Migrate your AutoIt program to UWP (Windows 10 Universal applications) easily and without touching code.

chekok

Hello, I'm passing all my applications AutoIT to UWP easily and without problems, you do not have to rewrite code or anything like that, just pack your application AutoIT as appx with the tools of the Windows10 SDK. It's very fast and simple. You just have to install the necessary tools.
You can see all the necessary information in these Microsoft videos:
https://MVA.Microsoft.com/en-US/Training-courses/Developers-Guide-to-the-Desktop-Bridge-17373?l=agAXF2WhD_3506218965

I've already tried it and it works perfectly. It would also be valid for any written desktop application with any other programming language.

I hope you've been helpful. Autoit has a new life in WINDOWS10.

• Moderators

Funny, normally new people post in DEV section when the should be posting in General Help and Support, rather than the other way around.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The manifiest file has created automatically with all permisions, but you can modified with the correct permisions, more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/packaging/app-capability-declarations

Excuse me if I write something wrong or not understandable, but I do not speak English and I use the google traductor.

Edited by chekok

• 3 months later...

just pack your application AutoIT as appx with the tools of the Windows10 SDK

I found this thread and would like to ask:  Has anyone tried these methods other than chekok?

At first, it all sounded promising.  And the video implies "it's a piece of cake".  But pages like this one give pause: UWP link

It appears to be a sprawling and encompassing software packaging technology. (But how to proceed with a compiled EXE?  Indeed, can one start with a compiled EXE?)

Just the list of restrictions is intimidating: restricted operations

But the one that (apparently) rules this out, for me, is:

Avoid starting command utilities such as PowerShell and Cmd.exe. In fact, if users install your app onto a system that runs the Windows 10 S, then your app won’t be able to start them at all. This could block your app from submission to the Microsoft Store because all apps submitted to the Microsoft Store must be compatible with Windows 10 S.

My EXEs commonly include ShellExecute and Run statements.  Yet, before I abandon UWP as a possibility, I'd like to hear from anyone who's looked into this from the AutoIt point of view.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Your app always runs with elevated security privileges.
    RIP anything with #RequireAdmin

• Your app writes to the install directory for your app
    RIP anything written with a "portable" option

• Your app uses the Current Working Directory
    RIP anything with @WorkingDir

• Your app uses a dependency in the System32/SysWOW64 folder
    Uhhhh? DLLs?

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF