Control Click not working

I have an uinstall that i have to do via add / remove programs. The install will not work any other way. If i just run add remove programs I have to hit a next prompt and then apply and then a finish or close. I do not have UAC on .

I can hit the first next button but the apply button will not click. Not sure what is going on. Here are the controls for it. Then i will show the script. I will be more than happy to send install program if someone can figure it out.

controls

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  RightFax Product Suite Setup
Class:  WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.fcf9a4
Position:   254, 160
Size:   516, 407
Style:  0x16C20000
ExStyle:    0x00050101
Handle: 0x001803C0

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.fcf9a4
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.fcf9a42
Name:   buttonNext
Advanced (Class):   [NAME:buttonNext]
ID: 1377286
Text:   &Apply
Position:   418, 348
Size:   83, 23
ControlClick Coords:    40, 20
Style:  0x5601000B

Then here is the code that works for the next button. The apply does not work. I even put a sleep in and just a send enter button. I am on windows 7 . I have been working on this for days and never had this issue before. If you need the install files I can send. I can not use any ID because it changes per machine and install.

What am I missing ?

Run("C:\Windows\System32\control.exe appwiz.cpl")
WinWait("Programs and Features")
WinActivate("Programs and Features")
Send("RightFax Product Suite - Client")
Send("{Enter}")
Sleep(15)

WinWaitActive("RightFax Product Suite Setup")

ControlClick("RightFax Product Suite Setup", "&Next >", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.fcf9a4; INSTANCE:4]")

;WinWait("RightFax Product Suite Setup")

ControlClick("RightFax Product Suite Setup", "&Apply", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.fcf9a4; INSTANCE:2]")
;Sleep(15)
Send("{Enter}")

Edited by mmoore5553

• Moderators

Not sure why you say it won't work any other way. RightFAX include a silent uninstall string in the registry; I have repackaged, installed, upgraded and uninstalled the product numerous times. Why try automating the GUI when you can uninstall silently?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

We tried to uninistall it with the uninstall string and it does not work. Not sure why . We have it installed on 4000 machines. If i run the uninstall in programs and features it uninstalls fine.

We are upgrading from a real old version 10,0 to the new version 16. They said we have to uninstall the old version completely.  I know we have UAC on but we use pdq deploy to run the script.

I use the /remove and /remove /unattended = true

Rightfax support says they do not know why it is happening. If i do it via the msi it says I have to use the setup.exe.

I wish i knew why it would not uninstall.

I did disable UAC via registry but would love to get it uninstalled with it on. I have to do a reboot to turn UAC off.

Edited by mmoore5553

Jlogan

You can close this request or delete it. I figure out what was going on.  It was because the install was done from an old server. I had to change some registry entries and the remove commands worked.

I probably would not have taken a second look until you said you never had issues.