DLS

How to find if window handle is active on current virtual desktop (Win10)

I have a working script that changes the core affinity and process priority of multiples of a specific application I have running.  

I have that part figured out.

I would like to make a little modification to it.

Windows10 introduced virtual desktops.  I am trying to have different core affinity and priority of processes on the visible and non-visible desktops.  

What I need is a bool function that could be described as IsWindowOnCurrentDesktop($hWnd).  I have searched the winAPI.au3 but I do not believe anything like that exists built it.

I have searched multiple places before asking for help. I found a Microsoft supplied example of the function I need using C#, but I am unfamiliar with C# to a degree that I cannot port the system call over.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/winsdk/2015/09/10/virtual-desktop-switching-in-windows-10/

Help is appreciated but not expected.  Thanks in advanced.   In the meantime I will be learning C# syntax and class structure.

Edited by DLS

I got it to work.  Heres the code if someone needs it.

Relevant Function

Func _IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop($hWnd)
    $CLSID = "{aa509086-5ca9-4c25-8f95-589d3c07b48a}"
    $IID = "{a5cd92ff-29be-454c-8d04-d82879fb3f1b}"
    $TAG = "IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop hresult(hwnd;ptr*);"
    $IVirtualDesktopManager = ObjCreateInterface($CLSID, $IID, $TAG)
    $Result = False
    $IVirtualDesktopManager.IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop($hWnd, $Result)
    $IVirtualDesktopManager = 0
    Return $Result
 EndFunc

Entire Program

#requireadmin
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>
#include <ProcessConstants.au3>

$Process = ProcessList("processname.exe")
For $i = 1 To $Process[0][0]
    $pid = $Process[$i][1]
    $handle = _WinAPI_OpenProcess($PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION+$PROCESS_SET_INFORMATION, False, $pid)
    $hWnd = _GetWindowHandleFromPid($pid)
    ProcessSetPriority ($pid, 0 )                           ;set cpu priority
    _WinAPI_SetProcessAffinityMask($handle, 0x08)           ;set cpu affinity
    ;msgbox(0,"",$Process[$i][0] & "   " & $Process[$i][1]  & "   " & $handle & "   " & $hWnd ) ;debug
    ;msgbox(0, "", _IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop($hWnd)) ;debug
 Next

Func _IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop($hWnd)
    $CLSID = "{aa509086-5ca9-4c25-8f95-589d3c07b48a}"
    $IID = "{a5cd92ff-29be-454c-8d04-d82879fb3f1b}"
    $TAG = "IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop hresult(hwnd;ptr*);"
    $IVirtualDesktopManager = ObjCreateInterface($CLSID, $IID, $TAG)
    $Result = False
    $IVirtualDesktopManager.IsWindowOnCurrentVirtualDesktop($hWnd, $Result)
    $IVirtualDesktopManager = 0
    Return $Result
 EndFunc

Func _GetWindowHandleFromPid($pid)
    Local $aData = _WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows($pid)
    Return $aData[1][0]
 EndFunc

;~  0x01    CPU1                binary to hex conversion reference chart with 1s for active cores and 0s for disabled
;~  0x02    CPU2
;~  0x03    CPU1+2
;~  0x04    CPU3
;~  0x05    CPU1+3
;~  0x06    CPU2+3
;~  0x07    CPU1+2+3
;~  0x08    CPU4
;~  0x09    CPU1+4
;~  0x0A    CPU2+4
;~  0x0B    CPU1+2+4
;~  0x0C    CPU3+4
;~  0x0E    CPU1+3+4
;~  0x0F    CPU1+2+3+4

