Sign in to follow this  
Shirdish_chakravarthi

How to get value from the active window?

Shirdish_chakravarthi

Hello Friends i am new to autoit and i am stuck in middle of automation of flashing tool..

my requirement is i have a window and i have to get the value present in that window (below is the picture)

instance.PNG

in the above window i need to get the value of the highlighted field.the value of this filed keeps on changing...ii need to get the current value present in the field..below are the details of the window and field..

info.PNG

CAN it be done?

thanks

instance.PNG

Shirdish_chakravarthi

Hello Friends i am new to autoit and i am stuck in middle of automation of flashing tool..

my requirement is i have a window and i have to get the value present in that window (below is the picture)

instance.PNG

in the above window i need to get the value of the highlighted field.the value of this filed keeps on changing...ii need to get the current value present in the field..below are the details of the window and field..

info.PNG

CAN it be done?

thanks

JLogan3o13

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Technical Discussion forum very clearly states:

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Edit: Also merged duplicate threads. Please stick to one post in the future.

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone

I was playing a little bit with "Screen Capture" UDF, and I was trying to make a "Window" capture, but, since I made a GUI which through I fire the event "Capture", my GUI is captured as well, and I don't want to
      This is the line of code that makes the capture:

_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($strScreenCaptureFileName, $objActiveWindow, 0, 0, -1, -1, False) And these are the lines of code which select the "active" window:

Local $objCurrentWindow = 9999 If _IsPressed("01") Then $objCurrentWindow = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") If $objCurrentWindow <> $objMyGUI Then $objActiveWindow = $objCurrentWindow EndIf EndIf Sorry If I made stupid mistakes
      Thanks in advance.

Francesco
    • vin1
      By vin1
      i need a script that can replace words in text with other words from a words list
      it has to have 2 edit boxes input/output and a button "run"
      from word_list.txt it choses which word to replace with. words are separated with commas for multiple choice

; AutoIt GUI Example ; Created: 17/01/2005 - CyberSlug ; Modifed: 05/12/2011 - guinness ; Modifed: 09/06/2014 - mLipok #Region INCLUDE #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #EndRegion INCLUDE #Region GUI GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 420) GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0) #EndRegion GUI #Region EDIT GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 10, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT #Region EDIT2 GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 185, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT2 #Region BUTTON GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 360, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON') #EndRegion BUTTON #Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() #EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP  
    • therks
      By therks
      So I'm needing a (better) way to get the selection in an edit control, while knowing which end of the selection is active vs anchor (ie, if you're holding shift while moving with the arrow keys, which end of the selection is moving and which is not). Since _GUICtrlEdit_GetSel() only returns the start and end positions, in the order of smallest to largest, if you were to pass that back to the _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel(), the user's selection could end up "backwards".
      My solution has been this function:
      Func _GUICtrlEdit_GetSelByAnchor($hWnd) ; Get selection range with anchor in first index If Not IsHWnd($hWnd) Then $hWnd = GUICtrlGetHandle($hWnd) Local $aActive, $aSelection = _GUICtrlEdit_GetSel($hWnd) ; Get base selection If $aSelection[0] <> $aSelection[1] Then ; Only proceed if actual selection range _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hWnd, -1, 0) ; Deselect, leaving only the active point $aActive = _GUICtrlEdit_GetSel($hWnd) ; Record the active point If $aActive[0] = $aSelection[0] Then ; If the active point is equal to the original first index ; Swap the original selection points (putting the anchor in [0] and active in [1]) $aSelection[0] = $aSelection[1] $aSelection[1] = $aActive[0] EndIf _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hWnd, $aSelection[0], $aSelection[1]) ; Reset selection to the original points EndIf Return $aSelection EndFunc The problem with this, as you may have already guessed from the two SetSel calls, is that calling it in a tight loop causes a lot of flickering. Is there a better, more reliable way to do what I'm looking for?
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • AdamUL
      By AdamUL
      Here is a function that will return a 2D array of visible windows.  You will notice that windows "Start" and "Program Manager"  windows will always be in the array.  The array returns the title of the window, the window handle, the PID of the process associated with the window, the process name associated with the window, the window's position, and the window's dimension,  Please see comments in the code about the numbers returned about the window's position.

#include <Array.au3> #include <Process.au3> ;Get a list of visable windows with titles. $aWindows = _GetVisibleWindows() _ArrayDisplay($aWindows) Func _GetVisibleWindows() ;Retrieve a list of windows. Local $aWinList = WinList() If Not IsArray($aWinList) Then Return SetError(0, 0, 0) ;Loop through the array deleting no title or invisable windows. Local $sDeleteRows = "" For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If $aWinList[$i][0] = "" Or Not BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_VISIBLE) Then $sDeleteRows &= $i & ";" EndIf Next $sDeleteRows = StringTrimRight($sDeleteRows, 1) ;Remove last ";". _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $sDeleteRows) $aWinList[0][0] = UBound($aWinList) - 1 ;Get Window's Processor ID (PID), and add to the array. _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinList[$i][2] = WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1]) Next ;Get Window's Process Name from PID, and add to the array. _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinList[$i][3] = _ProcessGetName($aWinList[$i][2]) Next ;Get Windows's Position and Size, and add it to the array. ;For Position, -3200,-3200 is minimized window, -8,-8 is maximized window on 1st display, and ;x,-8 is maximized windown on the nth display were x is the nth display width plus -8 (W + -8). _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) ;Position (X,Y). _ArrayColInsert($aWinList, UBound($aWinList, 2)) ;Dimension (WxH). Local $aWinPosSize For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] $aWinPosSize = WinGetPos($aWinList[$i][1]) $aWinList[$i][4] = $aWinPosSize[0] & "," & $aWinPosSize[1] $aWinList[$i][5] = $aWinPosSize[2] & "x" & $aWinPosSize[3] Next Return $aWinList EndFunc ;==>_GetVisibleWindows  
      Adam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.