matwachich

KODA Parser : Easy GUI creation by direct .kxf file read

DEPRECATED: see this new UDF

Spoiler

Hi!

Here is a function that parses .kxf (KODA Form) file and directly generates the GUI for your program.

For now, it is beta (buggy and incomplete).

Supported controls: label, button, input, edit, checkbox, radio, list, combo, group, pic, icon, dummy, controlGroup, slider, progress, date, monthCal, treeView (no items), listView (no items), tab/tabSheet, menus (main, popup)

Supported options: font, colors (text and background), cursor, hint (tool tip), visible, enable/disable, checked/unchecked, resizing

TODO and bugs:

• GUI size bug
  • Other controls (image list, IP, tool bar, status bar, tray menu, avi, up-down, graphics, COM object (really useful?))
  • Hotkeys (accelerators)
  • KXF text encoding problem

https://github.com/matwachich/koda_parser

Update (30/10/2019):

• To have a correctly sized GUI, you must manually pass it's size to the function (get the right GUI size from KODA generated code)
  • Workarround for text encoding problem: kxf file is read as ANSI before being loaded by XMLDOM

Update (05/12/2019):

• Added ability to specify parent GUI (parent GUI set in KODA is now ignored)
  • Added helper functions to: set accelerators, get GUI handle, get control ID/handle, set/get user variables
  • Fixed TabSheet control ID not set
  • Fixed control resizing not set

Update (12/12/2019):

• Fixe window visiblity control

Update (17/12/2019):

• Control groups acces: Added ability to directly acces child controls of: Group, ControlGroup, Tab and TabSheet (functions _KODAForm_CtrlChildrenXXX)
  • Script Breaking: renamed _KODAForm_GetItem and _KODAForm_SetItem to _KODAForm_GetUserData and _KODAFOrm_SetUserData. UserData are now isolated from other GUI controls in the $oForm object
  • Also: some minor internal tweaks in object items naming

KODAParser-beta6.zip

Edited by matwachich
deprecated

OK

Let's see a standard workflow for developping a GUI application using KODA:

• You create your GUI with KODA
  • You export and past the GUI creation code onto your script
  • You Run, it works
  • You (I) many times need to make some manual tweaks on the KODA generated code, and I forget (or cannot) mirror these modifications on KODA
  • After that, I need to modify the GUI, so I do it on KODA, repeat steps 1 and 2, but here, the manual modifications are lost! And you need to redo them

With this function:

• You create your GUI with KODA
  • Embeed the .kxf file with your script
  • And every time you modifiy your GUI on KODA, you don't have to touch/modify your script!
  • Also, your custom modifications are done after calling the function, so you don't loose them or need to redo them

Very useful, I too have this issue. Well done on providing something that will wake the KODA community up and update the program.

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen