Clemens

Using GUICtrlRead for ListView with multiselection

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I have a small hopefully quick fixable issue with reading information from my ListView:
So in fact I just want to have information about which items are selected, so I'm using

msgbox(0 , "return", GUICtrlRead($myListView), 1)

but unfortunately it only returns me either the first item id or if this is not selected the second item id, or if this is not selected the third, etc. or 0 if none is selected.

Anybody has an idea how to get the full picture of my >>multiple Items selected<< ListView?

Thanks in advance!

Clemens

Edited by Clemens

Clemens,

Time to dig deeper into the Help file and discover the GUIListView UDF - _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices is the function you require.

M23

1 person likes this

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Anas
      By Anas
      Hi,

Is it possible to set a different text direction/layout (not alignment) for a Listview column?

Thanks.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dears
      how are you? I hope You fine
      I have a question please
      I've created a listView
      It has several columns
      Is there any way  to search for text in an element of this list with text in all columns
      for example
      list view with 2 column
      the first is the file name and the second is the file path
      and i want to search for the item witch Containt the name and the path toGether
      I searched a lot but could not find what I was looking for
      If you do not understand the idea that I'm looking for, I can put an example
      Thanks in advance
    • Jibsbrown
      By Jibsbrown
      So trying to get an INI section in a listView with checkboxes. Was able to get the the section values to show until i add the checkboxes and now only the keys are show up. Between reading the Help file, Forum Topic and trying other code option. I have been unable to answer this problem. I'm assuming its something very basic I'm overlooking since this it's day 21 of learning Autoit.
      If someone could please advise I would appreciate the assistance.

Here's the code: 
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> Global $sIniPath = "installLog.ini" ;ConsoleWrite($sIniPath) $iniSctionNames = IniReadSectionNames($sIniPath) ;_ArrayDisplay($iniSctionNames, "$iniSctionNames") $keys2 = IniReadSection($sIniPath, $iniSctionNames[2]) _ArrayDisplay($keys2 , "$keys2") ; Create GUI $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 250) ; Create ListView $cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, 200, 200,$LVS_List,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cLV, $keys2, 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cLV, $keys2, 100) ;_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($cLV, $keys2, 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($cLV, $keys2) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd And the INI file I'm using. 
      [OldSysInfo] 4=192.168.0.4|DESKTOP-RDIU2SN|R90M05Q8 5=192.168.0.5|SD0123456789101|R9WGP9P 6=192.168.0.6|SD0123456789102|R9WGP9PT 3=192.168.0.3|DESKTOP-3RS4LKL|R9WGP9P 23=192.168.0.23|SD0123456789102|MXL1234P5I [PrinterIp] 50=192.168.0.50 48=192.168.0.48 47=192.168.0.47 [NewSysInfo] newPC = SD0123456789adfs|192.168.0.185|2UA1234FTR Also if possible could you explain how to hide the Array count row as well.
    • buymeapc
      By buymeapc
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to create a listview with subitem icons and I achieved this by simply rearranging the order of the columns, so that the first column is in the middle, thus appearing as a subitem with an icon - this method prevents the "icon clipping" that happens when using subitem icons in a listview. My issue is that when I select a row that does not have an icon, the space where the icon would be is white. Is there a way to make this transparent, so it looks like the entire row is selected?
      Here's an example - click the second listview item/row to see a blank space where the icon would be.
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _Main() Func _Main() Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage Local $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP) $hGui = GUICreate("Listview Test With Icons", 400, 300) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS)) _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks) GUISetState() ; Create the image list $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 165) _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1) ; Set the order so the first column is moved to the middle, ; acting like a subitem with an icon _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($listview, "1|0|2") ; Add the items GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item1|Item2|Item3", $listview) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item4|Item5|Item6", $listview) ; Set an icon for just the first item _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, 0, 0) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>_Main  
    • Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings forum,
      Hi develop this script, to use context menu with listview.
      It's work fine, run and click with left or right mouse button, you see on Console the id from item.
      If you click none, the id is -1, like this:
      $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[2] $NM_RCLICK[1] $NM_RCLICK[0] $NM_RCLICK[1] That is correct.
      But if you uncoment the line:
      GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU")
      You have to click with left button (over item or none) and after click with right button.
      LeftButton is to update $HOSTS_INDEX.
      RightButton is to open ContextMenu.

Exist another way to update $HOSTS_INDEX?
      Example:
      Call WM_NOTIFY every time WM_CONTEXTMENU is called?
      I ask this, becouse i cant understanding why $HOSTS_INDEX is not updated when WM_CONTEXTMENU is uncomented.
      Someone can explain or help me?

Best regards.
      ;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;~ #Tidy_Parameters=/sf #include-once #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("OnExit") Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global Enum $eCREATE = 1000, $eUPDATE, $eDELETE, $eICON_TABLE, $eDEFAULT, $eEXPORT_HTML Global Const $EMPTY = -1 Global $HOSTS_INDEX = -1 Global $HOST_Host Global $aGuiSize[2] = [800, 600] Global $sGuiTitle = "GuiTitle" Global $hGui Global $iList, $hList $hGui = GUICreate($sGuiTitle, $aGuiSize[0], $aGuiSize[1]) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Quit") $iList = GUICtrlCreateListView("nome", 20, 50, 240, 490) $hList = GUICtrlGetHandle($iList) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hList, 0, 236) Populate() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU") While Sleep(25) WEnd Func OnExit() GUISetState($hGui, @SW_HIDE) GUIDelete($hGui) EndFunc ;==>OnExit Func Quit() Exit EndFunc ;==>Quit Func Populate() Local $arr[4] = [3, "nome 1", "nome 2", "nome 3"] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hList) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hList) For $ii = 1 To $arr[0] _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hList, $arr[$ii]) Next _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hList, 0, True, True) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hList) EndFunc ;==>Populate Func WM_CONTEXTMENU($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU..( $hWnd=" & $hWnd & ", $iMsg=" & $iMsg & ", $wParam=" & $wParam & ", $lParam=" & $lParam & " )" & @LF) Local $exec = 0 Local $hMenu Switch $wParam Case $hList Local $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Local $aOrigin = _GUICtrlListView_GetOrigin($hList) ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU $HOSTS_INDEX[" & $HOSTS_INDEX & "] $aOrigin[" & _GUICtrlListView_GetOriginX($iList) & "]" & @LF) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup() If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Then _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Add", $eCREATE) Else _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Rename", $eUPDATE) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Del", $eDELETE) EndIf _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hGui, $hMenu) $exec = _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2, 1) _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu) EndSwitch Return True EndFunc ;==>WM_CONTEXTMENU Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Local $TRY_ID Switch $hWndFrom Case $hList $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Switch $iCode Case $NM_CLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_CLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Or $HOST_Host Then ;~ HOSTS_Clear() ;~ HOSTS_ListView_ItemCancel() ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_DISABLE) Else Local $name = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hList, $HOSTS_INDEX) ;~ HOSTS_FieldLoad($name) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_ENABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Return 0 ; allow the default processing Case $NM_RCLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_RCLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) Return 0 ; allow the default processing EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY