Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nitrolord

PixelGetColor Mouse X,Y FIX

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I had this problem with PixelGetColor not giving me the same HEX Color as the AU3Info Tool and searched every were with no luck then had a OH DA moment LoL.

The problem is that the

"PixelGetColor ($mouseX[0], $mouseY[1])"

is looking rite at the very tip of the mouse pointer not under it.  So you have to set a -3 after the [0] and [1].  

"PixelGetColor ($mouseX[0] -3, $mouseY[1] -3)"

to make it search next to the pointer not on the pointer.  You may have to adjust this a bit for your display but you should not have  to go more then -5.  -3 seems to work best for me.

Example.au3

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 141, 127, 276, 231)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 8, 121, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Press or Hold F1 to get Hex color at Mouse X -3, Y-3 Pos,", 8, 40, 124, 73)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

HotKeySet("{f1}","MousePos")

Func MousePos()
    $aPos = MouseGetPos()
    $PGC = PixelGetColor($aPos[0] -3, $aPos[1] -3)
    GUICtrlSetData($Input1, "0x" & Hex($PGC, 6))

EndFunc

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Edited by Nitrolord

#2 ·  Posted

So, is this you asking a question (which I am not seeing) or are you posting an example - maybe better suited for the Examples forum?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted

10 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

So, is this you asking a question (which I am not seeing) or are you posting an example - maybe better suited for the Examples forum?

No I posted this as a Help Forum for those who cant figure out why there AU3Info Tool is returning a different HEX Color then the PixelGetColor.

But if you prefer I post it in the Examples Forum then no problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• RHolmes
      By RHolmes
      I have a program that has a control that changes color a few seconds into running. So ideally, I would poll this to tell when an event has occurred. 
      I can't seem to retrieve the correct color value for a control. It always seems to return white indicating that its selecting somewhere else in the window.
      In the PixelGetColor call I'm adding half the width to the x value and subtracting half the height to the y value  in order to get the center of the control. (assuming the coords returned by ControlGetPos are top left - which i can't be sure of) But I've also tried without modifying the x/y and with changing the PixelCoordMode option to 2. Maybe I'm making a silly mistake and can't see it? Any help would be appreciated.
      Code is below:
      Opt("PixelCoordMode", 0)
      FileChangeDir( "C:\Where\My\File\Is" );
      Run( "MyProgram.exe" )
      Local $hClient = WinWaitActive( $CLIENT_TITLE, "", 10 )
      Local $systemIndicatorClassNN= "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:99]"
      Local $hSystemIndicator = ControlGetHandle ( $hClient, "", $systemIndicatorClassNN)
      Local $xywh = ControlGetPos ( $hClient, "", $hSystemIndicator )
      For $i = 10 To 1 Step -1
            $color = PixelGetColor ( $xywh[0] + ($xywh[2]/2), $xywh[1] - ($xywh[3]/2), $hClient )
            LogToFile( $color )
            Sleep( 2000 )
      Next
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Hi!

I'm trying to script an ellipse drawing algorithm in AutoIT for learning purposes.
      I use an edit control to "draw" the ellipse with characters.
      The code i have works kinda good but i would like to see if others around here know a better algorithm to do it..
      I would like to be able to give the x, y and width, height arguments to the function and not have to start at the middle point and draw the ellipse around it.

side note, the ellipse glitches when it has to be 2 pixels high too..

