You Don't Have Permission To Save In This Location

Hoth2001

I installed AutoIt to my computer 3 days ago...and have invested the last 3 days learning how to use it.

As learned in the tutorials, whenever opening I new file in Scite editor I'd immediatley save the file

I left the Scite Editor open for the past 3 consecutive days on my laptop

No problem

Today I closed Autoit for the first time, restarted my computer, and opened up the Scite Editor

Now whenever I try to save a file I am prevented from doing so because I apparently don't have permission!?  

And whenever I try to run any of the programs I've created over the past 3 days now I keep getting annoying popup notifications before I run them

Problem

To go around the issue, I copied a program originally saved in the AUtoIt folder to another folder (since I was barred from saving it in it's original AutoIt location)

NOw when I run the code the mouse coordiantes are all off

and I still get that pesky notification whenever I try to run a program

Big Problem!!!

Anyone have any clue why I'm going through this BS?

1. I checked my User settings and YES I am the administrator on this cpu

2. I tried to de-select the "read only" attribute for the AutoIt folder (everytime after doing this successfully the folder immediately and automatically reverts back to "read only")

Any help would be MOST appreciated. I've attached screen shots of the annoying bus I keep getting

RunProgramBug.png

SaveBug.png

• Moderators

This "bs" is standard Windows User Account Control; it has nothing to do with AutoIt. You are going to get that pop up whenever you try to save to the install directory for AutoIt (same as any other installed application). Best practice would be to create a folder somewhere on your hard drive (My Docs, Desktop, etc.) and use this as a repository for all of your scripts. That way, when you upgrade or reinstall AutoIt, you won't lose anything.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Unless I am misunderstanding you, I would be very surprised if this was working for you before. Your screenshot shows you are trying to save to the SciTE folder in the AutoIt install directory. This is protected by default and this is expected Windows behavior. Try saving to any other application's installation directory under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) and you should encounter the exact same popup.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

This can only have worked before when you shelled SciTE with Administrator rights, else you will not be able to save the file in the program files(x86) directory.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)