RichEdit issue for Win 7 (drag & drop)

I've finally come up with some simple solutions for dragging & dropping a URL onto a control.

There have been many requests here for this over the years.

I do have an issue though, with my second code example solution as is mentioned here.

The issue relates to working in Win 7 (and no doubt newer Windows).

As I state there, failure is no doubt due to 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' missing from the System32 folder, at the very least.

Not sure if it would be wise to just dump 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' from WinXP into the Win 7 System32 folder. I expect not.
I imagine there is a better solution available in Win 7. Maybe a different OCX file, and perhaps a different Class of object etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Code is here (second example).

EDIT
Okay, I have rediscovered that 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' is a VB6 ActiveX control. So while I could dig up a copy and register it, that would probably not be helpful to everyone.

And registering it didn't help. Possibly other dependencies are also needed?

When running the script, it is clear going by the error reported, that Object is not being created.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I have come up with a solution for my personal use, but not so great when sharing with others, so I am still in need of a better solution.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Have now added a slower embedded IE based version - 3rd example. It could use some improvement though.

Spoiler

userbar.png