Docfxit

How to use Send cmd with Graphical Debugger

Docfxit

I would like to know if there is a way to make the send cmd send characters when using

Graphical AutoIt Debugger By Stumpii,

If Not WinActive("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install") Then WinActivate("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install")
WinWaitActive("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install")
Send("{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}")   ;Finish

The debugger when using step mode will execute the Send cmd line but the window doesn't receive the input.

Thanks,

Docfxit

AutoBert
  • Try without debugger, seems a debug-window gets active after WinwaitActive.
  • Use Controlsend.

Docfxit

After WinwaitActive the debugger becomes the active window.  I need some way of going back to the last window to become active before the send.

Thanks,

Docfixt

jdelaney

Winactivate...but then the debugger will become active again.   fix your code not to use send.   use controlsettext

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

AdamUL

Have you tried using the silent install switches for installing UltraVNC with the Run or RunWait function?  

;Install file must be in the script directory.  
Global $sCmd = "Setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART"
Global $iReturn = RunWait($sCmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
If $iReturn <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Error Installing UltraVNC." & @CRLF)

Adam

BrewManNH

Just curious, why would you want to automate a debugger? The point of the debugger is to show you errors, or how the process runs, automating it defeats its only purpose.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• valdemar1977
      By valdemar1977
      Dbug is graphical debugger for AutoIt.
      Project started by @Heron in 2009 and now supported by @asdf8 and @valdemar1977.
      Features
      Debug the complete script or just parts of it Display run status (line number of currently executed function) GUI default always-on-top in the upper right corner for comfortable debugging WM_NOTIFY and WM_COMMAND hook to prevent interference with possible message handlers Display scope, type and value of variables, expressions, macro's and constants (global AND function local) Execute commands in an immediate window. Can be expressions, functions and assignments Detailed display of array, struct and object variables Dynamic display of variable value in the source code (under cursor) Array table viewer with ability to view the sub-arrays, the correct handling of macro @Error, @Extended and other changes OEM and ANSI console output Conditional breakpoints Saving settings and debugging state and much more... How to use
      Extract from downloaded archive _Dbug.au3 to your Autoit include dir Add #include <_Dbug.au3> in to your code and run code Before compile or buid comment or remove #include <_Dbug.au3> from your code
    • ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      The FAQ proposed as a solution to keys getting stuck  to do this command
      ControlSend("", "", "", "text", 0) However this sends "text" to the last active control if I am not mistaken.I have tried this with
      controlsend("", "", "", "{altup}{shiftup}{ctrlup}", 0) This is already a lot better but still fails 1/10
      I cannot allow the script to send "text" to the last active control, and its a bit silly to let it send to somewhere where its harmless no?
      Are there any other methods of unstucking keys?
    • Fortitude
      By Fortitude
      Hello!
      I have made a program, that opens a folder, and then store the path ("C:\programFiles\etc") in a variable.
      Then i need to open the command panel as administrator, and write  in the stored path, and some other text.

Can i somehow instantly copypaste the text i needed, instead of writing in the command panel with the Send commands?

#RequireAdmin #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global Const $sMessage = "Select a folder" ; Display an open dialog to select a file. Global $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, "") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Nem választottál ki mappát!") Exit EndIf Global $Tiff_path = $sFileSelectFolder & "\TiffChecker_2_32" FileCopy( "C:\TiffChecker_2_32.exe" , $sFileSelectFolder) $CMD = $Tiff_path & " " & $sFileSelectFolder & " /s/d" Run("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") Send($CMD) Sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(1000) MsgBox(0,"Press OK", "Press OK to continue") FileCopy("C:\Tiffchecker.txt", $sFileSelectFolder) Also, how do i close the command panel, when the program is finished? (usually its under 1 second, so after the send i just put a Sleep function there)
    • PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,
      I'm trying to send SHIFTDOWN, to keep the Shift key pressed until I close the program or releases the key.
      Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is down. Type something: ") $ret = Msgbox(0,"", "Press and release shift key manually and select [Ok] to continue") $text = InputBox("Shift key up", "Shift key is released manually, now type something: ") Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down Agin", "Shift key is pressed again, now type something: ") In the above program sequence,
      1. Send SHIFTDOWN from program, Works as we type in the text are in Capital letters
      2. Manually presses and releases the SHIFT button. SHIFT key is released as when we type, text is in small letters only.
      3. Again send SHIFTDOWN from program, but not working. When we type the letters are in small letters.

If we send a SHIFTUP  before  sending the SHIFTDOWN again, then it is working correctly and the text appears in capital letters only. Can any one explain why this happens?
      Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is down. Type something: ") $ret = Msgbox(0,"", "Press and release shift key and select [Ok] to continue") $text = InputBox("Shift key up", "Shift key is released manually, now type something: ") Send ( "{SHIFTUP}") sleep(100) Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is pressed, now type something: ")  
      Thank you.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      cDebug.au3 includes four main debugging UDFs: _GuiDebug(), _ConsDebug(), _ClipDebug() and _FormatValsForDebug(). They all dump the values of all AutoIt subtypes and expressions, in a structured manner, including nested arrays (up to 3 dimensions) and slices of them, and even DLL structs and maps. It is an alternative to a graphical debugger, offering GUI output.
      The format for calling the UDFs has been designed to make coding a call as convenient and fast as possible, minimizing coding effort and the chances of errors: the $name argument is often the same as the variables arguments, enclosed in quote marks.
      For DLL structures, if you specify a tag, cDebug checks for differences between it and what it detects. If you only specify a structure variable, it can report the structure it detects, with the values of elements.
      It does much more than MsgBox(), ConsoleWrite() and _ArrayDisplay(), in a definitely user-friendly manner, and does its best to avoid hiding your code in SciTE.
      #include cDebug no maps.au3 or cDebug.au3 at the top of your script. If you #include cDebug.au3 (the version with maps)  #include #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B before #include cDebug.au3
      It is fully documented in cDebug.pdf   .  During debugging and development of new features, the current version is used to debug the upcoming version, so there is much testing, even so  bugs are always possible, particularly in new features, such as reporting elements of maps whose keys match a regular expression. Bug reports and suggestions are welcome.
      These UDFs have been in regular use for some years.
      Because when cDebug was developed, maps were a use at your own risk feature, there are two streams of cDebug:
      cDebug.au3 reports maps, so to use it you must be running a version of AutoIt that supports maps, e.g. 3.3.15.0, and #include cDebug.au3 cDebug no maps.au3 does not report maps, so you can be running any recent version of AutoIt, e.g. 3.3.14.5, and #include cDebug no maps.au3 The only difference between the two streams is that map-reporting code is commented out in cDebug no maps.au3 .
      A teaser
      This script:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B ; beta 3.3.15.0 or greater is mandatory for cDebug.au3 #include "cDebug.au3" Local $seasons[] $seasons.summer = 'May to September' $seasons.spring = 'April' $seasons.fall = 'October to November' $seasons.winter = 'December to March' Local $aCats[3][3] = [['jack','black',3],['suki','grey',4],[$seasons,'','']] Local $i = 1 Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate('uint') DllStructSetData($tStruct,1,2018) _GuiDebug('At line '&@ScriptLineNumber,'$cats,jack is,$cats[..][$i],$i,hex,structure{uint}', _ $aCats,$aCats[0][2],$aCats,$i,Hex(-$i),$tstruct) produces:

Edit history
      See documentation PDF
      Acknowledgements
      Melba23, Kafu, ProgAndy, jchd