AutoProxy

erifash

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is pretty old but me and my friend are having trouble. It works, but it doesen't (Let me explain):

We are both running it, and have changed the index.htm file. This was working fine, so we came to my house, but when we tried it, it jsut came up as a blank page. We tried our network ip's, and a redirection service. These worked fine, on our own pc's, but on each others, it displayed nothing. So it will only work on our own computers. Any idea why?

Edited by codemyster

This topic is pretty old but me and my friend are having trouble. It works, but it doesen't (Let me explain):

We are both running it, and have changed the index.htm file. This was working fine, so we came to my house, but when we tried it, it jsut came up as a blank page. We tried our network ip's, and a redirection service. These worked fine, on our own pc's, but on each others, it displayed nothing. So it will only work on our own computers. Any idea why?

Try replacing @IPAddress1 with _GetIP(), which gets your public IP.

@codemyster:

Do you have a router? If so, set up port fowarding according to your router's manual and use your network IP.

Are you behind a firewall? Make sure it isn't blocking the $PORT.

Try replacing @IPAddress1 with _GetIP(), which gets your public IP.

if you are behind a router you leave it as @IPAddress1 and port forward. check to see if @IPAddress is the correct IP that your router gave you (192.168.1.100)

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

can anyone tell me if this shows my page for them?

codemyster.2ya.com

that is my redirection address. it works on my own pc, but only my own pc.

I am assuming that your are behind a router and using NAT as it appears that you have set it up to use your computers private ip address instead of your router ip.

Go to whatismyip.org. or use _GetIp() That is you public address. This is the address that other pc's not in your network will contact you on. The confusing part is this. The auto proxy needs to listen to your pc's private ip address (run / cmd / ipconfig /all or @IPAddress1) What ever port you specify must be open in your firewall too. Your router needs to be configured to forward traffic it receives on that port to your pc's ip address and port You should assign your pc a static ip address because if it changes as is can with DHCP then port forwarding with the router will be broken.

What it boils down to is: if your public ip is 123.456.789.123 then codemyster.2ya.com should reflect that.

Now auto proxy is already set to listen on your pc private address. Make sure the ip address and port your listening on is the same one your router is forwarding to you (you did set a static ip didn't you?).

If you have set everything up correctly then people can contact you on for example 123.456.789.123:8080 or codemyster.2ya.com:8080

Hope this helps.

eltorro