpMax^ ERROR
      ConsoleWrite Log:
      Ran.
      Checking launch parameters.
      No launch parameters.
      Initiating load.
      Checking for save file.
      Save file not found.
      Load canceled.
      Loading or creating Combatant 1
      Base.au3
    • RamDemon
      By RamDemon
      Hi,
      Did anyone tried to  use Redis  with AutoIT as store DB ?
       Redis <-- more about it
      Mladen