It's 2023 and there's still no solution to use transparent images in a gui? really?

First things first: I DID google. I did read the helpfiles. I spent like 2 days straight on finding a solution to use a transparent image (.gif or whatever is supported doesnt matter) in a Gui!

It's 2023 literally any programming language can do this, why do I have to use GDI+ in Autoit? Why is there not a style or extended style I can use to make my transparent image show up as it is in Autoit in a GUI Pic Control? It cant be that hard like really? I'm so dissapointed.. Maybe I'm just blind and missed something but I dont wanna use GDI+ for that purpose. So if anyone knows a way of doing it WITHOUT creating a separate transparent window above the control which is absolute bullsh_t then please let me know I need your help guys 

Hi @ihatejavascript97,

out of my perspective nobody should answer you until you come up with a little bit more respect for the language and the people behind.
So please calm down. Besides that, as you already mentioned, there is at least one way (by GDI+), to handle this.

Best regards
Sven

Update: I am also referring to this post of you and your "lovely" statement "autoit su--s" 😒 .

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

Just now, SOLVE-SMART said:

Hi @ihatejavascript97,

out of my perspective nobody should answer you until you come up with a little bit more respect for the language and the people behind.
So please calm down. Besides that, as you already mentioned, there is at least one way (by GDI+), to handle this.

Best regards
Sven

respect? I've respected this language when it came out and I've written thousands of programs with it since that day. I know every single function and I'm not hating on Autoit. I'm hating on the ignorance of the developer team because if you hit the google with my question there's hundreds of others asking the same stuff and NOT getting any help except answers like yours. I dont wanna be rude but I'm shocked there's not a solution until today!

• Jos locked this topic