Skysnake

Auto resize contol on GUI resize

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

I think I am missing something obvious

I want the "color bar" to stretch from side to side (entire width) of the GUI.  On resize it must expand / contract as necessary.  I guess the answer is easy, but I need a bit of help please?

$hForm = GUICreate('myColor Picker', 300, 200,-1, -1, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_CAPTION)
;color the GUI background

;GUISetBkColor($sColorformFile, $hForm) ; set the gui background color

;Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,10,300,10) ; a blank LABEL color bar
Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateGraphic( -1,-1,300,10) ; a blank GRAPHIC color bar
GUICtrlSetResizing($mycolorLabel, $ws_sizebox);$GUI_DOCKMENUBAR);$GUI_DOCKAUTO) ;$GUI_DOCKBORDERS)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($mycolorLabel,$sColorformFile) ; set the color for the label

This is an extract from here, by @Yashied

$hForm = GUICreate('myColor Picker', 300, 200,-1, -1, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_CAPTION)
;color the GUI background

;GUISetBkColor($sColorformFile, $hForm) ; set the gui background color

;Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,10,300,10) ; a blank LABEL color bar
Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateGraphic( -1,-1,300,10) ; a blank GRAPHIC color bar
GUICtrlSetResizing($mycolorLabel, $ws_sizebox);$GUI_DOCKMENUBAR);$GUI_DOCKAUTO) ;$GUI_DOCKBORDERS)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($mycolorLabel,$sColorformFile) ; set the color for the label

Specifically my issue is with that $mycolorLabel

Thanks, Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

#2 ·  Posted

Skysnake,

From the Help file for GUICtrlCreateGraphic:

This control cannot be resized due to fix graphic relative addressing creation but can be dock with GUICtrlSetResizing().

So you cannot change the size of the control when  resizing the GUI, only the position of the control within the resized GUI.

M23

1 person likes this

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted

lots of code :(

Thanks @Melba23

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      Hi
      Maybe I am just being silly, but I don't understand what is supposed to happen here.
      ::/html/functions/GUICreate.htm
      GuiCreate from the Help file has 2 examples.  Specifically, the 2nd example creates a ChildGui.  Or so it says.  I do not see this on screen.
      $hGUI gets created, no problem.
      Local $hChild = GUICreate("ChildGui", 10, 10, 20, 20, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_MDICHILD), $hGUI) What exactly does this line do? Should I see it on screen?
      Skysnake
    • VenusProject2
      By VenusProject2
      Trying to isolate the cause of my parent GUI's graphic becoming contaminated by closing of a child GUI.
      The example script below creates the parent GUI, then I click a button to display a digital clock, I use keys to start, pause & resume the clock. NOTE: to exit the clock display after the clock has started hold down the 'ESC' key for more than 3seconds. Upon the clock closing the contamination should be evident.

#include <Misc.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <Date.au3> HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_ExitClock");To Exit Digital Clock use "Esc" key held for >3sec Dim $aXY[2] Global $Init0, $PausedTimer, $iTimerHours, $iTimerMins, $iTimerSecs Global $sec = @SEC Global $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") Global $iEvent = 0 Global $AlarmHour = 0 Global $AlarmMin = 0 Global $AlarmSec = 0 Global $SecSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(0, 0, 0, 0) Global $ClockSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(5, 5, 180, 30);Local Time Global $TimerSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(205, 5, 220, 30);Timer Global $AlarmSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(480, 5, 220, 30);Alarm Time Global $gui Dim $aDigChar[14] _initDigChar($aDigChar) ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $Form1 = GUICreate("Example") Local $StartB = GUICtrlCreateButton("Use 'Alt+S' to start Clock", 130, 200, 150, 25) Local $PauseB = GUICtrlCreateButton("Use 'Alt+P' to pause Clock", 130, 250, 150, 25) Local $ResumeB = GUICtrlCreateButton("Use 'Alt+R' to resume Clock", 130, 300, 150, 25) GUICtrlSetState($StartB, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($PauseB, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($ResumeB, $GUI_DISABLE) Local $OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("Display Clock", 270, 370, 125, 25) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop Case $OK _DigitalClock() EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($Form1) Func _DigitalClock() $gui = GUICreate("Digital Timer", 702, 40, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) ;$gui = GUICreate("Test", 702, 702) GUISetBkColor(0x000000) GUISetState() $SecSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(0, 0, 0, 0) $ClockSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(5, 5, 180, 30);Local Time $TimerSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(205, 5, 220, 30);Timer $AlarmSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(480, 5, 220, 30);Alarm Time Dim $msg[1] ;$AddMinutes = 10 While 1 ; main loop, waits until @sec changes and then executes main drawing management function While @SEC = $sec $msg = GUIGetMsg(1) If $msg[0] = -3 Then DllClose($hDLL) Return EndIf If _IsPressed("12", $hDLL) Then;'Alt' ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - Alt Key was pressed." & @CRLF) ; Wait until key is released. While _IsPressed("12", $hDLL); If _IsPressed("53",$hDLL) Then;'s' ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - 'o' Key was pressed." & @CRLF) start_timer() EndIf If _IsPressed("50",$hDLL) Then;'p' ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - 'p' Key was pressed." & @CRLF) pause_timer() EndIf If _IsPressed("52",$hDLL) Then;'r' ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - 'r' Key was pressed." & @CRLF) resume_timer() EndIf Sleep(300);(250) WEnd ElseIf _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "_IsPressed", "The Esc Key was pressed, therefore we will close the application.") ExitLoop EndIf Sleep(10) WEnd _draw() Sleep(50) $sec = @SEC WEnd EndFunc; ==> _DigitalCLock Func _ExitClock();Press Escape key for >5sec Local $Count = 0 If _IsPressed("1B",$hDLL) Then $Return = _KeyPressed("1B", $Count) ConsoleWrite("Escape Key Held for - " & $Return & "mS" & @CRLF) If $Return > 3000 Then DllClose($hDLL) AdlibUnRegister("show_timer") GUIDelete($gui) GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $Form1);enable parent GUI GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Form1) EndIf Endif EndFunc;==>_ExitClock() Func _KeyPressed($kp_Key, ByRef $kp_Count) $kp_Count += 1 Local $kp_Timer = TimerInit() While _IsPressed("1B") Sleep(100) WEnd Return TimerDiff($kp_Timer) EndFunc ;==>_KeyPressed ;################ Functions from StopwatchUDF.au3 ##################### ; The function that starts or resets the stopwatch Func start_timer() HotKeySet("{NUMPADMULT}") ;disable resume timer HotKeySet("{NUMPADSUB}", "pause_timer") ;enable pause timer $PausedTimer = 0 $Init0 = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("show_timer", 60) EndFunc ;==>start_timer ; The function that pauses the stopwatch Func pause_timer() HotKeySet("{NUMPADSUB}") ;disable pause timer HotKeySet("{NUMPADMULT}", "resume_timer") ;enable resume timer $PausedTimer += Int(TimerDiff($Init0)) AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc ;==>pause_timer ; The