BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

Hi again Jos,

Is line 433 necessary in AU3 wrapper?

FileWriteLine("testwatcher.log",$IPCdata)

It's leaving that log in my script directory.

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

1 minute ago, argumentum said:

I'll guess that it's a debug thing while coding it

Thanks @argumentum

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers

Nah ...that needs to be removed again ...   needed that for some debugging. :) 

Updated Beta.    Thanks

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Morning Jos,

Just noticed Macros don't AutoComplete for more than one selection also.

Thanks for your continued work. :)

Spoiler

• Developers
On 10/17/2023 at 1:51 AM, donnyh13 said:

Hi again Jos, not sure if you are done working in the autocomplete for multiple selections fix or not, but I hit a few hiccups.

When auto completing a Macro (@error) for multiple selections, the selections are lost, except the main cursor.

When the Auto Indenter does its thing, the multiple selections are lost also, such as after entering "Case" and pressing enter to go down a line. (This one may be too complex to fix? It's not a big deal.)

Thanks again!

remember we touched this before... 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

46 minutes ago, Jos said:

remember we touched this before...

Right, but you said,

EDIT: The @macro part is using the standard SciTE behavior, hence the issue. I will add the property (autocomplete.multi=0 / 1) to set the behavior as defined for LUA which then fixes the Macro part: 

int editor.AutoCMulti -- Change the effect of autocompleting when there are multiple selections.

And then you said,

Next version of SciTE will be out soon (SciTE 5.3.9) with:

• Add "Drop Selection" to the context menu to deselect one piece of a multiple selection.
Add autocomplete.multi property to insert the autocompletion choice in all selections.
• For Windows, fix problem where tab bar disappeared. Bug #2347.
For Windows, set the file extension of a new file to the one shown in the "save as" file type when save.filter is set.

They were both pretty minor changes and Neil was willing to put them both in.

So, I guess I assumed the Macro part was supposed to be fixed after you updated to 5.4.0? I assume I'm misunderstanding something?

I also have a question regarding the Scite help file. The "Scintilla Documentation" (not "Scite Documentation") file isn't listed in the contents anywhere (that I can see), but is found in a search, is there a way to make it visible in contents?

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• Developers

Try setting the default you want for:

9 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

autocomplete.multi

and see if that fixes it as i believe i haven't changed the default and am not sure i should. (Not at a computer right now so can't check)

9 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

The "Scintilla Documentation"

Will check when back at my computer.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

and see if that fixes it

Ya, that fixes it. Thanks Jos.

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

Will check when back at my computer.

Okay, thank you.

Spoiler

• Developers
On 12/7/2023 at 5:04 PM, donnyh13 said:

I also have a question regarding the Scite help file. The "Scintilla Documentation" (not "Scite Documentation") file isn't listed in the contents anywhere (that I can see), but is found in a search, is there a way to make it visible in contents?

Just made a few changes to the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile TOC to show both SciTE & Scintilla Documentation and History pages. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

42 minutes ago, Jos said:

to show both SciTE & Scintilla Documentation and History pages

Perfect, Thanks Jos!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Just made a few changes

Not sure if it's just my problem, or not, but when attempting to use the new help file, I only get this page no matter what:

1.png.cf1129648047925f2e72d9c065fb9505.png

Spoiler

• Developers

Right-mouse-click the helpfile then there should be an option to allow the content?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

6 minutes ago, argumentum said:

or "safety" settings.

4 minutes ago, Jos said:

Right-mouse-click

Thanks, that fixed it.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm kind of confused by all that needs to be updated, and there's way too much going on this thread for me to keep up. Do I need to install the SciteForAutoit3.exe?

image.png.ee82e14af6440dbc893cdd33c1d590d5.png

Also, I think the link to the zip file in the 1st post is dead.

Edited by jaberwacky

• Developers
5 minutes ago, jaberwacky said:

and there's way too much going on this thread for me to keep up.

Agree...  Merry Christmas and more somewhere next year on all of this.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, jaberwacky said:

Do I need to install the SciteForAutoit3.exe?

Not sure if Jos answered you elsewhere, but, as best as I can remember, to be totally up to date on the beta (Hopefully not missing anything here) you would download/ install:

• SciTE4AutoIt3.exe
  • SciTEx86.zip or SciTEx64.zip (and place/overwrite the older one in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE folder)
  • SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip (and place/overwrite the older ones in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\lua folder).
  • SciTE4AutoIt3.chm (and place/overwrite the older one in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE folder) (And right click on it and click trust, or "allow")
Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler