WoodGrain

Solution on how to fix: SQLite _SQLite_Startup() Fails

WoodGrain

Hi guys,

This post was originally going to be a question on how to fix this issue but as I ended up figuring it out I thought I'd post it here for others that have the same issue.

So you've downloaded and extracted the latest version of the SQLite dll files etc into the same directory as your SQLite script but it's failing at _SQLite_Startup()?

What you need to do, that I couldn't see anywhere in the documentation, to fix the issue is rename the dll files from (for example) "sqlite3_301500000.dll" to "sqlite3.dll" and "sqlite3_x64_301500000.dll" to "sqlite3_x64.dll".

Fixed my issues instantly!
Hope it can help others too.

Cheers.

jchd

That's correct.

FYI Jon found out that the previous automatic download and proper naming of the SQLite DLLs was eating a huge share of the server's bandwidth. This happened after the launch of current release and beta, so the information is missing from the official support files.

Nonetheless the problem you mention is a little different: you downloaded current versions of the DLLs direct from the SQLite.org site and the name of these files carry the library version to help identify which is which, from popular request on the sqlite mailing list.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,
      as a start in Autoit i tried something i was missing since im using Autoit. 

I build a custom MessageBox which has a large amount of custom options and which scales its size on the parameters you set. 

Aviable Settings:
      -Title
      -Unlimited Buttons
      -Text Color (Buttons, Text)

-Background Color (Msgbox, Buttons, Label) 

-Button Timeout
      -Autoclose Timeout
      -Icon (Default, No Icon, Custom)

-Label/ Button Style. 
      -Transparency

I tried to keep this as close as i could to a Msgbox i was used too on my batch times.

After i was ready i realised, @Melba23 probably build a way better msgbox which would have suit my needs enterly, anyway thanks to @Melba23 because i use his Stringsize UDF. 

local $Message = _sMsgBox("Test", 6, "Continue?") if @extended <> -1 Then MsgBox(0, @extended, $Message&" Button pressed")  
      ScalingMessageBox.au3
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      Only early days at this point, but I have been pondering such a program for a while.
      As good as calibre is (thank you Kovid Goyal), which is a great and wonderful ebook suite of tools and a fair database, it does have its limitations. One of which, is how it deals with multiple libraries, another is the views you get. CalibBrowser will seek to address those.
      What CalibBrowser is not going to be, is an editor for existing calibre libraries. That will be left up to calibre, which is very much needed still, and covers many aspects I will never look at. Unlike calibre, which is quite a complex program, CalibBrowser also seeks to be simple. It is mainly a viewer, at this point, but will later be able to create its own libraries. However, it does not and will not export them to calibre, especially as calibre employs a far different method and structure to what CalibBrowser will employ.
      When CalibBrowser starts, it looks for calibre executables and the main Calibre Library. Whatever isn't found, you get prompted for with a browse option.
      A calibre library, is a set of ebook folders (Author\Ebooks) and a database file, always named metadata.db, and which causes an issue when it comes to multiple libraries, but makes life a bit easier when reconstructing any corrupted libraries. However, there are better ways to deal with that, as my program will show.
      The metadata.db file is an SQL database, so I am having a learning curve right now, as I have only ever dealt with an SQL database previously, codewise, when I created my INItoSQL program some time last year, as an exercise to prove a point.
      At the moment, things are pretty basic, and not everything works 100%. Here is a screenshot, to give an idea of it, but keep in mind, I intend to expand the current GUI for other stuff I will be adding.

Older Screenshots
      Gawd, I just noticed the '3|7' in the Book Input field (original screenshot). I was using that during troubleshooting for the multiple images scrolling and forgot to disable it ... not that it impacts anything. When it comes to maths, I struggle a bit, especially when tired. Right scrolling was easy, with a continuous loop, was easy to implement. Left scrolling was significantly harder for my poor brain ... until I realized I needed to see them as Min and Max.
      As you can see the program is usable, and all the buttons, aside from the Program Information one, work. You can even load different calibre libraries, and even reload after making changes to one with calibre. The calibre program does not need to be running, even to view an ebook in the Calibre Reader. The combo selector for a library and the ADD button are only temporarily placed where they are, until I expand the GUI.
      My intention at this point, is to add another five thumbnail images, directly below existing. Currently they aren't clickable, but I may add that.
      Here is another screenshot, of what you see when you click the larger Cover image.