function that resumes the stopwatch Func resume_timer() HotKeySet("{NUMPADMULT}") ;disable resume timer HotKeySet("{NUMPADSUB}", "pause_timer") ;enable pause timer $Init0 = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("show_timer", 60) EndFunc ;==>resume_timer Func show_timer() ; _TicksToTime to get hours, mins, seconds _TicksToTime(Int(TimerDiff($Init0) + $PausedTimer), $iTimerHours, $iTimerMins, $iTimerSecs) ;StringFormat to display the time as HH:MM:SS ;ToolTip("HH:MM:SS = " & StringFormat("%02i:%02i:%02i", $iHours, $iMins, $iSecs), 0, 0, "Timer") EndFunc ;==>show_timer ; Exit Func Quit() Exit EndFunc ;==>Quit ;################ Functions from StopwatchUDF.au3 ##################### Func _draw($forceDraw = False) ; calculates angles for min/sec dials, manages execution of drawing routines Local $doDraw = False Sleep(25) ;_drawSec() _DrawClock() _DrawTimer();Digital Cue Timer 00:00:00 _DrawAlarmTime($iEvent);Event no. in Sequence with Hints in test string GUICtrlSetGraphic($SecSquare, $GUI_GR_REFRESH) EndFunc ;==>_draw ;#cs Func _DrawClock();Digital System Time ;return ; manages execution of write commands for HH MM SS characters GUICtrlDelete($ClockSquare) $ClockSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(5, 5, 180, 30);5, 5, 200, 30 _timeWrite(0, Int(@HOUR / 10), "regular", $ClockSquare);e.g. 1pm = 13 /10 =1 _timeWrite(20, Mod(@HOUR, 10), "regular", $ClockSquare);e.g. 1pm = 13Mod10 = 1 with 3 remainder _timeWrite(50, Int(@MIN / 10), "regular", $ClockSquare) _timeWrite(70, Mod(@MIN, 10), "regular", $ClockSquare) _timeWrite(100, Int(@SEC / 10), "regular", $ClockSquare) _timeWrite(120, Mod(@SEC, 10), "regular", $ClockSquare) EndFunc ;==>_drawTime ;#ce Func _DrawTimer();Digital Cue Timer 00:00:00 ;return ; manages execution of write commands for HH MM SS characters GUICtrlDelete($TimerSquare) $TimerSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(205, 5, 220, 30);Timer _timeWrite(0, 13, "Timer", $TimerSquare);C _timeWrite(20, 11, "Timer", $TimerSquare);L _timeWrite(50, 12, "Timer", $TimerSquare);- _timeWrite(80, Int($iTimerHours / 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) _timeWrite(100, Mod($iTimerHours, 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) _timeWrite(130, Int($iTimerMins / 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) _timeWrite(150, Mod($iTimerMins, 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) _timeWrite(180, Int($iTimerSecs / 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) _timeWrite(200, Mod($iTimerSecs, 10), "Timer", $TimerSquare) EndFunc ;==>_drawTime ;#cs Func _drawAlarmTime($iEvent);Digital Time ;Return ; manages execution of write commands for HH MM SS characters for the Alarm time GUICtrlDelete($AlarmSquare) $AlarmSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(480, 5, 220, 30) _timeWrite(0, 10, "Alarm", $AlarmSquare);A _timeWrite(20, 11, "Alarm", $AlarmSquare);L _timeWrite(50, 12, "Alarm", $AlarmSquare);- _timeWrite(80, Int($AlarmHour / 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) _timeWrite(100, Mod($AlarmHour, 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) _timeWrite(130, Int($AlarmMin / 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) _timeWrite(150, Mod($AlarmMin, 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) _timeWrite(180, Int($AlarmSec / 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) _timeWrite(200, Mod($AlarmSec, 10), "Alarm", $AlarmSquare) EndFunc ;==>_drawAlarmTime ;#ce Func _timeWrite($pos, $num, $type, $graph) ; $type is "Regular" or "Alarm" or "Timer" ; manages coloring and writing of 7 segement LEDs for time writing _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 1, 1), $type);0 _line($graph, $pos + 5, 2, $pos + 3, 10) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 2, 1), $type);1 _line($graph, $pos + 2, 14, $pos + 0, 22) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 3, 1), $type);2 _line($graph, $pos + 5 + 2, 0, $pos + 5 + 8, 0) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 4, 1), $type);3 _line($graph, $pos + 2 + 2, 12, $pos + 2 + 8, 12) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 5, 1), $type);4 _line($graph, $pos + 2, 24, $pos + 8, 24) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 6, 1), $type);5 _line($graph, $pos + 5 + 10, 2, $pos + 3 + 10, 10) _setColorAndPenForWrite(StringMid($aDigChar[$num], 7, 1), $type);6 _line($graph, $pos + 2 + 10, 14, $pos + 10, 22) EndFunc ;==>_timeWrite ;#cs Func _line($graph, $x1, $y1, $x2, $y2);Seven