Excel - select columns and put those together as new array

Dimmae

Hello,

at first: i'm new here, so please forgive me my mistakes, and show them to me, just that i can learn to do better in the future.

Now to my Problem: i have an excel sheet, where i just need some columns for further actions, but i have no idea how to add single columns to a new array.

I found the following code(the one i just added as a file) from 'water' in this forum, but i wont get how i could add multiple columns into a new array.

The biggest problem in my situation is that i dont know the count of the rows i need for the array, i just got a fix number of rows, which is 4.

Hope you can help me, and sry again for this 'unlucky illustration'.

btw: how can i add code shown as code here, instead of posting it as a attached file?.

autoit-select-column.au3

defects.xlsx

Edited by Dimmae
Failed with text input, just trying to get things in order

• Moderators

@Dimmae welcome to the forum. Rather than adding the columns in one at a time, you could always just used the "UsedRange" feature in Excel and grab the whole thing:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @DesktopDir & "\defects.xlsx")
Local $aRange = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oExcel.ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
    _ArrayDisplay($aRange)

_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook)
_Excel_Close($oExcel)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

ah thanks @JLogan3o13, it worked wonderfully, and that's a lot easier than i thought. I might have been too deep in my problem to see this simple solution, thanks! but i had to change the 'DesktopDir' to 'ScriptDir' or i would run  into an error.

Edited by Dimmae

6 minutes ago, Dimmae said:

ah thanks @JLogan3o13, it worked wonderfully, and that's a lot easier than i thought. I might have been too deep in my problem to see this simple solution, thanks! but i had to change the 'DesktopDir' to 'ScriptDir' or i would run  into an error.

This is because your excel file is not in the desktop dir , but somewhere else.