BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

• Developers

Yes, I have seen this in my testing of the other indent issue and am looking at a partial/total rewrite since I have to disable the internal autoIndenting.  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos,

Just a quick note that I found a new bug.... (Call tip when commented word matches a function)

1.png.a429055bdd1078e5936978ad4dec860e.png

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

something similar to me in e.g.  Printer_UDF.zip
when I'm in the Example.au3 in a function e.g. on line 27 in the _PRNT_EnumJobs function

, and I call jump to the function Ctrl+J ,

instead of taking me to the function (on line 164),  Func _PRNT_EnumJobs($hPrinter)

it takes me to the comments (on line 48),  ; Func _PRNT_EnumJobs($hPrinter) : enumerate current printing jobs on a hPrinter

and something else.
in the save as dialog box,
if I do not put the file extension (.au3) , in the file name,  it saves it without an extension ,
even though in Save as type: it is Autolt (au3)

I know that I know nothing

• Developers
On 10/26/2023 at 11:25 PM, donnyh13 said:

Hi Jos,

Just a quick note that I found a new bug.... (Call tip when commented word matches a function)

1.png.a429055bdd1078e5936978ad4dec860e.png

This is the SciTE buildin Calltip kicking in. I have made a change in my dev version which avoids that. It will be in the next beta when ready.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
2 hours ago, ioa747 said:

instead of taking me to the function (on line 164),  Func _PRNT_EnumJobs($hPrinter)

This will be changed in the next Beta. It will both skip commentlines and blocks  when looking for the Func.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos, I have two smaller feature requests.

1: Can the call tip be disabled when working on a function declaration itself?

1.png.d8d1b7f3009d64e5bd75076454cf72a6.png

2: When Autocompleteing, is is possible to only move the cursor to the end of the autocompleted word? Instead of moving to the end of all the word(s) not separated by a space? for example:

2.png.4205f92c91af89ad2070e45ac15775d5.png

---------^

Cursor is there ^

Autocomplete:

3.png.1d9563c7cca697e92b81a1155fadbfdd.png

-------------------------^

Cursor is now here instead of after "MsgBox".

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Developers
9 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

1: Can the call tip be disabled when working on a function declaration itself?

Makes sense and will have a look to see if this is an easy one as that calltip is internal functionality. EDIT: Change made in the current Beta)

9 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

2: When Autocompleteing

My current Development version has that change already and will show this when doing the autocomplete in your example:image.png.3c4434dcc233c8fdbc64e28c62bc7c2d.png

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a new Beta SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip which has the above mentioned changes, except the autoindent rewrite.
Autoindent should work better but still needs an overhaul, which I start with when I have some more time available for changing and lots of testing.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

9 hours ago, Jos said:

Uploaded a new Beta SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip

Thanks very much Jos !

Edit*

Changes work great.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

Hi Jos, I see multiple selection auto complete is broken again.1.png.086cb7553670fbfdcb3116fb5c8827ce.png

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• Developers
8 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

I see multiple selection auto complete is broken again

shit ...   what did I change now to break this again....... this is a sensitive beast!   will have a look tomorrow.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Ok... it appeared to be part of the addition that I made to facilitate the functionality you requested and I had already  implemented using one wrong lua function ( editor:SetSel()
in stead of editor:SetTargetRange() were the first one disables the multiselect!)

Updated the zip file again so give it a try.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

26 minutes ago, Jos said:

Updated the zip file again so give it a try.

Thanks Jos!

Sorry about the balancing act to keep it all working. :)

Edit*

Thanks, that fixed it.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• Developers

No worries,   I just need you or a typing robot to test all possible scenarios after each change!   Could build it in AutoIt but that would be a big ass one and a lot of work! :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ha, ya, that would definitely be a big script or two!

Well, so far all works correctly again...

Spoiler

Hi again Jos,

I was wondering if you would have any objections to changing line 623+ of AutoItAutoComplete.lua from this:

623             end

--
                editor:SetTargetRange(startPos, endPos)
                -- add a space so the lexing will work
                editor:ReplaceTarget(str..' ')
                local ncarretpos = startPos + str:len()

To This:

623             end

--
                -- Select the next character
                editor:SetTargetRange(endPos, endPos+1)
                -- Retrieve the selected character
                local sSpace = editor.TargetText

editor:SetTargetRange(startPos, endPos)
                --If character after word is a space, don't add one.
                if sSpace == ' ' then 
                editor:ReplaceTarget(str)
                else
                -- add a space so the lexing will work
                editor:ReplaceTarget(str..' ')
                end

local ncarretpos = startPos + str:len()

?

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• Developers

Will have a look, but am currently busy with another project....  thanks for your input!

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Next version of SciTE will be out soon (SciTE 5.3.9) with:

• Add "Drop Selection" to the context menu to deselect one piece of a multiple selection.
Add autocomplete.multi property to insert the autocompletion choice in all selections.
• For Windows, fix problem where tab bar disappeared. Bug #2347.
For Windows, set the file extension of a new file to the one shown in the "save as" file type when save.filter is set.

They were both pretty minor changes and Neil was willing to put them both in. The second one was a Mod I've put in many moons ago so can rip that out now. :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sounds great!

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Jos said:

Add "Drop Selection" to the context menu to deselect one piece of a multiple selection

I've been looking for this feature....

Spoiler