Autoit and Ini File

Hi I am trying to create an auto IT file that uses a ini file to gather data and create a customized message.

xyz.com is the person's profile 

name is the person first name

company is the person's company

I would have an ini file with say 5-20 people on it - with link, name and company...and then create an Autoit which opens the link, and pastes Name, message and company .. into a message.

Wondering if I could get thoughts on the ini file method? Is that the best way to store the data that my Autoit file would use? 

Is there a better way? 

The suggestion of @argumentum  (SQLite) is a very solid solution, when it comes to processing such data. SQLite is well supported by AutoIt, relatively easy to use and you will find tons of examples.

Alternatively you could read the values from a text file (e.g. a .csv) and process them.

A simple example :

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -w 7

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $sFilename = @ScriptDir & "\Data.csv" , $aDataArray, $iError
_FileReadToArray($sFilename, $aDataArray, $FRTA_NOCOUNT, "|")
$iError = @error
If $iError Then
    ConsoleWrite("! ERROR : FileReadToArray File=" & $sFilename & "  Error=" & $iError & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf
For $i = 0 To UBound($aDataArray) - 1 Step 1
    ConsoleWrite(StringFormat("> Link=%-30s  Name=%-30s  Company=%-30s\n", $aDataArray[$i][0], $aDataArray[$i][1], $aDataArray[$i][2]))
Next

Without a script or further details, it is difficult to give a more detailed answer.

Data.csv

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

A lot depends on who will be editing the source data, ini or csv is probably easier of the two as it's in plain text, only thing to remember with csv is that you need to make sure the delimiter will never be within first name or company name as in Musashi example using a pipe "|".  Ini can still be useful as it has fairly straight forward structure as well, example:

#cs @ScriptDir & "\Data.ini"
[John.Doe@JDoe.com]
First Name = John
Company Name = JD Inc

[Mark.Spencer@MSInc.com]
First Name = Mark
Company Name = MS Inc
#ce
Global $g_sProfiles = @ScriptDir & "\Data.ini"
Global $g_aProfiles = IniReadSectionNames($g_sProfiles)
    If @error Then Exit
Global $g_sFirstName, $g_sCompanyName
For $i = 1 To $g_aProfiles[0]
    $g_sFirstName = IniRead($g_sProfiles, $g_aProfiles[$i], "First Name", "")
        If $g_sFirstName = "" Then ContinueLoop ;~ First Name key not found
    $g_sCompanyName = IniRead($g_sProfiles, $g_aProfiles[$i], "Company Name", "")
        If $g_sCompanyName = "" Then ContinueLoop ;~ Company Name key not found
    MsgBox(4096, $g_aProfiles[$i], "Hello " & $g_sFirstName & @CRLF & "We would like to know if your company " & $g_sCompanyName & " would be interested in...")
Next