I have now added a 4th program to the mix, and decided to place all under the banner of a suite - KindEbook Suite.
I believe it will be better served by having its own topic, rather than attempt to edit the first few posts in the old one - KindEbook Wishlist.
It is also a chance to de-clutter and make some improvements.
Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
ConvertEbook (now replaced by Batch Ebook Convert if you wish)
Batch Ebook Convert (new)
CalibBrowser - Multi-faceted viewer for calibre (while kind of complimentary, not part of the suite proper, not a step to apply)
Batch Create & Run
RECOMMENDED 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS & RESOURCES
calibre - Integral to the last two of my complimentary programs, and an important element of the first one. Basically an ebook database & conversion program, but also offers plenty more, especially adding ebooks to or removing ebooks from your reading device. Wikipedia
Sigil - A wonderful open source ebook editor & creator. Great for fixing issues with EPUB files, especially after converting from another format. Wikipedia
MobileRead Forums - Excellent resource for all things ebook.
BookBub - Great advisory source for ebooks, that lets you know via email about great bargains at Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks. I still use KindEbook Wishlist with anything I obtain at Amazon via BookBub links, but usually just for a purchase record ... essentially I ADD (mostly freebies) and then immediately RELOCATE to my bought (b) user. A BIG Thanks to @willichan who told me many months ago, about BookBub.
Usage Of My Programs
To help others to understand about these programs and how to use them for the best benefit, I thought it best to outline how I use them, usually each and every day.
Quick Summary Of Usage (in order of use)
1. KindEbook Wishlist - Amazon Kindle Wishlist, Price Checker, History of Changes, Record of Purchases.
2. Bucket-for-URLs - Assistant to KindEbook Wishlist with new ebook discoveries, if a lot of them. When BookBub freebies lead to many others at Amazon.
3. AZWPlug - Add Kindle purchases to a database and to calibre, plus get right-click detail of selected ebook file (once added to database).
4. UpdateFromOPF - Make changes or corrections to the Metadata (OPF) file in calibre.
5. Batch Ebook Convert - Convert existing ebook (usually AZW3, sometimes MOBI) to EPUB and if missing, MOBI.
6. TeraCopy Timer - Make backups locally (outside of calibre library), and to thumbstick for transfer to another PC etc.
7. Batch Create & Run - Make passworded and zipped backups to Google Drive (locally).
8. Add Book & All Formats To Calibre - Add one backup copy of each ebook (all formats) to calibre on another PC.
Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
Batch Ebook Convert
I am having some difficulty in achieving a very simple task here. I have gone through the forums and tried some examples and UDFs but I can't seem to work it out. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
Currently, I am logging the required feedback from the script into a log file in a simple way ... get the info in the var >> write it in the file
But now I am in need to perform some analysis and need some of the values to go into an MSSQL table in the attached format
Also, I need to be able to use Integrated Security" or "Trusted_Connection set as true or use the logged in windows credentials to connect to the server/database
any help will be much appreciated!!!
I have created this function for a database, but I can not make it work. I always have two error messages: "not an error" ... and the file created, in the script directory, does not contain anything.
Global $sDBName = "Hen.db" Func DatabaseTable() Local $sConnDB _SQLite_Startup() If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "SQLite.dll Can't be Loaded!") Exit -1 EndIf $sConnDB = _SQLite_Open($sDBName) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "Can't Load Database!") Exit -1 EndIf If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'CREATE TABLE Animal ("Name", "Age");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'INSERT INTO Animale VALUES ("Charlie","5");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) _SQLite_Close($sConnDB) _SQLite_Shutdown() EndFunc