Sign in to follow this  
Nitrolord

PixelGetColor Mouse X,Y FIX

Nitrolord

I had this problem with PixelGetColor not giving me the same HEX Color as the AU3Info Tool and searched every were with no luck then had a OH DA moment LoL.

The problem is that the

"PixelGetColor ($mouseX[0], $mouseY[1])"

is looking rite at the very tip of the mouse pointer not under it.  So you have to set a -3 after the [0] and [1].  

"PixelGetColor ($mouseX[0] -3, $mouseY[1] -3)"

to make it search next to the pointer not on the pointer.  You may have to adjust this a bit for your display but you should not have  to go more then -5.  -3 seems to work best for me.

Example.au3

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 141, 127, 276, 231)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 8, 121, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Press or Hold F1 to get Hex color at Mouse X -3, Y-3 Pos,", 8, 40, 124, 73)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

HotKeySet("{f1}","MousePos")

Func MousePos()
    $aPos = MouseGetPos()
    $PGC = PixelGetColor($aPos[0] -3, $aPos[1] -3)
    GUICtrlSetData($Input1, "0x" & Hex($PGC, 6))

EndFunc

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Edited by Nitrolord

JLogan3o13

So, is this you asking a question (which I am not seeing) or are you posting an example - maybe better suited for the Examples forum?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Nitrolord
10 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

So, is this you asking a question (which I am not seeing) or are you posting an example - maybe better suited for the Examples forum?

No I posted this as a Help Forum for those who cant figure out why there AU3Info Tool is returning a different HEX Color then the PixelGetColor.

But if you prefer I post it in the Examples Forum then no problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• tiye0405
      By tiye0405
      Hello, 

I currently have a problem that deals with moving the mouse to a given location + or - a certain distance.
      $search1 =_WaitForImageSearch("envelope.bmp", 10, 1, $x, $y, 20)
      $search2 =_WaitForImageSearch("envelope2.bmp", 10, 1, $x, $y, 20)

If $search1 = 1 Then
                  Sleep(100)
                  MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
                  sleep(99)
                  MouseClick("left")
                 Sleep(99)
      ElseIf $search2 = 1 Then
                 Sleep(100)
                 MouseMove($x, $y2, 10)
                 sleep(99)
                 MouseClick("left")
                 Sleep(100)
      Else
                Sleep(150)
                MouseMove($x2, $y, 10)
                Sleep(150)
                MouseClick("left")
               Sleep(150)
      EndIf
      The problem about this is that i defined $x2 = $x - 175  and $y2 = $y + 35
      I got these numbers ( 175 and 35) with the autoit helper and just subtracted point where it is to the point its supposed to move but it doesnt work.

is there any proper way to find the distance between 2 points in pixels?

Imgsearch doesnt always work for this picture so i want it to have a backup

edit: could it be that the definition of $x and $y  from the previous image search arent there anymore and thats why it moves my mouse to strange places? 
      is there a way to preserve the $x $y from the previous img search untill the next succesful one?

• Daka
      By Daka
      I find it very weird:
      if I run like this:
           Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, '0xFF455E')
      works fine!
      If I run like this:
          Local $metaColor1 = '0xFF455E' or like this Local $metaColor1 = "0xFF455E" or Local $metaColor1 = "'0xFF455E'"
          Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, $color)
      it doesn't want to work! So something with variable is not working and yes if I print it out like this:
      ConsoleWrite(@LF & $posX & ":"& $posY & ":"& $sizeX & ":" & $sizeY & ":" & $color&@LF)
      771:80:833:151:0xFF455E

So I dont see the problem, maybe some of you people?
    • squidol
      By squidol
      I need help about pixel search. The problem with the script below is that PixelSearch does not continue on the coordinates where it has stopped.
      When the first pixelsearch finds the 1st pixel, it should move the mouse over it and new pixels would appear just like hovering over menus. Then upon hover, there would be another PixelSearch to see if the second red pixel is found. If not found, then it should resume the first PixelSearch instead of starting from left to right again. 
      For example we are doing a pixelsearch on two straight lines with coordinates  [x,y]  :
      [0,0] [1,0] [2,0]
      [1,0] [1,1] [1,2]
      Pixelsearch finds the coordinate [1,0] matching our color. So it checks the pixel just below it which is [1,1] to see if it is color red. If not red then it should continue searching starting on coordinates [2,0] instead of going back to [0,0]
      Local $bflag = False Do     ToolTip("finding..",0,0,"")     Sleep(500)     $var = PixelSearch(591, 169, 1365, 740, 0x464950,50) ; look for initial pixel     If Not @error Then ;         MouseMove($var[0],$var[1],0) ;move on the button to show new selections, new pixels         sleep(1000)         ;search for the red pixel on an area above the first pixel coords which was          ;generated when mouse cursor was hovered on the first pixel found.         $redpixel = PixelSearch($var[0]-50,$var[1]-50,$var[0]+50,$var[1]+50,0xFF0048)          If Not @error Then ; Found the 2nd pixel                 ToolTip("found...",0,0,"")             $bflag = True          EndIf     EndIf Until $bflag I can pay 50USD through Paypal for a working solution. thanks   
    • MrMajorThorburn
      By MrMajorThorburn
      Using sample code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ; Find a pure red pixel in the range 0,0-20,300
      Local $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Pure Not Found")
      EndIf ; Find a pure red pixel or a red pixel within 10 shades variations of pure red
      $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000, 10)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Variant Not Found")
      EndIf   and the attached screenshot which has Pure Red (FF0000) in one icon in the area being searched. Would someone please check this out for me?
    • RHolmes
      By RHolmes
      I have a program that has a control that changes color a few seconds into running. So ideally, I would poll this to tell when an event has occurred. 
      I can't seem to retrieve the correct color value for a control. It always seems to return white indicating that its selecting somewhere else in the window.
      In the PixelGetColor call I'm adding half the width to the x value and subtracting half the height to the y value  in order to get the center of the control. (assuming the coords returned by ControlGetPos are top left - which i can't be sure of) But I've also tried without modifying the x/y and with changing the PixelCoordMode option to 2. Maybe I'm making a silly mistake and can't see it? Any help would be appreciated.
      Code is below:
      Opt("PixelCoordMode", 0)
      FileChangeDir( "C:\Where\My\File\Is" );
      Run( "MyProgram.exe" )
      Local $hClient = WinWaitActive( $CLIENT_TITLE, "", 10 )
      Local $systemIndicatorClassNN= "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:99]"
      Local $hSystemIndicator = ControlGetHandle ( $hClient, "", $systemIndicatorClassNN)
      Local $xywh = ControlGetPos ( $hClient, "", $hSystemIndicator )
      For $i = 10 To 1 Step -1
            $color = PixelGetColor ( $xywh[0] + ($xywh[2]/2), $xywh[1] - ($xywh[3]/2), $hClient )
            LogToFile( $color )
            Sleep( 2000 )
      Next