func ellipsePlotPoints ($xc,$yc, $x,$y) pixel ($xc + $x, $yc + $y) pixel ($xc - $x, $yc + $y) pixel ($xc + $x, $yc - $y) pixel ($xc - $x, $yc - $y) endfunc func ellipse($xc,$yc, $a,$b) local $a2 = $a * $a local $b2 = $b * $b local $twoa2 = 2 * $a2 local $twob2 = 2 * $b2 local $p local $x = 0 local $y = $b local $px = 0 local $py = $twoa2 * $y ; Plot the initial point in each quadrant. ellipsePlotPoints ($xc,$yc, $x,$y) ; Region 1 $p = int($b2 - ($a2 * $b) + (0.25 * $a2)) while ($px < $py) $x+=1 $px += $twob2 if ($p < 0) then $p += $b2 + $px else $y-=1 $py -= $twoa2 $p += $b2 + $px - $py endif ellipsePlotPoints ($xc,$yc, $x,$y) wend ; Region 2 $p = int ($b2 * ($x+0.5) * ($x+0.5) + $a2 * ($y-1) * ($y-1) - $a2 * $b2) while ($y > 0) $y-=1 $py -= $twoa2 if ($p > 0) then $p += $a2 - $py else $x+=1 $px += $twob2 $p += $a2 - $py + $px endif ellipsePlotPoints ($xc,$yc, $x,$y) wend endfunc  
    • Ian_Mac
      By Ian_Mac
      HotKeySet("^{SPACE}", "get_color") $colorCodeHere = ;<---------------- func get_color() Global $point = MouseGetPos() Global $color = PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[1]) MsgBox(0, "debug", "result: " & $color) EndFunc While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Hello guys my problem is, how can i store the value that i get in that PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[0])
      i know that when i msgbox the color i will show the = of $color
      but i wanted it to be the value like  $colorCodeHere = 13456254. but  not hardcoding the value.

or how could i say 
      if $color is = to $color then do this and if  $color is not  equal to $color then do that.
    • Cyberjunk
      By Cyberjunk
      Hello, I am new to both Programming and this forum. I have done a few tiny projects that were successful and fell in love with Autoit. So now I am trying to learn new things as I go. I have read the Help docs on my following question, I have gone thru all of that. and I am sure as soon as you see my code you will be saying OMG why did he do that, or OMG how can you forget to add this.. But when your new you take the path of least resistance to get the outcome you want.

SETUP:
      I am trying to make a code that will open a piece of software, then open a browser (which has a handful of tabs already open) go to a web page (one of the tabs) and search an area of the web page for a specific color, if that color is found I want it to close the browser and go back and start again. If that color is not found on that page I want it to switch tabs and search that page for the color. If the color is found on that page I want it to close the browser and start again. If the color is not found on either page, I want it to open another browser and go to website and do some things I will add once i get past this obstacle.

I already have it almost there my code will open my software, open the browser, do the searches, find or not find the color, the part I am having trouble with is the if and else and what happens if and what it does if it does not. So the first code I have does everything I want except if it finds the color on the first run it closes the browser, but then when it starts the process again it doesnt check for the color. its like it skips the scanning part and goes straight to the opening of the second browser and finishes the code.
      Run( "C:\Programs\myprogram.exe", "", @SW_SHOWDEFAULT ) Sleep(4000) MouseClick("left", 613,272) ;click in program Sleep(500) Example() Func Example() MouseClick("left", 632,456) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 527,456) ;click in program Sleep(15000) Run( "C:\Programs\browser1.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(Random(4000,6000)) EndFunc ;==>Example MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) MouseClick("left", 354,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) $aCoord = PixelSearch(873, 485, 900, 600, 0xDD0000, 10) ;search for color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;click tab again just to be sure its loaded Sleep(4000) $aCoord = PixelSearch(1052, 308, 1120, 431, 0xFF0000, 10) ;search for this color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else Run( "C:\Programs\browser2.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(2000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 134,45) ;click on address bar Sleep(1000) Send("aspecificwebpage.com") ;input website Send("{enter}") ;hit enter Sleep(15000) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser2 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 625,454) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 634,271) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 917,245) ;close program Sleep(500) SO it makes the first scan and is successful, if the color is found it closes as I want, but then when nit starts the code again it does not scan anything the second time.

and on the other side, if the color is not found naturally everything works as it is written.
      I want to guess by all the weird colors in the code sniplet I have a massive amount of errors. It is like a rainbow of text up there. different from what i see in AutoIT

Any help would be appreciated.

• DuyAnh
      By DuyAnh
      how to find the location on an image color ?? 
      Similar PixelSearch, but in a format bmp image

search 0x0806EB and returns coordinates

sorry I am not good at English