Hello,

still learning and trying to understand AutoIT but having problem in filling my PDF file.

So my code looks like similar to this:

Global $1 = "text text 44444444"
Global $2 = "texting2 texting2"
Global $3 = "newtext3 next3"

ShellExecute ("C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\myPDF.pdf")
WinWaitActive("MyPDF.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC")
Send ("{TAB}")
ClipPut($1)
Send ("^v")
Send ("{TAB 3}")
ClipPut($2)
Send("^v")
Send ("{TAB}")
ClipPut($3)
Send("^v")

So its fill my PDF form, the first field looks good, the code add the text text 4444, then second should be $2 with texting2 texting2 but for some reason the code uses for second and third field after TAB only variable $3.

So, I receive in $2 and $3 for some reason same newtext3 next3 in both, why its skipping the variable $2? Maybe there also much better solution for instant text? Because Send writes with delay by letters which I don't like.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Also, have you considered dropping the use of ClipPut and just send the variable contents?

I do not have Acrobat Reader installed, but the approach from @Danp2 seems plausible to me.

Global $1 = "text text 44444444"
Global $2 = "texting2 texting2"
Global $3 = "newtext3 next3"

ShellExecute ("C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\myPDF.pdf")
WinWaitActive("MyPDF.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC")
Send ("{TAB}")
Send ($1)
Send ("{TAB 3}")
Send ($2)
Send ("{TAB}")
Send ($3)

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

6 hours ago, Danp2 said:

I've seen where you need a delay following ClipPut to give the item time to "appear" on the clipboard. Also, have you considered dropping the use of ClipPut and just send the variable contents?

You mean with Send()?

If yes, then it takes time while Send writes all the text and Opt SendKeyDownDelay, SendKeyDelay doesn't work here with 0 or 1 delay.

44 minutes ago, diff said:

Opt SendKeyDownDelay, SendKeyDelay doesn't work here with 0 or 1 delay.

The value sets the time in milliseconds to pause (default=5)(0 removes the delay completely). It is not an on/off switch. Try to set the value to 50 or 100. For testing purposes you can also place Sleep(xxx) commands between the sends. Not the most elegant solution, but give it a try.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

24 minutes ago, Musashi said:

The value sets the time in milliseconds to pause (default=5)(0 removes the delay completely). It is not an on/off switch. Try to set the value to 50 or 100. For testing purposes you can also place Sleep(xxx) commands between the sends. Not the most elegant solution, but give it a try.

Yeah I understand that it's not on/off, I tried random ms to set but it was still writing too long.

Looks like ClipPut works better if I add delay at least Sleep(200) about which was talking @Danp2. So, probably I solved my problem by adding everywhere Sleep(200) after ClipPut()

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fadi
      Hi i'm trying to create a ClipPut with differents font size and font and then paste it into word document.
      I know in Word document, i can send("^+P") and change the font size, but it's not then best way to do if i have to change the font and size many time in the document.
          ShellExecute("ReportTemplate.doc")
          WinActivate("ReportTemplate.doc [Compatibility Mode] - Word")
          WinWaitActive("ReportTemplate.doc [Compatibility Mode] - Word")
          Sleep (1000)
          ClipPut("Underline Size 16: " & "Bold size 12" & "Normcal size 11")
          Send("^v")
      Any idea?

• By Fenzik
      Hello!
      i wrote this function as alternative to using the Com Object or Commandline version of this project, discussed also earlyer on this forum.
      Project site - http://ebstudio.info/home/xdoc2txt.html
      Advantage of this implementation is that you do not need to register Com dll, using regsvr32.
      But you still need the project Dll (xd2txlib.dll).
      Enjoy!
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ExtractText ; Description ...: Extracts text from advanced documment formats (Doc, Docx, ODT, XLS, ...) ; Syntax ........: _ExtractText($sFilename[, $bProperties = False[, $hDll = 0]]) ; Parameters ....: $sFilename - a string value. ; $bProperties - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. If True, documment properties will be returned instead of the text. ; $hDll - [optional] a handle value. Default is 0. Optional handle to previously opened xd2txlib.dll. By default the xd2txlib.dll (Expected in @scriptdir) will be opened and closed during the function call. ; Return value .: String, containing the text or documment properties or empty string and Error as follows: ;1 - The file does not exists. ;2 - Error during opening xd2txlib.dll. ;3 - No text returned. ; Author ........: Fenzik ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Project site - http://ebstudio.info/home/xdoc2txt.html ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: No ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ExtractText($sFilename, $bProperties = False, $hDll = 0) If Not FileExists($sFilename) Then Return SetError(1, "", "") Local $bLoaded = False If $hDll = 0 Then $hDll = DllOpen(@scriptdir&"\xd2txlib.dll") If $hDll = -1 Then Return SetError(2, "", "") $bLoaded = True Endif $aResult = DllCall($hDll, "int:cdecl", "ExtractText", "WSTR", $sFilename, "BOOL", $bProperties, "WSTR*", "") If $aResult[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(3, "", "") If $bLoaded = True Then DllClose($hDll) Return $aResult[3] EndFunc  

