[SOLVED] Need help with FF.au3 Firefox portable

my FF.au3 does get included but my script does not open firefox. 

here is my code so far:

#include <FF.au3>
_FFStart("https://www.google.com", Default, 0)

I am using firefox portable version 52.0 Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  

The code runs but nothing happens. I think the FF.au3 cannot find or connect to the firefox portable.  

Edited by nooneclose

Did you install the MozRepl plugin? Is there any indication as to why it' s not starting, error messages, warnings, etc.?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I did install the MozRepl plugin. (It says it is an extension) and as far as I know, there is no error message. 

here is the console output from start to finish:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\a\Desktop\Bots\MyBotScripts\FF_WO_AI.au3" /UserParams    
+>14:57:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\a\Desktop\Bots\MyBotScripts\FF_WO_AI.au3
+>14:57:20 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\a\Desktop\Bots\MyBotScripts\FF_WO_AI.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
+>14:57:26 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:57:26 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.978

Make sure the MozRepl extension is started (there should be a Mozrepl meou under the main Tools menu). Also, you can try setting $_FF_COM_TRACE = True

I haven't used this UDF in a while since it no longer works with current versions of FF. I suspect that you will need to manually launch the portable version of FF and then call _FFConnect.

@Danp2Here is what I have so far. 

#include <OutlookEX.au3>                                                ;Allows the Outlook functions
#include <FF.au3>                                                       ;Allows Firefox funcations
#include <AD.au3>                                                       ;Allows Active Directory functions
#include "DTC.au3"                                                      ;Allows Custom Date and Time functions
#include <Date.au3>                                                     ;Allows Date and Time functions
#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>                                        ;Allows Date and Time constant functions
#include <StringConstants.au3>                                          ;Allows String constant functions
#include <Array.au3>                                                    ;Allows special Array functions
#include <Misc.au3>                                                     ;Allows the "is pressed" function to be used
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>                                          ;Allows Message box function to be used
#include <Constants.au3>                                                ;Allows constants to be used
#include <Timers.au3>                                                   ;Allows timer functions
;#RequireAdmin                                                          ;Requests admin privliges before starting program

; Sets the script to accept coordinates off the program window and not the screen
AutoItSetOption('MouseCoordMode', 0)
; Defines the time it takes to send text to the software/program
AutoItSetOption('SendKeyDelay', 10)

;*******************************************************************************
; Close the script if "End" is pressed
;*******************************************************************************
$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")

HotKeySet("{END}", "Terminate")
Func Terminate()
    MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "DEATH", "AI Stoped!", 5)
    Exit
EndFunc

; Script has started
Sleep(2000)
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "WO_AI", "AI Started!", 5)
Sleep(1500)

; Global Variables

; Main functions of the program
OpenFirefox()

Func OpenFirefox()

; Opens Firefox
    ;_FFStart("https://www.google.com")
    MsgBox("", "", "Opening Firefox", 2)
    _FFStart("https://www.google.com", Default, 0)

_FFConnect()

$_FF_COM_TRACE = True
    ConsoleWrite($_FF_COM_TRACE)

EndFunc

MsgBox("", "", "Script Ended", 2)

here are the messages: 

_FFConnect: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 17134 
_FFConnect: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_FFConnect: FF.au3:    0.6.0.2b-1
_FFConnect: IP:    127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Port:    4242
_FFConnect: Delay:     2ms
_FFConnect ==> Timeout: TCPConnect Error: 10060
True_FFConnect ==> General Error: Timeout: Can not connect to FireFox/MozRepl on: 127.0.0.1:4242
_FFIsConnected ==> Socket Error: -1

@Danp2 Ok I tried it with Firefox already open and it gave me this:

_FFConnect: Socket:     1084
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
__FFSendJavaScripts: Sending functions to FireFox .......... done
_FFOpenURL: https://www.google.com
__FFSend: try{window.content.top.document.location.href='https://www.google.com'}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: https://www.google.com
_FFLoadWait: ..... loaded in 1113ms
[object HTMLDocument] - {f: {...}, location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, writeln: function() {...}, ...}
__FFSend: FFau3.WCD=window.content.top.document;
__FFRecv: [object HTMLDocument] - {f: {...}, location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, writeln: function() {...}, ...}
[object HTMLDocument] - {f: {...}, location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, writeln: function() {...}, ...}
_FFConnect: Socket:     1116
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
__FFSendJavaScripts: Sending functions to FireFox .......... done
True+>08:07:28 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0

Does this mean it worked?