hello sirs,
i have searched allot about an function that can  read the INI file as a  string

i mean function to read the ini files from string and not from the file directly.

i finally found an UDF that do what i want

but unfortunately all the functions work,  but the function that i want it not working.

this is the udf

the function that  i need is _IniReadFromString

this is the function

Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default)
$szInput = StringStripCR($szInput)
Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(", 3)
If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found
    Return $aRegMl[0]
EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString

i hope that any one can help me

thank you in advance

iniex.au3

32 minutes ago, nacerbaaziz said:

but unfortunately all the functions work,  but the function that i want it not working.

Might be a good idea to tell everyone what's not working, and how.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What is wrong with the INI functions built into AutoIt, such as IniRead()?

5 minutes ago, TheXman said:

What is wrong with the INI functions built into AutoIt, such as IniRead()?

I WANT TO READ AN INI SECTION FROM MY WEB SITE, AND I DON't want to create an ini file into the user PCS because the their is an some web site information such as the ftp password, for that i want to read the section with out the creation of the ini file.

There is an error in the function's regular expression.  Right before the last double quote, there is an erroneous right paren ("(").  The corrected function below has the original line commented out and the corrected line right below it.

Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default)
    $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput)
;~  Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(", 3)
    Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?", 3)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found

Return $aRegMl[0]
EndFunc ;==>_IniReadFromString

By the way, think twice before replying in all caps when someone is trying to help you.  The next time you do it, don't be surprised if you get no replies.   :naughty:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)  
    • By Colduction
      Hello AutoIt Scriptwriters! 
      I want to read https based site that it's address is: Soft98 (https://soft98.ir/)
      I've tried with "_INetGetSource", "BinaryToString(InetRead)" and "InetRead" but none of them don't help me

How can i get this site html source code without opening IE Windows? 

• By Stew
      (Edited from original.  Please note that I AM NOT AN AUTOIT EXPERT.  I write code using Autoit frequently but I am no expert, especially when it comes to I/O.  So any remarks that start with "Why did you..." can be answered by referring to the first sentence.  This project was done in Autoit because of an interface I built to display the data.)
      Attached is a program and ascii input file I wrote to read stock price data, convert it to binary and then read it back into the program in binary.  The goal was to show increased performance for reading the files in binary and provide a demo on how to read/write binary for int32, int64, double and strings for anyone who might find it helpful.  The results on my PC show the following:
      Time to read ascii file only: 456.981951167202
      Ascii read & process time: 6061.83075631701
      Binary write file time: 14787.9184635239
      Time just to read binary file: 42.418867292311
      Binary read and process time: 4515.16129830537
      A couple things to note:
      1) The 32 MB ascii file took 10x longer to read than the 15 MB binary file.  Not entirely sure why.  Both were read into a buffer.
      2) The Binary write takes a long time but I made no effort to optimize this because the plan was to write this file one time only so I don't mind if it takes longer to write this file.  I care much more about how long it takes to read the file because I will be reading it many times.
      3) There was a modest gain in converting the ascii file to binary in terms of file size and reading speed.
      So big picture... not sure it's worth the effort to convert the files to binary even though most of the data is numerical data in the binary file.  That was actually surprising as I expected there would be more of a difference.  Any ideas on how to get the binary data to read at a faster rate would be great.

binary.au3
      2019_02_08.zip
    • By careca
      This is another take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      The user selects the modifier key, and then uses a combination of that key with a couple others to perform tasks like
      screenshot the active window, (modkey + prtscr), turn off the screen (modkey + pause / break),
      open clipboard string in registry (modkey + R), change system volume (modkey + arrouw up/dn).
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for shutdown: S+D+T
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for restart: S+R+T
      Middle mouse button click on titlebar minimizes to tray, or a left mouse button click in the icon in the tray also minimizes.
      Trigger is set off by space or enter, and timeouts after 3 seconds.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's, can refresh with right mouse click, and opens the default browser if the correspondent button is pressed.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me for a number of reasons.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful all the better.
    • By Jeep
      Here is an other UDF for string handling :
      Date handling
      _StringDateConvert:  convert a date from one format ("YMD", "MDY" or "DMY") to another.
      _StringIsDate:  checks if a date with a given format is valid
      String management
      _StringCount: count of occurrences that appear in a string
      _StringFormatBytesSize: formatting a dimension expressed in bytes (bytes) in MB, TB, ...)
      _StringIsEndingWith: check if a string end with some characters
      _StringIsStartingWith: check if a string start with some characters
      _StringJoinArray:  concatenate elements of an array to rebuild a string
      _StringPadLeft: filling a string with characters on the left
      _StringPadRight: fill a string with characters on the right
      _StringRemoveFrenchAccent: remove french accent
      _StringRemoveChars: deleting characters from a string
      _StringStrip: eliminate characters at the begin and/or at the  end of a string
      _StringTitleCaseFrench: capitalize the first letter of each word with elimination of french accents
      _StringWSClean: simple replacement of "White Spaces",  remove beginning and trailing spaces and multiple spaces removal
      Any comments, suggestions for improvement or constructive criticism are welcome.
      Below you will find the UDF and a demo program. 

JPD_String.zip