xd2txlib-example.zip
    • By Yodavish
      My AutoIt script works fine, for the most part, however, if it goes idle for roughly 30 minutes, it will won't be able to send data to a 3rd party application window titled, "Case #". 
      The problem lies within the function "SendFusion", it's able to see the handle for the "WinActivate" and "WinWaitActivate" (I've also tried putting in 10 seconds in the WinWaitActivate as well, doesn't work). However, if we have been idle, it will always fail to send data afterward. On what I've tried so far:
      "Send" function with the data and a {ENTER} i.e. Send($CaseTxt & "{ENTER}"), this won't even hit the enter key  ControlSetText, tried passing the handle from WinActivate, using the title "Case #" that was copied directly from the Autoit Window Info, hard coding the title, Using CLASS:WindowsForms10... always returns a 0 ControlCommand (same as above) always returns a 0 ControlGetFocus always returns a 0 ControlFocus, always returns a 0 Creating a new and simple Au3 script that just sends data to "Case #", also fails NOTE: If I close the Au3 script and just scan the data directly into the "Case #" or even type it, it works fine with no issues. I'm confused as to why it would not work after a long idle period?
      Below are the essential parts of the script, I can provide the entire thing if needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Process.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; Only one instance can run ;--------------------------------------------------------------- If _Singleton("gross.exe", 1) = 0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "Gross.exe is already running. Please exit the existing version first (check the icons in the lower right corner of your screen) before running it again.") Exit EndIf ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; AutoIt Options ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode Opt("WinWaitDelay", 0) ; Alters how long a script should briefly pause after a successful window-related operation. Time in milliseconds to pause (default=250). Opt("WinTextMatchMode", 1) ; Alters the method that is used to match window text during search operations. 2 = Quick mode Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0) ; Alters the length of the brief pause in between sent keystrokes. A value of 0 removes the delay completely. Time in milliseconds to pause (default=5). if ($fusionWindowTitle="NONE" or $fusionCaseNumWinTitle="NONE" or $appWindowTitle="NONE" or $winActivateTimeout="NONE" or $winCloseTimeout="NONE" or $winWaitTimeout="NONE" or $pdfViewerWidth="NONE" or $pdfViewerHeight="NONE" or $pdfViewerLeft="NONE" or $pdfViewerWindowName="NONE" or $pdfViewerExeName="NONE" or $pdfUrl="NONE" or $pdfDownloadCommand="NONE") Then Msgbox(0,"ERROR", "gross.ini is missing or does not contain all settings. Please contact Help Desk with this information") Exit -1 EndIf ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; application settings/constants ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; create the main window ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Local $mainWindow = GUICreate($appWindowTitle, 380, 190) ; create the main GUI window GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "handleCloseClick") ; when the click the windows close button call handleCloseClick() WinSetOnTop($appWindowTitle, '', 1) ; Sets main GUI always on top ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; create the controls on the main window ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Local $okButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 160, 160, 54,24) ; create OK button GUICtrlSetOnEvent($okButton, "validateInput") ; when they click ok, call handleInputProcessRequest() GUICtrlCreateLabel("Scan Input", 10, 10) ; create a label Global $inputScan = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10,134,358) ; create the input scan box GUICtrlSetOnEvent($inputScan, "validateInput") ; when they press enter in the scan input box, call handleInputProcessRequest() GUICtrlSetState($inputScan,$GUI_FOCUS) ; automatically sets focus on the input field GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; main GUI loop that runs at all times ;--------------------------------------------------------------- While 1 ;---------------------------------------------------------- ; If sumatraPDF active, resets focus back to GUI ;---------------------------------------------------------- If WinActive($pdfViewerWindowName) Then consoleWrite('While Loop sumatraPDF was active' & @CRLF) setMainWindow() ;---------------------------------------------------------- ; After data sent to ProTracker, check for mismatch ; save button to trigger the event handler when clicked ;---------------------------------------------------------- ElseIf WinActive($proTrackerWindowTitle) Then $ie = _IEAttach("ProTracker") $mismatchButton = _IEGetObjByName($ie, $proTrackerMisMatchButtonId) $oEvent = ObjEvent($mismatchButton, "mismatchButton_") If @error Then setMainWindow() ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ; If Fusion is prompting for the case #, focus back to main GUI input ; If second GUI 'Unknown' detect do nothing ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ElseIf WinExists($fusionWindowTitle) and WinExists($fusionCaseNumWinTitle) and Not WinActive($mainWindow) and Not WinExists('Unknown Input') Then setMainWindow() EndIF ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Checks if $processFlag = Done, if so, shows PDF viewer and clears ; processFlag for next iteration ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- IF WinExists($pdfViewerWindowName) and $processFlag == 'Done' Then WinSetState ($pdfViewerWindowName, '', @SW_SHOW) $processFlag = '' setMainWindow() EndIF Sleep(100) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd Func handleInputProcessRequest($input) $processFlag = True Local $hTimer = TimerInit() consoleWrite('> handleInputProcessRequest: ' & @CRLF) Local $idInput = identifyInput($input) ; Select a proccess to run based on id input Select Case $idInput = "container" ; regex that captures only the case number $caseTxt = StringUpper(StringRegExpReplace($strippedInputData, '\??(\w*\d*-\d*|\d*).*$','$1')) If WinExists($fusionWindowTitle) and WinExists($fusionCaseNumWinTitle) Then sendProTracker(StringUpper($strippedInputData)) sendFusion($caseTxt) ; gets pdf for sumatraPDF in seperate script, since that function is the slowest Run("viewPDF.exe " & $caseTxt) ;getSumatraPDF($caseTxt) $lastCaseNum = $caseTxt Else ; Checks to make sure the previous "Container" case num is the same ; to the current Container case num, before sending to ProTracker If($lastCaseNum <> $caseTxt) Then ; If not the same case number send alert sound SoundPlay("error.wav") Else sendProTracker($strippedInputData) EndIf EndIf Case $idInput = "user" sendProTracker($strippedInputData) Case $idInput = "cassette" sendProTracker(StringUpper($strippedInputData)) Case $idInput = "unknown" selectUnknown() EndSelect Local $fDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer) $processFlag = 'Done' consoleWrite('> handleInputProcessRequest Completed Total time: ' & $fDiff & ' ' &@CRLF&@CRLF&@CRLF) EndFunc Func sendFusion($caseTxt)     Local $hTimer = TimerInit()     consoleWrite('+ sendFusion initiated: ' & $caseTxt & @CRLF)     If $caseTxt = "" Then         MsgBox(0, "Error", "Not a valid case number")     Else         ;$fusionCaseNumWinTitle = "Case #"         $retVal1 = WinActivate($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "")         consoleWrite("ReturnValue WinActivate " & $retVal1 & @CRLF)         $retVal2 = WinWaitActive($fusionCaseNumWinTitle,"",$winActivateTimeout)         consoleWrite("ReturnValue WinWaitActive: " & $retVal2 & @CRLF)         $retVal3 = ControlSetText($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", "", $caseTxt)         ;$retVal3 = ControlCommand($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", "", "EditPaste", $caseTxt)         consoleWrite("ReturnValue ControlSetText: " & $retVal3 & @CRLF)         ;Send($caseTxt & "{ENTER}")         WinWaitClose($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", $winCloseTimeout)         consoleWrite('+ sendFusion WinWaitClose: ' & @CRLF)     EndIf     Local $fDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer)     ConsoleWrite('+ sendFusion Completed Total time:' & $fDiff & ' ' & @CRLF) EndFunc
      Console logs from the SciTLE
      Window (x86) Info matches the correct handle for the WinActivate and WinWaitActivate

Window Control (x86) Info, I've tried the CLASS, the ID, also I just noticed that the "handle" in "Control" and "Window" appear to be different as well.

So far the only work-around is to close down the 3rd party application and the AutoIt script, re-open them and it works all completely fine. But this is a pain for the end-user since it's all touch screen and it slows down their workflow, which they can be extremely sensitive about.

• By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I have Zero experience with Autoit + Adobe Acrobat, and I really in need to get this working as PoC.
      I am trying to automate some manual actions below are the steps I would like to do.
      INPUT to script : 
      1. PDF file to open
      2. String that I would like to add as \\Server\Directory name
      Steps : 
      1. Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro
      2. Browse to View > Tools > Send For Review > Open (see image 1)
      3. On the launched tool bar click on "Send for Shared Connecting" (see image 2)
      4. Next select option "Automatically Collect comments on my..." in dropdown and click 'Next' (see image 3)
      5. Select radiobutton "Network folder" and paste the input "\\Server\Directory" in text field and click 'Next' (see image 4)
      Experts, I would really appreciate a quick script which I can run and get rolling.
      Please note, I would not likwe to rely on MouseClick and/or cordinates match approach.
      PLEASE SUPPORT!!!!
      Makz
      **********************************************************************************************************
      Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

• By SkysLastChance
      What am I doing wrong here. 
      I am trying to get a list of names in the clip that look like
      Bob
      Greg
      James
      Kevin
      Etc...
      I have tried
      ClipPut("Bob" & @CRLF & "Greg" & @CRLF & "James" & @CRLF & "Kevin" & @CRLF & "Tim" & @CRLF & "Kelly" & @CRLF & _ "Susan"_& @CRLF & "Bill" & @CRLF & "Maggie" & @CRLF & "Amanda" & @CRLF & "Matt" & @CRLF & "Robert" & @CRLF & "Sara" & @CRLF & _ "Zach" & @CRLF) and
      ClipPut("Bob" & @CRLF & "Greg" & @CRLF & "James" & @CRLF & "Kevin" & @CRLF & "Tim" & @CRLF & "Kelly" & @CRLF & _ & "Susan"_& @CRLF & "Bill" & @CRLF & "Maggie" & @CRLF & "Amanda" & @CRLF & "Matt" & @CRLF & "Robert" & @CRLF & "Sara" & @CRLF & _ & "Zach" & @CRLF)