9252Survive

Script messages in Tray

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello Guys, 

Is there a way to have Auto it Exe messages/line number when you hover over the tray icon just at it shows when you run Au3.?
For an example, if I the script has paused due to WinWait or Sleep I could hover over the icon and it shows the line where it's at. Is there a way to achieve the same with the compiled exe? 

Many thanks for the help! 

#2 ·  Posted

@9252Survive look at TrayIconDebug under Opt in the help file. This should accomplish what you're after.

1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted

Oh Yes!! Now I recall it, that should do the job!  

Thanks

#4 ·  Posted

Sorry its not working with the compiled exe, works with the scipt only. 

#5 ·  Posted

You debug a script, you don't compile it until the debugging produces a working script.

1 person likes this

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#6 ·  Posted

sorry for hijacking another's post, but IS there a way to produce a similar function on a compiled exe. for the sake of curiosity?

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

#7 ·  Posted

@alienclone you would have to create something like Melba's Toast to do that. But it begs the same point BrewManNH posed above - you should not be debugging through an executable. For an EXE you should be writing to a log file or the Event Viewer to track success/failure of certain steps; the debugging comes well before that phase.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!