rkr

how to activate a run file of a software

rkr

Hi, I have a software which has a 'run file'-ie; when i double click on that file, the input file of the software is run by the software. I wish to double click/execute this run file using autoit. how do i achieve this. i opened the software and it shows the input file and run file in same folder, i will put my autoitscript file too in same location. how do i simulate double clicking the run file (using its file name, say - abc.run ). I entered the following lines to make software window active - it became active, dont know how to go forward

Winactivate("program title")

winwaitactivate("program title")

controlclick("program title","abc.run",1000,"primary",2) ; 1000 is ctrl id

JLogan3o13

@rkr dog ate your help file? Look at Run in the help file if you just need to run the application, or ShellExecute if you need to run it with parameters.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Skysnake

Or do you want to compile your script to an EXE and run that when you click on it? Anyway, answer is same as above. ^^ 

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      for a script to display PDF files I'd like to simply use the default program for PDF files, so I used "ShellExecute(<pdf-file-full-path>)" to open these files.

The result for *SOME* of the workstations is, that the Adobe Reader starts up with asking for its language. (English/German). When starting AcroRd32.exe through "ShellExecute()", this "choose your language" dialog is showing up *ALWAYS*.

Just to have mentioned it: Process Explorer is presenting this command line, it looks the same for both, PCs with and without that question "Choose Language? [English|German]"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" --channel=4680.0.860715181 --type=renderer "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf"  
      The next approach I thought of was to use Foxit Portable (instead of Acrord32.exe), started from a Network Drive, but it's starting up ugly slowly...
      So I tried to "Run()" instead to "ShellExecute()" the Adobe Reader. Now the result looks more stange, the "select your language" dialog shows up every now and then, but not always for the Win7 installations affected.

If I place a "msgbox()" just in front of the "run()" command, it seems never to show this "select your language" dialog.
      If I take out this MsgBox() the "select your language" dialog shows up sometimes.
      When I "ClipPut()" the run command prior the "Run()" and paste that one to a CMD box, then it seems to *NEVER* happen, that this "select your language" dialog shows up.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf" $AcroRead='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"' $PDF='"Y:\Temp\DRV_H\Daten\TIF\33\85\153385_Freigegeben.dwg.pdf"' MsgBox(0,"Values",$AcroRead & @CRLF & $PDF,1) $MyCommand=$AcroRead & " " & $PDF ClipPut($MyCommand) Run($MyCommand)  
      It looks like, that this "--channel=... --type=renderer" parameters are always fact for the AcroRd32.exe instance, that is opening the PDF to be displayed. The Instance opening the "PDF Display GUI" seems to always be a child process of another AcroRd32.exe process.

Any clue, what's going on "backstage" here? How to avoid this "Choose your language" dialog? Or maybe someone can mention a different "portable" PDF viewer, I could use for this purpose?  
      Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.
    • SchneiMi
      By SchneiMi
      Hello,
      following my previous question, I have moved all potentially instable object interactions into Executes. But it Looks like "="-assignments to object Attributes cannot be done with Execute, only method calls. Using an "$obj = 1" construct, it compares (Eval) instead of sets (Execute) the value.
      I have tested multiple different combinations, using Execute and Assign, but it seems not to work with object Attributes. :-(
      Gives following Output:
      The assign Action using apply (a3) Fails, while assigning it directly, without Assign() works fine.
      The execute versions compare and do not assign, in both cases. Though, the "Execute" topic in the help file says it executes, not evaluates.
      I have found a similar, old thread, which explains this behavious but does not give a solution. https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110228-pass-object-property-as-a-variable/  
      Is there a way to assign to a com object's Attribute? Or is there anything new to this unexpected behaviour of Execute (at least compared to the help file description and Python's exec).

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for all the help so far.
      Regards, Michael

• tremolux66
      By tremolux66
      Initial Problem
      I've written several scripts with the following sequence:
      Execute a program using Run w/stdout+stderr captured Typically processes all the files in one directory tree to populate a second tree Execute a second program (also with Run) to monitor the products of the first program and Display a progress bar (percentage of output files complete) Also monitor the first program's process and exit when it terminates The script then calls ProcessWaitClose (no timeout) on the first program's process and Checks the first program's results Kills the monitor program if it hasn't already exited on its own. Sometimes, ProcessWaitClose returns 1 with @error = 0 and @extended = 0xCCCCCCCC (actually, 0xFFFFFFFFCCCCCCCC), which seems ambiguous: the documentation says that @error = non-zero and @extended = 0xCC... means an invalid PID (unclear what the return value is), and 1 is returned for non-existent processes (but no mention of @extended). The 1/0/0xCC... result seems to occur when the first program exits very quickly (with or without an error). Since the exit value is not available, the script scans the program's output and tries to determine whether it ran successfully. This has gotten complicated and unreliable.
      Partial Fix
      I've now implemented a much simpler approach that works for most cases:
      Modify the monitor program so that it ignores the other program's process (the monitor always gets killed by the script anyway) Execute the monitor program first using Run, then execute the processing program with RunWait When RunWait returns, the child process exit value is available, so the script can ignore its output (which isn't available anyway) If the monitor program is still running, kill it. Remaining Issue
      However, there are still a couple of cases where it's necessary to get both the exit value from the processing program and its output. Since RunWait doesn't capture stdout and stderr for the parent script, it's looking like I'll have to call RunWait and redirect the 2 streams to a temp file and then scan it. Also, to do the redirect, I think I'll have to use @ComSpec to execute the processing program, which adds an undesired layer.
      Does anybody have a better (cleaner) way to handle these cases?
    • e45678mail
      By e45678mail
      Hi~
      I have some question about how to enable the test mode via "Run" or "shellexecute" of command,
      was to tried :
      -----
      Run("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      and
      shellexecute("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      -----
      since this command must to run through administrator competence,
      have any method can accomplish it?

• BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.
      From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.
      However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?
      Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "") msgbox(0,"",$iPid) Thank you,
      Brian