VAN0

[SOLVED] Delay script exit when system restarts?

VAN0

Hello.

I have a program XX that asks for user confirmation on exit, which hangs the system reboot/shutdown process until I confirm. So I decided create a autoit script that would automatically close that dialog and let the system reboot/shutdown.

The problem I'm facing is that my scripts now exits before the XX.

Is there a way delay script exit until the XX is closed but only when system is rebooting/shutting down?

Thank you.

Edited by VAN0

IanN1990

Is this what you are after?

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $g_hForm = GUICreate('Test ' & StringReplace(@ScriptName, '.au3', '()'), 200, 200)
Local $idButton = GUICtrlCreateButton('', 73, 62, 54, 54, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 45)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, 'Log off ' & @UserName)
Local $idCheck = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox('Block Windows shutdown', 10, 173, 144, 21)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_QUERYENDSESSION, 'WM_QUERYENDSESSION')
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; Set the highest shutdown priority for the current process to prevent closure the other processes.
_WinAPI_SetProcessShutdownParameters(0x03FF)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $idButton
            Shutdown(0)
        Case $idCheck
            If GUICtrlRead($idCheck) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                _WinAPI_ShutdownBlockReasonCreate($g_hForm, 'This application is blocking system shutdown because the saving critical data is in progress.')
            Else
                _WinAPI_ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy($g_hForm)
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_QUERYENDSESSION($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam

Switch $hWnd
        Case $g_hForm
            If _WinAPI_ShutdownBlockReasonQuery($g_hForm) Then
                ;Run your code here
                Return 0
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_QUERYENDSESSION

Edited by IanN1990

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• CodingMonkey81
      By CodingMonkey81
      All,
      I'm working on automating the update process for a piece of software that we use at my company. The installer file always contains the version number as a part of the file name (eg InstallFile_9342.msi) and the numbers always change with every update.
      How do I use AutoIt to run the program? I know I can't use a wildcard in place of the numbers when using the "Run" command. 
      I tried 
      Local $aArray = _FileListToArray("C:\path\to\file", "InstallFile_*.msi", 0, 1) Run("$aArray") and I also tried
      Local $bInstall = FileFindFirstFile("InstallFile_*.msi") Run("$bInstall") and neither worked. 
      Can someone please point me in the right direction? I've done some searching on the forum and haven't found anyone in a similar situation before.
      Thanks!
    • RHolmes
      By RHolmes
      I have a program that has a control that changes color a few seconds into running. So ideally, I would poll this to tell when an event has occurred. 
      I can't seem to retrieve the correct color value for a control. It always seems to return white indicating that its selecting somewhere else in the window.
      In the PixelGetColor call I'm adding half the width to the x value and subtracting half the height to the y value  in order to get the center of the control. (assuming the coords returned by ControlGetPos are top left - which i can't be sure of) But I've also tried without modifying the x/y and with changing the PixelCoordMode option to 2. Maybe I'm making a silly mistake and can't see it? Any help would be appreciated.
      Code is below:
      Opt("PixelCoordMode", 0)
      FileChangeDir( "C:\Where\My\File\Is" );
      Run( "MyProgram.exe" )
      Local $hClient = WinWaitActive( $CLIENT_TITLE, "", 10 )
      Local $systemIndicatorClassNN= "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:99]"
      Local $hSystemIndicator = ControlGetHandle ( $hClient, "", $systemIndicatorClassNN)
      Local $xywh = ControlGetPos ( $hClient, "", $hSystemIndicator )
      For $i = 10 To 1 Step -1
            $color = PixelGetColor ( $xywh[0] + ($xywh[2]/2), $xywh[1] - ($xywh[3]/2), $hClient )
            LogToFile( $color )
            Sleep( 2000 )
      Next
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi, I created a gui with date field but formatted as time in HH:mm. It always shows "now-time". Even if I try to set it with GUICtrlSetData.
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 20, 20, 100, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm" ; Just display hours and minutes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($idDate, "00:00") ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example How can I set the time field with another time and how can this field be set blank?
      Regards, Conrad
    • hunte922
      By hunte922
      Edit: The solution! Maybe?

I need to download an image from a website using AutoIt but the download, when viewed in a text editor, does not appear to be the same as if I had downloaded it from a web browser.
      Could anyone help me figure out why this is happening?
      I've already tried _INetGetSource, InetGet, _IENavigate, wget, this, and a few .bat and .vbs scripts.

Example Code:
      #include <Inet.au3> Local $source = _INetGetSource("http://c0.rbxcdn.com/0db36a45eae4838667ae9a46ba0c082a") Local $newfile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\test.txt", 2) FileWrite($newfile, $source) FileClose($newfile) Image URL: http://c0.rbxcdn.com/0db36a45eae4838667ae9a46ba0c082a
      Screenshot attached.

• TommyDDR
      By TommyDDR
      Hi,
      I have to set a resizing mode to differents controls in a hidden gui, that gui is initialised (hidden) and resized by a WinMove.
      But when i show it, control are not resized where thez should.
      There is a simple code that reproduce the problem.
      Same gui, same content, one displayed then moved, the other moved then displayed :
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global $gui[2] Global $labels[2] Global $taille[2] = [200, 100] For $i = 0 To UBound($gui, 1) - 1 $gui[$i] = GUICreate($i, $taille[0], $taille[1], $i * ($taille[0]+100) + 500, (@DesktopHeight-$taille[1])/2) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "quit", $gui) $labels[$i] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Test resizing...", $taille[0]-105, $taille[1]-25, 100, 20) GUICtrlSetBkColor($labels[$i], 0xE0E0E0) GUICtrlSetResizing($labels[$i], BitOR($GUI_DOCKRIGHT, $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM, $GUI_DOCKWIDTH, $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)) Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui[0]) For $i = 0 To UBound($gui, 1) - 1 WinMove($gui[$i], "", Default, Default, $taille[0]+100, $taille[1]+100) Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui[1]) While(True) Sleep(10) WEnd Func quit() Exit EndFunc Is that a bug or do miss i something ?
      EDIT : This bug disapear if gui is shown at lease one time (even if hide then)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.