Segment Display ;Return ; draws line for time writing GUICtrlSetGraphic($graph, $GUI_GR_MOVE, $x1 + 2, $y1 + 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($graph, $GUI_GR_LINE, $x2 + 2, $y2 + 2) EndFunc ;==>_line ;#ce Func _setColorAndPenForWrite($char, $type) ; sets color and pen for next line in time writing, based on '0' or '1' in the DigChar array If $char = "1" Then;7 Segment display ON=1 or OFF=0 If $type = "Alarm" Then GUICtrlSetGraphic($AlarmSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($AlarmSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0xCCCCCC, 0xCCCCCC) ElseIf $type = "Timer" Then GUICtrlSetGraphic($TimerSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($TimerSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x00ff00, 0x00ff00);ct - Bright Green RGB Else GUICtrlSetGraphic($ClockSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($ClockSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0xEE0000, 0xEE0000) EndIf Else If $type = "Alarm" Then GUICtrlSetGraphic($AlarmSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($AlarmSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x222222, 0x222222) ElseIf $type = "Timer" Then;ct GUICtrlSetGraphic($TimerSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($TimerSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x002200, 0x002200);ct - Lite Green RGB Else GUICtrlSetGraphic($ClockSquare, $GUI_GR_PENSIZE, 2) GUICtrlSetGraphic($ClockSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x330000, 0x330000) EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>_setColorAndPenForWrite Func _drawSec() Return ; draws circle seconds indicator $aXY = _getXY(@SEC, 240) GUICtrlDelete($SecSquare) $SecSquare = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(350 + $aXY[0] - 8, 350 + $aXY[1] - 8, 16, 16) GUICtrlSetGraphic($SecSquare, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x0000FF, 0x0000FF) GUICtrlSetGraphic($SecSquare, $GUI_GR_ELLIPSE, 0, 0, 16, 16) EndFunc ;==>_drawSec Func _getXY($sec, $hypo) ; returns array with X,Y coordinates for the seconds points for $sec seconds, with $hypo(tenuse) distance from center Dim $result[2] Local $pi = 3.14159265358979 Local $degToRad = $pi / 180 Local $degrees = $sec * 6 - 90 Local $x = Cos($degrees * $degToRad) * $hypo Local $y = Sin($degrees * $degToRad) * $hypo $result[0] = $x $result[1] = $y Return $result EndFunc ;==>_getXY Func _initDigChar(ByRef $aDigChar) ; define leds for digital numbers: 1 or 0 for leds on/off in 7-led digital clock characters $aDigChar[0] = "1110111" $aDigChar[1] = "0000011" $aDigChar[2] = "0111110" $aDigChar[3] = "0011111" $aDigChar[4] = "1001011" $aDigChar[5] = "1011101" $aDigChar[6] = "1111101" $aDigChar[7] = "0010011" $aDigChar[8] = "1111111" $aDigChar[9] = "1011111" $aDigChar[10] = "1111011" ; A $aDigChar[11] = "1100100" ; L $aDigChar[12] = "0001000" ; - $aDigChar[13] = "1110100" ;C EndFunc ;==>_initDigChar Any help appreciated
      Thanks Chris
    • Inververs
      By Inververs
      Help me please with resizing of _GUICtrlComboBox_Create control
      It should resizing like native Combo with
      GUICtrlSetResizing($GUI_CMB_LIST, BitOR($GUI_DOCKRIGHT, $GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT, $GUI_DOCKTOP)) Thank you.
    • Jewtus
      By Jewtus
      I am using the following code to create a Gui and a progress bar that I can minimize:
      Global $Home = GUICreate("Intake", 1366,768, 192, 114, BitOR($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) ProgressOn("Processing...", "Backing up", "Please wait...", 0, 0, $DLG_MOVEABLE + $DLG_NOTONTOP)  
      This works, but the part that I'm trying to fix is that there is a GUI where you press the button to kick off the progress and I'm wondering if there is a way to nest the progress bar into that gui so its movable, but when I minimize the GUI, the progress window also minimized (same for if its clicked... pull both the GUI and progress window up together). Right now, I get the Gui window and no Progress window on the task bar, but when I alt+Tab i can see both. This makes it so sometimes the progress bar is pushed to the background and the GUI sits on top preventing you from seeing the progress window.

Any easy way of doing this?
    • Muzaiyan
      By Muzaiyan
      Hi all
      this is an Photoshop edited image but i want to create a window like that
      it should have an extra button for specific tasks.
      Can anyone give me a clue to create a GUI like that