If you want to have a play with the program as is, then you will need to also get the 'sqlite3.dll' file from some online source. When CalibBrowser starts successfully with the selected calibre library, it copies its metadata.db file to a sub-folder of the program called 'Backups'. It also creates a sub-folder in that, based on the library name, to house it. That copied file, is the one the program uses, though it does not even edit that, and file modification is checked every time the program starts with a particular library, or when you Reload or select a library. If the original source file has been modified, then the program copy is overwritten. The Reload Database button does nothing, if there is no change detected, and reports such.
      Place the required 'sqlite3.dll' file in the CalibBrowser root folder. Download includes source files (sqlite3.dll excepted).
      Also required of course, is an install of calibre, plus some ebooks in a created library - Calibre Library is the default when you first add ebooks to calibre. The Mobile Read Forums, is a great source for all things ebook, and calibre can be found there in the E-Book Software section.
      CalibBrowser.zip  - Upload 4  (previous downloads: 1 + 12 + 5)
      My apologies for the program being created in AutoIt v3.3.0.0. It is the first one I have done in a while, with an older AutoIt version. Basically my Win 7 Netbook, which has a current version of AutoIt, was busy and is always busy doing something, and not suitable for doing big projects for several reasons. My older but more powerful Win XP Laptop, has a better programming environment, better computer chair (most important for my knees etc), better external monitor (wider and newish), full size external keyboard & mouse, and a great suite of setup tools to assist me. I run several older versions of AutoIt already on my Laptop, but haven't yet determined what I need to adjust to add a current version of AutoIt to the mix. This also applies to my hugely beneficial Toolbar For Any program (one of those tools), which I constantly use with SciTE. At some point, when finished, I may update the program to the current AutoIt version ... especially as I believe I am now proficient enough to do so, having become quite familiar with it in the last year or so, making many programs with it.
      Enjoy!

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members, 
      I am working on a project where, emails from outlook are to be read and moved to various folders within the mailbox, based on the content of the emails.
      I used the below code for moving mails. It works fine when I run it against individual mail ids. But when I run it on Shared mailbox, the mails are not moved to respective folders.
      _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $sEntryId, Default, $sDestinationFolder) The value of $sEntryId is saved in an excel report initially. The current process reads the $sEntryId from the excel and passes it to "_OL_ItemMove" statement.
      Requesting the guidance of the forum members in this issue.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am working with Word UDF ( thanks @water! ), and, especially, with the function _Word_DocFindReplace().
      The replace does work everywhere in the document, but, it does not work in Headers or Footers.
      Am I missing something or am I forced to use the code below?
      I have already looked in the Help file ( about _Word_DocFindReplace() ), but there are no mentions about replace text in Headers/Footers.
      Sub FindAndReplaceFirstStoryOfEachType() Dim rngStory As Range For Each rngStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges With rngStory.Find .Text = "find text" .Replacement.Text = "I'm found .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With Next rngStory End Sub Thanks everyone in advance

Best Regards.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am building a management for the company I work with, and I just imported a real amount of rows ( about 29000 ), in my SQLite DB.
      The thing I am not understanding, is the time that the script takes to build this amount of rows in the ListView.
      I didn't measure it, but I think it took 2 minutes or so to create each ListView item...
      It is normal that it takes so much time?
      What can I do to improve the creation of the items?

Here's the code I am using to query and to create ListView items...
      ; Articles ListView: Global $lvwArticles = GUICtrlCreateListView("ID|Fornitore|Codice|Descrizione|EU|Prezzo|Sconto Applicato|Note", 14, 87, 1507, 660, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) ; Query $strQuery = "SELECT * FROM ARTICOLI;" ; Query Execution _SQLite_GetTable2d($objDatabase, $strQuery, $arrResult, $intRows, $intColumns) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; Cleaning the ListView _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($lvwArticles) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; No records in the Table If UBound($arrResult) < 2 Then ; Error Handling Else _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($lvwArticles) For $intCounter = 1 To UBound($arrResult) - 1 $strListViewItem = $arrResult[$intCounter][0] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][1] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][2] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][3] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][4] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][5] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][6] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][7] $objListViewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strListViewItem, $lvwArticles) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($lvwArticles) EndIf EndIf EndIf Thanks in advance

Best Regards.