ademon

SciTE Script Editor Portable

ademon

Hi. I can open the editor with out problems but I can not compile because it is placed on another partition diferent from C.

Can you provide an update of this bug?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by ademon
pic2

Jos

... and why do I need to provide an update or do you consider this to be a bug?
Just adhere to the appropriate directory tree and things should work fine.

Jos

(PS: No need to PM me to get attention, I'll get to it when I get to it. ;) )

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ademon
11 minutes ago, Jos said:

Just adhere to the appropriate directory tree and things should work fine.

Thanks for answer me. I do not understand, do you mean the directory tree where I have placed the editor?

Capture3.JPG

Edited by ademon
tree

Jos

The way SciTE is configured in au3.properties is that it requires AutoIt3.exe in the parent directory.. so ...\autoit\scite\...
If you want that differently you need  to adapt the au3.properties to reflect that.

... else use the installer and all will work. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ademon

I have edited the file but it does not work. I can not use the installer in this machine because I have no admin rights ...

Well thank you for your attention

Capture4.JPG

ademon

I have solved it!

To edit, compile, etc I am using the "X:\Descargas\AutoIt\autoit-v3\install\SciTe\SciTE.exe" and NOT the X:\Descargas\AutoIt\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\SciTE.exe

Edited by ademon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• timmy2
      By timmy2
      I've noticed in several YouTube tutorials about AutoIt that every time the instructor types EndFunc a comment "<==(function name)" is automatically added. I understand that Tidy will do this after the fact but what I'm writing about happens in real time. Where's the setting for this?  Thank you.
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      So I just got a new computer, and instantly went and installed Autoit onto it. I selected run script as default action when clicking on an au3 file, however every time I do this it opens the script in the editor. I can from there run the script no problem.
      I've tried reinstalling and checking the settings by hitting "Ctrl+1" and have confirmed it is set to run, but yet it just continues to open in the editor.
      Any ideas why this is happening or how to solve?
      New system is windows 10, old was windows 7
    • Marc
      By Marc
      Hi Folks,
      I've been very fond of portable software. Some of the portable programs are quite large, so to make the using fancier, I started to compress the portable applications into a WinRar SFX Archive which extracts the software to the tempdir, starts the software and afterward deletes the whole temp Dir.
      But it got cumbersome to manually extract the icon from the exe, make all necessary settings in the WinRar GUI - so I wrote this script. Nothing spectacular, but (in my eyes) very useful. After that, I added some other options to make it a little more versatile.
      Features:
      if we have a 32Bit and a 64Bit version, it can launch the correct Version (32Bit or 64Bit) fitting to the system the SFX is started on (contains a small exe file "universal_launcher.exe" which expects two parameters  for the 32Bit.exe and 64Bit.exe, checks the current system for 64Bit and then runs the correct file). Powerbasic Sourcecode of the exe file is included, of course. automatically extracts the icon from the chosen exe and uses it as icon for the SFX if the chosen exe file has a version number in it, the version is put in the resulting SFX's filename can just extract the files to a user-chosen directory OR can just extract the files to the program files directory (and, optionally, create a desktop shortcut) OR extract the files to a temp directory and run an exe Have fun with it
      best regards,
      Marc

MakeSFX v1.2.zip
      MakeSFXv1.3.zip
    • lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      Hi guys,
      Some functions of my script are running slowly. Very slow. What is the reason?
      My Code:
      <snip>
    • Myicq
      By Myicq
      This may be a dumb question.. but my vertical screen space is fairly limited. I don't need (always) to see all the debug output from autoIT compiler, wrapper etc.
      Can I turn this part off: (optionally)
      >"D:\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\temp\xx.au3" +>11:35:44 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0 Keyboard:00000406 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X86 Environment(Language:0406) +> SciTEDir => D:\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0) from:D:\AutoIt3 input:D:\temp\XX.au3 +>11:35:44 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.12.0):D:\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\temp\xx.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop