Zombie02

Embed AVI in Exe and use it

Hello Guys i am new to Autoit. I am currently writing a GUI which is displaying a avi. My question now is how can i use a avi i added with Autoit3wrapper

Thanks is advance

Zombie

Look at the _GUICtrlAVI_* functions and see if they'll work for you.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

2 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Look at the _GUICtrlAVI_* functions and see if they'll work for you.

Unfortunately no the function should work Like the guictrlsetimage function

2 hours ago, Zombie02 said:

Unfortunately no the function should work Like the guictrlsetimage function

Not sure what you're trying to say here. What function should work that way? If you're trying to embed a movie into a GUI, you can't just set it to a control, you have to create the control differently than say a picture or an icon.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Posted (edited)

It's simple like this:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=test_avi.avi, avi, 150

#include <GuiAVI.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI, $hAVI

; Create GUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("(Internal) AVI OpenEx", 300, 100)
    $hAVI = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($hGUI, "", -1, 10, 10)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; Play the sample AutoIt AVI
;~  _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx($hAVI, @SystemDir & "\Shell32.dll", 150)
    _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx($hAVI, @ScriptFullPath, 150)

_GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI)

; Loop until the user exits.
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

; Close AVI clip
    _GUICtrlAVI_Close($hAVI)

GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Note: It's modified example from helpfile for _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx()

"C:\Program Files\Examples\Helpfile\_GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx.au3" 

EDIT:

Don't forget that to test it you have to run COMPILED exe file (not run au3 directly from Scite) and

you have to compile script using FULL Scite4AutoIt3 because of used #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add directive

EDIT2: Here is simplified example without explicit call of _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx()

#include <GuiAVI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("(Internal) AVI Open", 300, 100)
$hAVI = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($hGUI, @ScriptFullPath, 150, 10, 10)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

_GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI)

Do

_GUICtrlAVI_Close($hAVI)

Edited by Zedna
edit2

6 hours ago, Zedna said:

It's simple like this:

#include <GuiAVI.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI, $hAVI

; Create GUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("(Internal) AVI OpenEx", 300, 100)
    $hAVI = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($hGUI, "", -1, 10, 10)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

;~  _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx($hAVI, @SystemDir & "\Shell32.dll", 150)
    _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx($hAVI, @ScriptFullPath, 150)

_GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI)

; Loop until the user exits.
    Do

; Close AVI clip
    _GUICtrlAVI_Close($hAVI)

GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Note: It's modified example from helpfile for _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx()

"C:\Program Files\Examples\Helpfile\_GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx.au3" 

EDIT:

Don't forget that to test it you have to run COMPILED exe file (not run au3 directly from Scite) and

you have to compile script using FULL Scite4AutoIt3 because of used #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add directive

EDIT2: Here is simplified example without explicit call of _GUICtrlAVI_OpenEx()

#include <GuiAVI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("(Internal) AVI Open", 300, 100)
$hAVI = _GUICtrlAVI_Create($hGUI, @ScriptFullPath, 150, 10, 10)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

_GUICtrlAVI_Play($hAVI)

Do

_GUICtrlAVI_Close($hAVI)

test_avi.avi 20.31 kB · 1 download

Yes this was exactly what i was looking for.

Thank you for your help

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Cipactli
      Have anybody succesfully played around with libmpv for mpv player to embed the player in gui ?
      Example of child gui.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Local $hGui, $mpv_pid Local $sStream = "http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_normal.mp4" $hGui = GUICreate("MPV Test", 640, 360, -1, -1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $mpv_pid = Run(@ScriptDir & '\mpv.exe --wid="' & $hGui & '" "' & $sStream & '"') While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd MPV Player and Libmpv can be downloaded at https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/

Best Regards
      -C
    • By Phoenixx177
      I have a script that is calling 2 browser windows in my GUI and loading up the appropriate URLs.  Tested alone it works fine.  I also have another script that launches a 3rd party application in the GUI.  When I try to modify my 2nd script so that it includes the two browser windows along with the GUI, the GUI loads but not the browser windows.  Can someone get a second set of eyes on the script below and tell me where my brain jumped track please?  Many Thanks.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <windowsconstants.au3> #include <IE.au3> Global $oIE_google = _IECreateEmbedded() Global $oIE_autoit = _IECreateEmbedded() Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode $mainWindow = GUICreate("Embed Cmd", 1280, 780, 10, 10) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked") GUISetState (@SW_SHOW) GUIRegisterMsg(0xF, "WM_PAINT") ; create a borderless window that is a child to the main window $embedWindow = GUICREATE("", 700, 400, 15, 15, $WS_POPUP, -1, $mainWindow) Global $google = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_google, 10, 10, 1000, 300) Global $autoit = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_autoit, 800, 10, 500, 300) _IENavigate($oIE_google, "http://www.google.com") _IENavigate($oIE_autoit, "http://www.bing.com") DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $embedWindow, "hwnd", $mainWindow) ; launch the command prompt (black on white, without the operating system message) $pid = run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Router Manager\Router Administration.exe") ProcessWait ($pid) ; get the handle of the cmd window as i cannot be certain that there will be only one instance of the cmd running with the same window title or class $cmdHandle = _ProcessGetHWnd($pid, 2) $hWndChild = $cmdHandle[1][1] ; make the command prompt window a child to the earlier created borderless child window DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $hWndChild, "hwnd", $embedWindow) ; resize the command prompt window so that its bolder and title bar are outside the borderless child window ; giving the appearance of a borderless command prompt WinMove($hWndChild, '', 10, 500, 485, 206) ;WinMove($hWndChild, '', 10, 500) WinSetState($hWndChild, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($embedWindow, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($oIE_google, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($oIE_autoit, '', @SW_SHOW) ; inifinite event loop While 1 ; sleep for 100 milliseconds (to not hog the cpu) sleep(100) ; end of event loop WEnd Func CLOSEClicked() ; take care of things to do when exiting Winkill($hWndChild) Exit EndFunc Func WM_PAINT($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam) Sleep(100) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "InvalidateRect", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", 0, "int", 0) EndFunc ;==>WM_PAINT ;=============================================================================== ; ; Function Name: _ProcessGetHWnd ; Description: Returns the HWND(s) owned by the specified process (PID only !). ; ; Parameter(s): $iPid - the owner-PID. ; $iOption - Optional : return/search methods : ; 0 - returns the HWND for the first non-titleless window. ; 1 - returns the HWND for the first found window (default). ; 2 - returns all HWNDs for all matches. ; ; $sTitle - Optional : the title to match (see notes). ; $iTimeout - Optional : timeout in msec (see notes) ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - returns the HWND (see below for method 2). ; $array[0][0] - number of HWNDs ; $array[x][0] - title ; $array[x][1] - HWND ; ; On Failure - returns 0 and sets @error to 1. ; ; Note(s): When a title is specified it will then only return the HWND to the titles ; matching that specific string. If no title is specified it will return as ; described by the option used. ; ; When using a timeout it's possible to use WinWaitDelay (Opt) to specify how ; often it should wait before attempting another time to get the HWND. ; ; ; Author(s): Helge ; ;=============================================================================== Func _ProcessGetHWnd($iPid, $iOption = 1, $sTitle = "", $iTimeout = 2000) Local $aReturn[1][1] = [[0]], $aWin, $hTimer = TimerInit() While 1 ; Get list of windows $aWin = WinList($sTitle) ; Searches thru all windows For $i = 1 To $aWin[0][0] ; Found a window owned by the given PID If $iPid = WinGetProcess($aWin[$i][1]) Then ; Option 0 or 1 used If $iOption = 1 OR ($iOption = 0 And $aWin[$i][0] <> "") Then Return $aWin[$i][1] ; Option 2 is used ElseIf $iOption = 2 Then ReDim $aReturn[UBound($aReturn) + 1][2] $aReturn[0][0] += 1 $aReturn[$aReturn[0][0]][0] = $aWin[$i][0] $aReturn[$aReturn[0][0]][1] = $aWin[$i][1] EndIf EndIf Next ; If option 2 is used and there was matches then the list is returned If $iOption = 2 And $aReturn[0][0] > 0 Then Return $aReturn ; If timed out then give up If TimerDiff($hTimer) > $iTimeout Then ExitLoop ; Waits before new attempt Sleep(Opt("WinWaitDelay")) WEnd ; No matches SetError(1) Return 0 EndFunc ;==>_ProcessGetHWnd $StaticTxt = ControlGetText("Embed Cmd","",1007) MsgBox(1,"Static Text", $StaticTxt) GUISetState() While GUIGetMsg() <> -3 WEnd  
    • By wakillon
      Convert an animated Gif to an Avi file for use with GUICtrlCreateAvi function.

• By wakillon
      An other tool for AutoIt Coders :
      Gif2Avi permit to convert an animated Gif to an Avi file for use with the (rarely used) GUICtrlCreateAvi function.
      Use an Avi file as loader or animation in a script (see StringFinder for example) is easier than use an animated gif.
      With this little tool you can also :
      _ Set the AVI file dimensions ( height will follow width changes for preserve ratio W/H )
      _ Change FPS (frames per second) 
      _ Try an other background color ( used in _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap function)
      _ Crop width and height (From the original dimension)

Thanks to monoceres, Prog@ndy and UEZ for AVI functions.
      Source and compiled Version are available in the Download Section.
      May be the "GUICtrlCreateAvi" function will be a bit more used ! 

Some Links for find or create loaders/spinners
      preloaders.net        loading.io      dribbble.com       chimply.com      tools.bit-hive.com

• By wakillon
      Create animated gif from capture.