BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

• Developers
1 hour ago, donnyh13 said:

I've been looking for this feature....

Will do a build somewhere next week after it is released.

On 11/1/2023 at 11:23 PM, donnyh13 said:

I was wondering if you would have any objections to changing line 623+ of AutoItAutoComplete.lua from this:

I am not sure why you want this change as it will now remove one space as result when there's already a space Infront. Could you explain why this is usefull?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 hour ago, Jos said:

I am not sure why you want this change as it will now remove one space as result when there's already a space Infront.

Sorry, didn't see it removing one space when there already was one ahead??

The purpose to it was after each autocomplete of a variable a space was being added, regardless if there already was one present, so, say after calling a function with five parameters, I would end up with:

_LOWriter_ShapeInsert($oDocument, $oViewCursor, $LOW_SHAPE_TYPE_ARROWS_ARROW_RIGHT, $iWidth, $iHeight)     ;Spaces extend to here

I was attempting to correct that, and only add a space if there wasn't one present?

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers
22 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

I was attempting to correct that, and only add a space if there wasn't one present?

Understand now what the issue is you were solving!  thanks for that and I have uploaded an updated zip file to also handle the Strings AutoComplete correctly. 
It also fixes the Removing the rest-string in case that is equal to the end of the AutoComplete word. 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks  Jos,

fixes the Removing the rest-string in case that is equal to the end of the AutoComplete word

This is great, that has really irked me before!

I think you forgot to comment out lines 618 and 622 of AutoItAutoComplete. I am getting output messages like this:

--> 47113   _lowriter_cursormove        false

Also, I need to test more, but it seems you removed the call tip for User functions not found in the current file. Is this purposeful?

Edit* Never mind, can only reproduce it in one file... not sure why yet.

Edit2 My problem was the function I was using was only found in a file that was included in the file I Included but wasn't directly included in the file I was working on, however I had used the function previously in my script, so it was able to auto complete, but couldn't show the call tip.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers
2 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

I think you forgot to comment out lines 618 and 622 of AutoItAutoComplete.

Thanks ....fixed in zip

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos did you change something in CTRL+J feature to jump in function ?
I notice 25% CPU load for few second on my 4 core in my i5 8350U notebook, which corresponds to full load on one core for few second.

It was working much faster before.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

@mLipok

Jos did mention this:

On 10/28/2023 at 2:00 AM, Jos said:
On 10/27/2023 at 11:16 PM, ioa747 said:

instead of taking me to the function (on line 164),  Func _PRNT_EnumJobs($hPrinter)

This will be changed in the next Beta. It will both skip commentlines and blocks  when looking for the Func.

Spoiler

• Developers
12 hours ago, mLipok said:

@Jos did you change something in CTRL+J feature to jump in function ?
I notice 25% CPU load for few second on my 4 core in my i5 8350U notebook, which corresponds to full load on one core for few second.

It was working much faster before.

There sometimes is no right way ...is there.... :(   

yes I changed it so it will not "find" commented func lines, but the cost is that it needs to be skipped, hence extra processing. 
Let me guess, This is a project with Many files  and/or bigfile, so there is a lot to process for find?

I guess this is for finding a  Variable or is it a  Func? 
Tested a bit with the large LibreOffice udf and there is hardly a difference with those 2 files even when jumping to the very last
Global Const $LOW_FIELD_PLACEHOLD_TYPE_TEXT

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Tootip appears very fast

image.png.353f3d4b6d725690442319bbee06e065.png

Jump to function tooks few seconds.

Should I prepare my testing ENV again ?

EDIT:
version from 2023/11/01 works fine.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

@Jos,

Perhaps a stupid comment, but I was wondering, since the autocomplete already seems to make a list of functions etc., could you not somehow tie into that list and save having to re-search each script per ctrl j ?

Spoiler

• Developers
5 hours ago, mLipok said:

Jump to function tooks few seconds.

Should I prepare my testing ENV again ?

AutoItcomplete uses the cached tables of available/possible Functions/Variables, but the Jump function actually loop down the while tree of #included files to find it as it will ONLY jump to a Func/Var when really available for that script you are working in. 

You claim it changed ...  I claim it didn't unless you can prove it! ;) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
1 hour ago, donnyh13 said:

Perhaps a stupid comment, but I was wondering, since the autocomplete already seems to make a list of functions etc., could you not somehow tie into that list and save having to re-search each script per ctrl j ?

Not when following the process I just described...   but I will have look to see if we can use the generated FILE tables. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

44 minutes ago, Jos said:

but I will have look to see if we can use the generated FILE tables

It's not a big deal, just a thought in re: to mLipok's problem. I think those tables wouldn't be complete anyway if the user has dynamic includes off?

Spoiler

• Developers

I have added a function to first try a lookup in the FileTable in memory for determining the required includefile. in case it is not found or not enabled, it will follow the old logic.
It is available in the current beta zip file.

Have a try and see if this makes it faster and all still works as desired. :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Have a try and see if this makes it faster and all still works as desired

Thanks. 

Will check tomorrow.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Jos said:

Have a try and see if this makes it faster and all still works as desired.

I just start testing.

btw.
I notice that sometimes the same function is showed in a different way.
They may be presented with a blue or pink box.
What this different colors mean and why the same function can be showed in a different way.

image.png.b484d2c2ee79d03870fd0a81aba67f3f.png

image.png.b12dba0c5fae34cc8e5808a7ae1f85d2.png

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I just start testing.

here are my results:

-09:26:21 AutoItTools->-### AutoItTools:OnSwitchFile: Changed to some_of_my_include.au3
-09:26:21 AutoItTools->- set currentfile:some_of_my_include.au3
-09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->-### AutoItDynamicIncludes:OnSwitchFile: Changed to some_of_my_include.au3
 09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->====== action : switch   props['AutoItDynamicIncludes.lastFileUDFs']: some_of_my_include.au3
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->> Dynamic UDFs is enabled.
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->> Action:switch  AutoItDynamicIncludes.dynamic.includesinit.done:on  props['AutoItDynamicIncludes.lastFileUDFs']: some_of_my_include.au3
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>0 SciteDefaultHome\..\ ==> Z:\AutoItPortable\App\
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>1 #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir:z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>3 Final standard Includes dir:z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5\include\
>09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->> Standard Include directory :z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5\include\
-09:26:21 AutoItDynamicIncludes->PerfDynUDFs->reload_apis->->reloadproperties:

-09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->- GotoDefinitionScan:  search func:_ADO_Execute
>09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition->> start FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition: _ADO_Execute some_of_my_include.au3
>09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetDirectories->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>0 SciteDefaultHome\..\ ==> Z:\AutoItPortable\App\
>09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetDirectories->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>1 #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir:z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5
>09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetDirectories->Get_STD_Include_Dir->>3 Final standard Includes dir:z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5\include\
-09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetDirectories->-- => Add Standard AutoIt3 Include: z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5\include\
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetDirectories->Registry AutoIt3 Includes info : ;
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->curpathl: z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\PROGRAMY\MY_PROGRAM_NAME\
-09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->----Get Includes ----------------------------------------------------------------
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->file: some_of_my_include.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->cpath: z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\PROGRAMY\MY_PROGRAM_NAME\
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added: some_of_my_include.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added: some_of_my_include.au3
+09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->+Scanning: some_of_my_include.au3
>09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition->> start FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition: _ADO_Execute some_of_my_include.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->curpathl: z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_ML\
-09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->----Get Includes ----------------------------------------------------------------
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->cpath: z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_ML\
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Include1-: GuiListView.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Include1-: WinAPIReg.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Include1-: APIRegConstants.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Include1-: AutoItConstants.au3
 09:26:24 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Include1-: Array.au3
 09:26:25 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added: some_of_my_include.au3
 09:26:25 AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added: some_of_my_include.au3
+09:26:25 AutoItGotoDefinition->+Scanning: z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\mLipok\ADO.au3
>09:26:25 AutoItGotoDefinition->FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition->> start FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition: _ADO_Execute z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\mLipok\ADO.au3
+09:26:25 AutoItGotoDefinition->FindShow_Variable_Func_Definition->+Found Func:_ADO_Execute on line:1481 pos:1 in file:z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\mLipok\ADO.au3

wondering

Why all this:
AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added:

are used, I mean, I thought the initial list was already complete. ?

note:
some_of_my_include.au3 are different files - I just anonymize their names with simple regexp

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I have such setup:

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_Path=;z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\mLipok;z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\Other_Members;z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_ML
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include=y                               ;dynamic.include=y/n
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_whiletyping=y                   ;dynamic.include.whiletyping=y/n
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_recursive_check=y               ;dynamic.include.recursive.check=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_use_local_cache=y               ;dynamic.include.use.local.cache=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_version=prod                    ;dynamic.include.version=prod/beta
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_verboselevel=2                  ;dynamic.include.verbose.level=0/1/2
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_Always_Update_Local_File=n      ;dynamic.include.always.update.local.file=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_AutoItTools_debug=n                             ;debug.autoIttools=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_AutoItDynamicIncludes_debug=n                   ;debug.AutoItDynamicIncludes=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_AutoItAutocomplete_debug=n                      ;debug.autoitautocomplet=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_AutoItGotoDefinition_debug=n                    ;debug.autoitgotodefinition=n/y
#SciTE4AutoIt3_AutoItIndentFix_debug=n                         ;debug.autoitindentfix=n/y

When I type:

_ADO_Execute(

and get:

> time: 0.03 secs Dropdown for _ado_execute with 1 item(s) out of 10499
--> AddMissingIncludes wordcheck _ADO_Execute time: 0.39 secs

So my question is:

Could you be so nice and also add timing to CTRL+J feature ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hi Jos, I was wondering, since updating to this BETA Scite, when I Ctrl+Break a script, I now always get this message in the output:

! Program will be cancelled.
+>14:48:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.769
> Detected your script is still running but AutoIt3Wrapper was closed.
> Trying normal script close by Sending WinClose to all Windows of Pid 1232
> Done with cleanup.

Is this normal?

Spoiler

• Developers
13 hours ago, mLipok said:

here are my results:

wondering

Why all this:
AutoItGotoDefinition->GetIncludes->Local incl added:

are used, I mean, I thought the initial list was already complete. ?

note:
some_of_my_include.au3 are different files - I just anonymize their names with simple regexp

I am not very good in reading a quoted dump of a log file and not nlknow what to look for. Also don't understand the question about the why ....  Please send me an email when you want me to look at a log file. ....  Thanks

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.