Send and ControlSend not working?

lganta

Hello!

I created some scripts for a simple farming bot a few years ago and they rely on ControlSend.

A year ago I quit that game and then installed Windows 10 (was using windows 7).

Recently I installed that game and tried running them again and they seem to work (I have some messages displayed on the screen with the state of the bot ), except for the ControlSend part (which obviously is crucial).

I started debugging the scripts so I created a basic script that makes use of Send. I tested this with Notepad in focus and works just fine and then with my game window in focus and it didn't work (it's supposed to write that text in an input box from the game).

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Sleep(3000);
Send("some text");
MsgBox($MB_OK, "Notification", "Control was sent!");

Is there a way for the creators of the game to create some kind of security system against this? Or something happens because I updated to Windows 10?

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the DEV forum very  clearly  states:

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use AutoIt General Help and Support

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers
33 minutes ago, lganta said:

Recently I installed that game and tried running them again and they seem to work (I have some messages displayed on the screen with the state of the bot ), except for the ControlSend part (which obviously is crucial).

On top of that you need to read our forum rules as this seems to be Game automation related.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic