Hello Guys, 

Is there a way to have Auto it Exe messages/line number when you hover over the tray icon just at it shows when you run Au3.?
For an example, if I the script has paused due to WinWait or Sleep I could hover over the icon and it shows the line where it's at. Is there a way to achieve the same with the compiled exe? 

Many thanks for the help! 

You debug a script, you don't compile it until the debugging produces a working script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

sorry for hijacking another's post, but IS there a way to produce a similar function on a compiled exe. for the sake of curiosity?

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

@alienclone you would have to create something like Melba's Toast to do that. But it begs the same point BrewManNH posed above - you should not be debugging through an executable. For an EXE you should be writing to a log file or the Event Viewer to track success/failure of certain steps; the debugging comes well before that phase.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc  

• By Skeletor
      Hey All,
      Yes, this is an odd request. 
      But is there a way to bulk up the size of the compiled program? 
      I know many want to reduce it's size, but I want to increase it.
      What methods do you suggest?
    • By argumentum
      So I'm coding in win 10, ..every thing looks nice but then I think, what about XP, ...ugly, but I make it pretty again, no problem. Lets check in Win 7 and here is my conundrum.
      Win 10, DRM is on, XP is off ( well, non-existant ), so far so good. I decide to make it the "switch" to enable or disable the checkbox in the context menu.
      Win 7 ... I try to apply the same logic and:
      DRM on:

DRM off:

now, "Windows 7 Basic": DRM is off

Question: how should I determine if to hide the check-mark or not?, Is there a way to know that this theme is ? or better yet, how can I know that the theme is classic ?
      Thanks
      PS: I know that the code is not here but I think that my trend of thought would make it irrelevant anyway.

• By dimm
      Is it possible to compile script without any icon resources included?
      When I make exe it uses default system icon of current OS even if I compile as console application.
      On other versions of Windows it looks a little strange

Update:
      It seems that the only way is remove icons from exe after compilation using resource editors like ResHacker.

another bad solution:
      Using corrupted 35 bytes icon file. Windows can't load it and shows default system icon.
      #pragma compile(Icon, broken.ico) broken.ico