Sign in to follow this  

Problems using ControlClick method in VBScript

I recently tried to use ControlClick method to send a mouse click command to a button in a application, but I noticed that it is not working when I give first parameter as a window handle (HWND). But, when I give class name or window title, it works fine. I used AutoItX3 and VBScript. 

Following are the commands I tried in VBScript:

Dim WINAPI: Set WINAPI = WScript.CreateObject("WinAPIWrapper.WINAPI")
Dim AutoItX3: Set AutoItX3 = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

Dim WindowHandle: WindowHandle = WINAPI.WinAPI_FindWindow("my window title", "my window class") 'Window handle obtains fine by my wrapper function

'Above window handle is obtained as a hexadecimal string. (I.E. - 0x00000000)

I tried it like:

WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(WindowHandle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK
WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(CLng("&h" + Replace(WindowHandle, "0x", "")), "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK
WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK
WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(0x00000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK

Only following commands work:

WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("[CLASS:my window class]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE
WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("My window title", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE

If any of your suggestions don't work, I will have to write a wrapper function myself to send mouse click commands. I chosen AutoIt V3 because it is good specially when comes to send keystrokes to applications. Please tell me why this won't work when I give window handle as first parameter.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by GTAVLover

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• jdegraff
      By jdegraff
      I'm trying to add a bit of functionality to the FastStone File Rename dialog. I can access every control that I need to except the one that contains the files to be renamed. If I do some exploring in a vbScript shell I get
      :c  = "TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass1"
      You can see that the treeview control reports having five items, which is the number displayed. If I manually select (mouse) item #3 I can see the result by
      But I do not know how to get the text for the selected item. If "#3" is the item reference then I should be able to
      if I go strictly by the help file, but it returns nothing.
      So it appears that item 3 exists, but
      does not have any text???
      and it also appears item 9 exists (it does not)
      causes the first item to be selected, as does
      Here is the output from the Window Info tool
      >>>> Window <<<<
      Title:  Batch Image Convert / Rename
      Class:  TBatchConvert
      Position:   501, 83
      Size:   760, 520
      Style:  0x16CD0000
      ExStyle:    0x00010100
      Handle: 0x0000000001950796
      >>>> Control <<<<
      Class:  TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass
      Instance:   1
      ClassnameNN:    TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass1
      Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass; INSTANCE:1]
      ID: 37030040
      Position:   354, 79
      Size:   378, 188
      ControlClick Coords:    108, 86
      Style:  0x54010039
      ExStyle:    0x00000200
      Handle: 0x0000000002350898
      >>>> Mouse <<<<
      Position:   970, 279
      Cursor ID:  0
      Color:  0xE1E1E1
      >>>> StatusBar <<<<
      >>>> ToolsBar <<<<
      >>>> Visible Text <<<<
      Batch Rename
      Images + Videos (*.jpg;*.jpe;*.jpeg;*.bmp;*.gif;*.tif;*.tiff;*.cur;*.ico;*.png;*.pcx;*.jp2;*.j2k;*.tga;*.ppm;*.wmf;*.psd;*.crw;*.nef;*.cr2;*.orf;*.raf;*.dng;*.mrw;*.pef;*.srf;*.arw;*.rw2;*.x3f;*.sr2;*.srw;*.nrw;*.rwl;*.eps;*.avi;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.wmv;*.mov;*.mp4;*.mts;*.mkv;*.m4v)
      Search and Replace
      Use Filename Template
      No Sort
      Add All
      No Change

• vyperhand
      By vyperhand
      I'm struggling to launch a VBS file via autoit using RunWait.  Due to the nature of the deployment tool I am using for said script, I only know that the .vbs files will be in the same directory as my AutoIt-generated .exe, but not what that path will be.  The path will look something like this:
      This is generated during deployment and I have no way of predicting the path - therefore, I am not sure how to call back to "same directory" in order to successfully launch the .vbs.
      This line is as close as I have gotten - this fires off the cmd window, but it closes immediately with out information, and the .vbs is not launched.
      RunWait (@ComSpec & " /c" & 'cscript.exe WORKPLEASE.vbs ALL /Q /NoCancel') I thought /c might be the problem, but leaving out the /c element causes me not to even see the momentary CMD window flash by.  Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
    • PauloRodrigues
      By PauloRodrigues
      I need to select an item from a SAP combobox, could anyone help me or did something like that? I tried to use some AutoIt functions but without success.
      When i try to identify the combobox with au3Info, this is the return:

Could anyone help me with this challange?
    • ur
      By ur
      I am maintaining all the reusable code in a separate file as library.au3.
      In that file I have referenced some dependent files using fileinstall, so that they will be extracted when necessary.
      Problem is, if I use a function in the library.au3 in another script which doesn't require this dependent file, as I am including the whole file using include tag, it is embedding that file also.
      Is there any way to exclude that.
    • lattey
      By lattey
      i have a vbscript that called an autoit exe file and autoit exe file will return value to vbscript.
      vbscriptto call the exe and create array:
      Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") objShell.Run ( "C:\Datalog\test.exe") Dim intCtr: intCtr=-1 Dim tempArr() Set UID = CreateObject("System.Collections.ArrayList") CurLot = "" For Each filelog in FileList LogFile = Split(filelog, "~")(1) Set otf = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\Datalog\" & LogFile, 1) intCtr=intCtr+1 sFile = Split(LogFile, "_") CurStep = sFile(4) Redim preserve tempArr(intCtr) tempArr(intCtr)=CurStep next autoit:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $Count = 10 Global $CheckBox[$Count] global $array1[1] $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500) Global $array_Pstep[10] = ["P1", "A2", "A3", "A4", "A5", "A6", "A7", "A8", "A9", "A10"] $Spacing = 24 For $i = 0 To UBound($array_Pstep) - 1 $CheckBox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($array_Pstep[$i], 80, $Spacing + (20 * $i), 65, 17) Next $submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("submit",10, 300, 80, 30) GUISetState() While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $Msg case $submit _ArrayDisplay($array1) Case Else For $i = 0 To $Count - 1 If $CheckBox[$i] = $Msg Then MsgBox("", "Pressed", $i) _ArrayAdd($array1, $array_Pstep[$i]) ExitLoop EndIf Next EndSwitch WEnd i need to compare the array in vbscript and array return by autoit. but i dont know how to pass the value of array in autoit to vbscript. Please help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.