Can i run a script remotly?

ioa747

Your link doesn't actually point to a script file. It points to a github page displaying a script file embedded within the page's html. Gonna be kind of hard to get that to run in AutoIt.

So it seems like you're either gonna need a way to parse that html page to extract the script contents from it, or you're gonna need a link that points directly to a script file. Then you might be able to accomplish something by downloading the script file to a temporary location on your computer and executing it from there.

Edited by TimRude

you have right   :oops:

;~ #include https://raw.githubusercontent.com/genius257/au3file/main/main.au3

;~ ;or
Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & https://raw.githubusercontent.com/genius257/au3file/main/main.au3 )

;~ ;or
Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & https://raw.githubusercontent.com/genius257/au3file/main/main.au3 & " " & $Param)

that's what I had in mind

I know that I know nothing

or how to use something like this in autoit

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol=[Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12;iex(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/genius257/au3file/main/main.au3')

Edited by ioa747

I don't think that would work in this way @ioa747. But I didn't try it because a common way of dealing with GitHub sources/repositories/projects is to "Fork" the repo and then work on the duplication on your local side. But it's indeed an interesting question in my opinion.

In case only one file of an external ressource is necessary it might working. When further dependencies are given within this single source files, I guess it wouldn't work. That's why things like npm or other package manager will give you the source of other repos also locally.

When I remember correct, there is already a package manager for AutoIt files available. Maybe Au3Pm or something similar. If you are interested in, you could check the collection list of guys who host UDFs and other AutoIt projects on GitHub. I'm almost sure, a package manager project is there too.

Best regards
Sven

Update: Yes it's au3pm by @genius257 here 😀 .

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

Hi @ioa747

The official AutoIt3 executable requires a file on disk to run. As far as i know it is not possible to make it run a stream of data, if it was you could download it in ram, and pipe it to the executable.

So you either download all the files before running, somewhere (temporary files directory example) or you try to find an unofficial working AutoIt3 parser and executor.

Edited by genius257

@Trong  you have right about the concept of remote scripting.  :)  Wrong expression!

@genius257I was impressed, I took a link example it was yours, @SOLVE-SMART suggested a program which was also yours,

and now you answer to the thread !! you look like a soul of AutoIt3 :)

Thank you all for explanation !

On 1/22/2023 at 8:27 AM, ioa747 said:

I don't actually need it,  Just food for thought  :huh2:

Edited by ioa747