Wingens

Find key using Value in ini file

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

i a stuck with a hopefully a little problem.

I know the value of a not yet known key in an ini file.
I need to be able to find the key using the value. The value is a unique value in a section.

Hope you guys can help me.

Just to clarify: you know the section it will be in, and you will know the value at some point, and you are trying to find the key based on that value - correct? If that is so, take a look at IniReadSection in the help file. It will return all key/value pairs in that section. You can then loop through and find the associated key based on the value.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon, I could very well be doing this wrong so feel free to totally advise otherwise - I'm wanting to use a GUI to first display a key from within an INI file, then secondly change the INI file by using a FileSelectFolder command but then I want to see the GUI change to reflect the change I've just made.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(Iniread(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",""), 64, 80, 121, 21) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Change", 200, 80, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $selectedFolder = FileSelectFolder("Select Log Path Directory",@WorkingDir,0) If NOT $selectedFolder = "" Then $newLogPath = IniWrite(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",$selectedFolder) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd So 2 part question really: (1) Should I be using GUICtrlCreateInput to display my INI read from within the GUI? (2) How can I refresh the GUI to update that to read the new information I've just written to the GUI?
      Thanks!

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi all
      I want a way to get the last key pressed.
      I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to  give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
      i  want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
      Please help me,
      greetings to all
      And thanks in advance
    • JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I want to create a loop which loops a code until for example f2 is pressed.
      So I tried something with _IsPressed but it doesn't work.
      Local $test = WinActivate("Notepad") Do Send("hi") Until _IsPressed("72", $test)  
      I don't know how I can do nothing when pressing f2 because it says "error: _IsPressed(): undefined function.".
      I did put 
      Send("hi") after Local $test = but it gives the same error.
      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 
      Maybe I am wrong and I need to use a whole other Function.. I am new to AutoIT so I am sorry..

• Ian_Mac
      By Ian_Mac
      HotKeySet("^{SPACE}", "get_color") $colorCodeHere = ;<---------------- func get_color() Global $point = MouseGetPos() Global $color = PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[1]) MsgBox(0, "debug", "result: " & $color) EndFunc While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Hello guys my problem is, how can i store the value that i get in that PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[0])
      i know that when i msgbox the color i will show the = of $color
      but i wanted it to be the value like  $colorCodeHere = 13456254. but  not hardcoding the value.

or how could i say 
      if $color is = to $color then do this and if  $color is not  equal to $color then do that.
    • LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf