Hello.

I'm using SciTE v3.3.14.5 I think, and I find this very annoying (GIF):

https://i.gyazo.com/e60b5d94b8c16d217be4010e208d7042.mp4

I've searched around but found nothing that helped including this:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/100517-stop-scite-removing-tab-indentations/

So the problem obviously is that when I go to a new line after "EndIf", it removes the tab which I don't want to happen.

Is there any fix?

I've tried to change some configs such as 

Line 183: # Indentation
    Line 185: indent.size=0
    Line 187: #indent.auto=0
    Line 188: indent.automatic=0
    Line 189: indent.opening=0
    Line 190: indent.closing=0
    Line 191: #tab.indents=0
    Line 192: #backspace.unindents=0

strip.trailing.spaces=0

But nothing seems to get rid of this.

Thanks

Edited by kellariluukku

• Developers

Are you using the full SciTE version from the separate installer or the one that came with the AutoIt3 installer?

Try to he full version when you aren't using it yet.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

So, there's no other config setting for this?

Because took me 3 hours to get scite working because I was having "Scintilla failure 1 for message 2152" crash, so I don't remember very clearly how I got it to work.

I was having trouble with SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer so I went on scintilla.org, downloaded something from there then took v18.708.1148.0-SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable.zip, dragged the content of that to C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE and that's I think how I got it working.

I do not want to try any other version since its not throwing that error now.

I only wanted the dark theme that's why I'm using it and I'd rather deal with this problem than go back to a white theme. Or have that error.

Thanks anyway.

• Developers
8 hours ago, kellariluukku said:

So, there's no other config setting for this?

Yes I think there is as the Full version is running some LUA script to fix the standard SciTE behavior for this behavior.

8 hours ago, kellariluukku said:

Because took me 3 hours to get scite working because I was having "Scintilla failure 1 for message 2152" crash, so I don't remember very clearly how I got it to work.

I am still interested to know how to replicate this crash as it has been reportd before but I haven't been able to make it crash and subsequently debug it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 hours ago, Jos said:

I am still interested to know how to replicate this crash as it has been reportd before but I haven't been able to make it crash and subsequently debug it.

For me the crash happened immediately once I just clicked a few times any line of any .au3 script. 

After I got it working, I can still replicate it simply by opening Global Options File, edit it, and close it without saving.

Here is a video: https://i.gyazo.com/8989df479eadec9b523c920a3885a81e.mp4

It does not occur with other config files. 

Sometimes it occurs also just by clicking some lines around the Global Options File.

Here is what I have currently installed (it seems like I have your installer): 

ee99b0d967c67ed2028690aa1c17f8c8.png

And here is all of my AutoIt3 files: https://www.sendspace.com/file/quywpq

I'm running Win7 64bit.

• Developers

I believe it is crashing for you, like the others reported, but as long as I have no option to get the crash myself it will be hard to debug and search for a solution.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.