Wingens

Find key using Value in ini file

Wingens

Hi,

i a stuck with a hopefully a little problem.

I know the value of a not yet known key in an ini file.
I need to be able to find the key using the value. The value is a unique value in a section.

Hope you guys can help me.

JLogan3o13

Just to clarify: you know the section it will be in, and you will know the value at some point, and you are trying to find the key based on that value - correct? If that is so, take a look at IniReadSection in the help file. It will return all key/value pairs in that section. You can then loop through and find the associated key based on the value.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've bought a Ergodox EZ programmable keyboard with layers of key maps (eg, layer 0 = dvorak, layer 1 = numberpad & nav, layer 2 = qwerty, etc), I've also got a small USB screen that can pull information from the registry. What I would like to determine is a way to pull the value of each current key from the keyboard, I can then write the values to the registry and pull them into my USB screen so I can see the keyboard key layout.
      I'm stuck with retrieving the key values, I've looked at _IsPressed(), _WinAPI_GetKeyState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardType(), _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText(), but none of them appear to be able to pull the keyboard key values without user interaction.
      The idea being, in pseudo code, bear in mind no error checking etc in this code, "GetKeyValue()" is what I'm needing help with and is a made up function, as is "HardwareKey1" etc:
      $keyOnePrev = "" $numOfKeys = 76 While 1 $keyOneCurrent = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey1) If $keyOneCurrent <> $keyOnePrev Then For $key = 1 To $numOfKeys $keyToWrite = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey & $key) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\myKeyboard", "key" & $key, "REG_SZ", $keyToWrite) Next EndIf $keyOnePrev = $keyOneCurrent Sleep(5000) WEnd Thanks guys!
    • kartune
      By kartune
      Hi, i would like to know if there is a possible way to use subsections for ini files?
      For example, my ini file would look something like this:

Clientname.ini
      [Info]
      Country=USA
      Type=Distributor

[Costs]
      [[JAN]] <----- subsection
      cost1=----
      cost2=----
      [[FEB]]
      cost1=----
      cost2=----

[Sales]
      sale1=----
      sale2=----
      [[FEB]]
      sale1=----
      sale2=----

[Profits]
      prof1=----
      prof2=----
      [[FEB]]
      prof1=----
      prof2=----

The sales would be inputed everyday by the script, and then whenever viewed, i would be using an array to view every sale/cost/profit under the subsection

Thanks for your time!
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Is this better to check a variable before you assign it to a value that could be the same?
      for example:
      local $EmptyLog = false func WriteLog($text) _guictrledit_appendtext($log, ($EmptyLog ? @CRLF : $empty) & $text) If $EmptyLog Then $EmptyLog = False endfunc or does AutoIt behind the scenes already check this?
      i guess overwriting memory with the same value over and over again is not good if you can prevent this with a check?
    • xEviiLx
      By xEviiLx
      I'm trying to read value of a base pointer + offset.
      With only address I can easily the value but with base addres (pointer) I really don't know how I can do that.

• ercicttech
      By ercicttech
      Hello, all..

My AutoIT is pretty terrible - but I get by with trawling here
      I came across an issue where i had to parse a large key in a large ini file, and found that I was victim of inireadsection's limit of "Only the first 32767 chars are read for legacy reasons."

I've attempted to put together some terrible code that parses an ini section.
      It's absolutely nowhere near good, but I figured I'd put it here so that folk who know what they're doing can laugh at improve it.
      $Ini = @ScriptDir & "\bigini.ini" Dim $IniArray[0][2] $KeyName = "Person" $R = FileOpen($Ini, 0) $IniStr = FileRead($R) FileClose($R) $Start = StringInStr($iniStr, "[" & $KeyName & "]") If $Start = 0 then Msgbox(16, "Error", "String not found") Exit EndIf $Stop = StringInStr($IniStr, @CRLF & "[", 0, 1, ($Start + 1)) If $Stop = 0 then $Stop = StringLen($IniStr) EndIf $String = StringMid($IniStr, $Start, ($Stop - $Start)) $Split = StringSplit($String, @CRLF, 1) $KeyCount = 0 Dim $IniArray[65535][2] For $Loop = 1 to $Split[0] $Add = "Y" $Str = $Split[$Loop] $EQBreak = StringInStr($Str, "=") Select Case StringMid($Str, 1, 1) = ";" $Add = "N" Case $EQBreak = 0 $Add = "N" Case Else $Add = "Y" EndSelect If $Add = "Y" then $KeyCount = $KeyCount + 1 $Key = StringMid($Str, 1, ($EQBreak - 1)) $Val = StringMid($Str, ($EQBreak + 1)) $IniArray[$KeyCount][0] = $Key $IniArray[$KeyCount][1] = $Val EndIf Next Redim $IniArray[$KeyCount +1][2] ; Add the number of hits to 00 to match inireadsection $IniArray[0][0] = $KeyCount _ArrayDisplay($IniArray) ; Do stuff with the Array like you would inireadsection  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.