Hello.

I'm using SciTE v3.3.14.5 I think, and I find this very annoying (GIF):

https://i.gyazo.com/e60b5d94b8c16d217be4010e208d7042.mp4

I've searched around but found nothing that helped including this:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/100517-stop-scite-removing-tab-indentations/

So the problem obviously is that when I go to a new line after "EndIf", it removes the tab which I don't want to happen.

Is there any fix?

I've tried to change some configs such as 

Line 183: # Indentation
    Line 185: indent.size=0
    Line 187: #indent.auto=0
    Line 188: indent.automatic=0
    Line 189: indent.opening=0
    Line 190: indent.closing=0
    Line 191: #tab.indents=0
    Line 192: #backspace.unindents=0

strip.trailing.spaces=0

But nothing seems to get rid of this.

Thanks

Edited by kellariluukku

Are you using the full SciTE version from the separate installer or the one that came with the AutoIt3 installer?

Try to he full version when you aren't using it yet.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

So, there's no other config setting for this?

Because took me 3 hours to get scite working because I was having "Scintilla failure 1 for message 2152" crash, so I don't remember very clearly how I got it to work.

I was having trouble with SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer so I went on scintilla.org, downloaded something from there then took v18.708.1148.0-SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable.zip, dragged the content of that to C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE and that's I think how I got it working.

I do not want to try any other version since its not throwing that error now.

I only wanted the dark theme that's why I'm using it and I'd rather deal with this problem than go back to a white theme. Or have that error.

Thanks anyway.

8 hours ago, kellariluukku said:

So, there's no other config setting for this?

Yes I think there is as the Full version is running some LUA script to fix the standard SciTE behavior for this behavior.

8 hours ago, kellariluukku said:

Because took me 3 hours to get scite working because I was having "Scintilla failure 1 for message 2152" crash, so I don't remember very clearly how I got it to work.

I am still interested to know how to replicate this crash as it has been reportd before but I haven't been able to make it crash and subsequently debug it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 hours ago, Jos said:

I am still interested to know how to replicate this crash as it has been reportd before but I haven't been able to make it crash and subsequently debug it.

For me the crash happened immediately once I just clicked a few times any line of any .au3 script. 

After I got it working, I can still replicate it simply by opening Global Options File, edit it, and close it without saving.

Here is a video: https://i.gyazo.com/8989df479eadec9b523c920a3885a81e.mp4

It does not occur with other config files. 

Sometimes it occurs also just by clicking some lines around the Global Options File.

Here is what I have currently installed (it seems like I have your installer): 

ee99b0d967c67ed2028690aa1c17f8c8.png

And here is all of my AutoIt3 files: https://www.sendspace.com/file/quywpq

I'm running Win7 64bit.

I believe it is crashing for you, like the others reported, but as long as I have no option to get the crash myself it will be hard to debug and search for a solution.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mannworks00
      After testing various schemes (themes) in the settings for the newest SciTE editor (v. 4.1.2), I discovered that I wasn't able to fully reset it back to its original colors (See snapshot). Specifically, after applying the "__SciTE4AutoIt3_Dark ==> Dark SciTE4AutoIt3 Color scheme."
      The problem: The Line number column and the Output console do not reset back to their original colors.
      The Solution: Delete or edit the user config file. You can safely delete the config file because it will completely regenerate on SciTE restart- with it's factory (out of the box) color scheme.
      I also wrote a small script that will do it programatically: How to reset SciTE scheme in version 4.1.2.