Edited by DLS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By somebadhat
      Restore blank Windows 10 start menu icons.
      ; RESTORE BLANK WINDOWS 10 START MENU ICONS. ; TOGGLE SETTINGS-START-"USE START FULL SCREEN" TWICE ; THIS WILL RESTORE SOME OF THE BLANK ICONS ; FOR THOSE THAT IT DOES NOT REDO "CHANGE ICON" FROM THE PROPERTIES DIALOG BOX FOR EACH MISSING ICON. ; "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe" "F:\MYAPPS\WINDOWS\StartMenu1.au3" ; windows 10 and autoit3 AutoItSetOption ("SendKeyDelay" , "1000") Run(@ComSpec & " /c start ms-settings:personalization-start", "", @SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) Sleep(1000) ; send("{tab 8}{space}{tab 6}") ; Move to "use start full screen", toggle it and (improves reliability) return cursor to "find a setting" search box. MouseClick("left", 379, 490, 1, 0) ; Change as needed. Autoitv3 Window Info MouseClick Coords are 23px north. If y=467 use y=490 Sleep(250) ; Msgbox(0,"Operation halted","Continue?") ; PAUSE FOR DEBUG WinClose("[CLASS:ApplicationFrameWindow]", "") Send("{LWIN 2}") ; OPEN AND CLOSE THE START MENU Run(@ComSpec & " /c start ms-settings:personalization-start", "", @SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) Sleep(1000) ; send("{tab 8}{space}{tab 6}") ; Move to "use start full screen", toggle it and (improves reliability) return cursor to "find a setting" search box. MouseClick("left", 379, 490, 1, 0) ; Change as needed. Autoitv3 Window Info MouseClick Coords are 23px north. If y=467 use y=490 Sleep(250) ; Msgbox(0,"Operation halted","Continue?") ; PAUSE FOR DEBUG WinClose("[CLASS:ApplicationFrameWindow]", "") Send("{LWIN}") ; OPEN START MENU sleep(2000) Send("{LWIN}") ; CLOSE START MENU Exit
    • By Simpel
      Hi,
      at work we changed now from windows 7 to windows 10. Suddenly this command _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem() isn't working anymore for me. When I drag&drop a listviewitem it always returns -1.
      Here is the script that worked with WIN7:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Local $aArray_Base[5][2] = [["0 - 0", "0 - 1"], ["1 - 0", "1 - 1"], ["2 - 0", "2 - 1"], ["3 - 0", "3 - 1"], ["4 - 0", "4 - 1"]] GUICreate("listview", 220, 200) Global $g_idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, 200, 180) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($g_idListView, "Col 1", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($g_idListView, "Col 2", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($g_idListView, $aArray_Base) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN _Arrange_List() EndSwitch WEnd Func _Arrange_List() Local $iSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark($g_idListView) If $iSelected = -1 Then Return While _IsPressed(1) WEnd Local $iDropped = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($g_idListView) ConsoleWrite("GetHotItem: " & $iDropped & @CRLF) If $iDropped > -1 Then _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($g_idListView) If $iSelected < $iDropped Then _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem($g_idListView, "", $iDropped + 1) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($g_idListView, $iDropped +1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($g_idListView, $iSelected), -1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($g_idListView, $iSelected) ElseIf $iSelected > $iDropped Then _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem($g_idListView, "", $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($g_idListView, $iDropped, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString($g_idListView, $iSelected + 1), -1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($g_idListView, $iSelected + 1) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($g_idListView, $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_SetSelectionMark($g_idListView, $iDropped) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($g_idListView) EndIf EndFunc Any ideas?
      Regards, Simpel

P.S. If I click an item then $iDropped is returning the correct number.
    • By gahhon
      I have a application that have a function is to create a shortcut to desktop, lets say is ChromePortable.lnk.
      $iCreate = FileCreateShortcut($DIR_WA_FOLDER & '\GoogleChromePortable.exe', $DIR_SHORTCUT, $DIR_WA_FOLDER, '--kiosk "https://example.com/"') So the shortcut will be launch as kiosk mode and force to enter the specific website. However, the user is still able to right-click on the shortcut and modify the target value to remove the kiosk mode. What can I do to disable the user to editing the target value?
      So far, I had asked and tried from SuperUser for advises Disable Shortcut Target Field
      icacls "ChromePortable.lnk" /GRANT EVERYONE:RX So this will set the permission of this shortcut file to only Read & Execute only! But after I set it, the user is still can modify.
      Please kindly advise.
      Please note and assume that user don't have Administration account or etc, that should be only have 1 account to logon to the computer.

EDIT:
      I must disable inheritance to remove all others permissions like SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS, etc. Then only GRANT everyone for READ & EXECUTE only.
      But still the user can go to edit the permissions tho. Any advise?
    • By ur
      When I compiled my script or any script to exe using 32 bit compiler and ran on 32 bit machine, I am getting below error.

But it is 32 bit only.

And, for testing, I disabled smart screen also, but same issue.
      Please suggest.

• By sadakathullah
      Hi All, I am new to AutoIT and exploring options to use it in my organization. I tried couple of examples and it is fantastic. I am trying to run restrictions test in a pc to see if certain options are disabled like print screen, mstsc etc. I could not get a hang of it. Any help is much appreciated.