• By BugFix
      There is an issue, while using the function SendSciTE_Command by @Jos, if more than one instance of SciTE is open. Each instance of SciTE has its own DirectorExtension window, so we must choose the right one.
      Here is a way to solve this:
      ; by BugFix Func _GetHwndDirectorExtension() Local $hActive = WinGetHandle('[ACTIVE]') Local $PIDActive = WinGetProcess($hActive) Local $aExtension = WinList("DirectorExtension") Local $PIDExt For $i = 1 To $aExtension[0][0] $PIDExt = WinGetProcess($aExtension[$i][1]) If $PIDExt = $PIDActive Then Return $aExtension[$i][1] Next EndFunc ; by Jos Func SendSciTE_Command($_sCmd) Local $WM_COPYDATA = 74 Local $WM_GETTEXT = 0x000D Local $WM_GETTEXTLENGTH = 0x000E224 Local Const $SCI_GETLINE = 2153 ;~ Local $Scite_hwnd = WinGetHandle("DirectorExtension") ; Get SciTE DIrector Handle Local $Scite_hwnd = _GetHwndDirectorExtension() ; Get SciTE DIrector Handle Local $My_Hwnd = GUICreate("AutoIt3-SciTE interface") ; Create GUI to receive SciTE info Local $My_Dec_Hwnd = Dec(StringTrimLeft($My_Hwnd, 2)) ; Convert my Gui Handle to decimal $_sCmd = ":" & $My_Dec_Hwnd & ":" & $_sCmd ; Add dec my gui handle to commandline to tell SciTE where to send the return info Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[' & StringLen($_sCmd) + 1 & ']') DllStructSetData($CmdStruct, 1, $_sCmd) Local $COPYDATA = DllStructCreate('Ptr;DWord;Ptr') DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 1, 1) DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 2, StringLen($_sCmd) + 1) DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 3, DllStructGetPtr($CmdStruct)) DllCall('User32.dll', 'None', 'SendMessage', 'HWnd', $Scite_hwnd, _ 'Int', $WM_COPYDATA, 'HWnd', $My_Hwnd, _ 'Ptr', DllStructGetPtr($COPYDATA)) GUIDelete($My_Hwnd) EndFunc ;==>SendSciTE_Command Func MY_WM_COPYDATA($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam) Local $COPYDATA = DllStructCreate('Ptr;DWord;Ptr', $lParam) Local $SciTECmdLen = DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 2) Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[' & $SciTECmdLen+1 & ']',DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 3)) ;~ Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[255]', DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 3)) $SciTECmd = StringLeft(DllStructGetData($CmdStruct, 1), $SciTECmdLen) EndFunc ;==>MY_WM_COPYDATA  
    • By Jos
      1/02/2018: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe v19.102.1901.0 installer.
      This version contains the bugfix release for SciTE 4.1.2.
      There has been a major update for Tidy allowing now inline comments without them being shifted to the left by default.
      See this thread for the total story about the new behavior and the added options
      ==> SciTE4AutoIt3 v19.102.1901.0
      Enjoy,
      Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2-1-2019 *** Merged the SciTE v 4.1.2 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)     - Fixed regex issue for Alt+F in AutoItTools.lua     - Fixed another regex issue for several functions in AutoItTools.lua     - Fixed Header parameters now showing None when none are     - Fixed jump to function to also jump to the right Column again.     - Restored AutoItTools:Copy_BookMarks() functionality *** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.703.1808.1 renamed "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Stripper_Stop_OnError" to "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Stripper_OnError" with now as options S,C,F,Stop,Continue,ForceUse     - 18.708.1148.1 Added #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> back in the included file list to ensure backward compatibility.     - 18.708.1148.2 Added "Tidy_Stop_OnError" support to the AutoIt3Wrapper.INI file.                     Changed HiDPI settings for Win 10 compatibility.     - 18.708.1148.4 Added logic to be able to display Console Output of script that have #RequireAdmin while SciTE runs at normal level.     - 18.708.1148.5 Added support to allow to Stop Execution or Restart for scripts with #RequireAdmin while SciTE runs at normal level.                     It won't hang anymore when you reply No on the UAC and detect the elevated process didn;t start.     - 18.708.1148.6 Reverted HiDPI changes made in 18.708.1148.2 as problems are reported. needs investigation.     - 18.708.1148.7 Changed check for RequireAdmin AutoIt3Wrapper startup.     - 18.708.1148.8 Added #include <APIResConstants.au3> for backwards compatibility with AutoIt3 v3.3.14.x. *** Updated Au3Stripper v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1 Fixed issue finding variable names on multiline statements     - 18.708.1148.2 Added check for ending \ in the AutoIt3Dir, and remove it when there, to avoid duplication of includes.     - recompiled with PellesC 6 to make it compatible with WinXP again. *** Updated SciTEConfig v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1 Update to allow comments in *.SciTEConfig file lines. (JPM)                     This update includes the updated shemes to allow changing between them. *** Updated Tidy v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1: Fix bug handling Directivelines ending with continuation character     - 18.708.1148.2: Fixed indentation when a "None breaking space"(C2A0) character is used in a UTF file.     - 18.708.1148.3: Fix bug when a continuation line starts with +x, where is would add a space between +- and number.     - 18.708.9999.x: Rewrite of some internal code to allow inlinecomments to remain at their current position.                       Details can be found in this post: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/196221-tidy-major-update-27-10-requesting-help-with-testing/     - 18.708.9999.22: Released to Beta.     - 18.708.9999.23: Added option to totally skip commentblocks so now the options are:                         #Tidy_Parameters=/tcb=0         =>only indent the whole commentblock  (default)                                          /tcb or /tcb=1 =>Tidy inside commentblock                                          /tcb=-1        =>leave whole commentbock alone                        Tidy.INI:#--> Tidy commentblock 0=only indent the whole commentblock  (default=0)                                 #                      1=Tidy inside commentblock                                 #                     -1=leave whole commentbock alone                                 Tidy_commentblock=0     - 18.708.9999.24: Added check for ending \ in the AutoIt3Dir and remove it when there.     - recompiled with PellesC 6 to make it compatible with WinXP again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE-Scintilla updates.
      ==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
      ==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.
    • By timmy2
      I've noticed in several YouTube tutorials about AutoIt that every time the instructor types EndFunc a comment "<==(function name)" is automatically added. I understand that Tidy will do this after the fact but what I'm writing about happens in real time. Where's the setting for this?  Thank you.
    • By ademon
      Hi. I can open the editor with out problems but I can not compile because it is placed on another partition diferent from C.
      Can you provide an update of this bug?