Local manga server and reader

Github repository link: https://github.com/genius257/Manga

Long story short: I wanted a simple manga reader and this project also let me test my AutoIt3 HTTP server code with real usage.

This serves mostly as an example on how my AutoIt-HTTP-Server could be used for letting the browser handle all the UI.

It does work as a manga downloader and reader, but currently only supports taadd.

Steps to try it:

Download and extract repository: https://github.com/genius257/Manga/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

Open settings.ini and change Path under [AU3] to match your autoit installation folder (Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3). You can also change the Port under [core] if port 80 is occupied.

Run main.au3 and goto http://localhost (add your port if anything other than 80), or use the "Open in browser" option from the right click on the tray menu.

ScreenShot2024-04-19at23_25_01.png.7d1b70bd2683e215b0a7d41d1bd3f611.png

Edited by genius257

Hi @genius257

I downloaded and expanded the zip; I also adapted the .ini file but I am experiencing a certain slowness in loading the page. When the page loads it doesn't look like the one you posted and that error appears at the bottom right.

Spoiler

pP5eq7g.png

sometimes this other screen appears where it seems that some .css file is not found (?)

Spoiler

ZXmBeNh.png

after a few attempts to reload the page the web server seems to no longer respond and I have to restart it to reload the page again.

I also downloaded PHP and declared its path in the .ini file but the displayed screen appears to be the same.

Maybe I'm missing something (?) .... Thank you

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Hello. Nice to find another Otaku here 🤣

I'm getting similar issue like Chimp (Sorry I meant @Gianni 🙊) look my screenshot

image.thumb.png.d169453fcc75d6f60eec8b5db121e6f2.png

Saludos

Hi @Gianni and @Danyfirex :)

Sorry about the issues. What browser are you using? :)

I've primarily tested in Firefox, but i was able to reproduce loading issues when using Edge.

I have some non committed changes to the server script that seems to help with the issues, but I'll test a little first and then post an update, when it is fixed :)

The server can become unresponsive, when a request gets stuck in one of the fetching or pushing data loops. I had only experienced the issue in Firefox, if i did things like canceled my page requests abruptly, but other browsers seems to trigger this issue due to other reasons...🤔

5 hours ago, Gianni said:

I also downloaded PHP and declared its path in the .ini file but the displayed screen appears to be the same

Nothing in the manga project is using PHP files, so it should not affect anything, unless you add PHP files ;) But i understand why it's very unclear what is needed, especially when it does not work as advertised 😓

5 hours ago, Danyfirex said:

I'm getting similar issue like Chimp (Sorry I meant @Gianni 🙊) look my screenshot

Your result looks more correct :) The setttings page currently does look like that and simply creates toasts of different types, for me to validate.

The home page is initially empty, because you need to download a manga first

The api page: ScreenShot2024-04-20at20_08_07.png.a395aee3ee5cbc02739f869e5d388f83.png is used to download manga. On the API page you should see taadd as the only api listed. clicking taadd opens a modified taadd page. when clicking on a manga on this page, you will get the option to "subscribe" to it. This will start the manga service script and start downloading your files, and that manga will be added to the front page :)

I have made small changes to the server script, and the problems i could produce before seems to be fixed, please re-download and let me know if you have any issues :)

Hi @genius257

Thanks for the changes, now loading and running are smooth and stable on Edge too.

14 hours ago, genius257 said:

The home page is initially empty, because you need to download a manga first

The api page: ScreenShot2024-04-20at20_08_07.png.a395aee3ee5cbc02739f869e5d388f83.png is used to download manga. On the API page you should see taadd as the only api listed. clicking taadd opens a modified taadd page. when clicking on a manga on this page, you will get the option to "subscribe" to it. This will start the manga service script and start downloading your files, and that manga will be added to the front page :)

This part, however, continues to not work, the images do not appear on the home page even after going to "taadd", clicking on an image, then "subscribe" and seeing the string transformed into "subscribed" next to the image on "taadd".
Then returning to the home page there is no image, but only the string "Continue Reading"

...maybe I'm doing something wrong... (?)

P.S.

20 hours ago, Danyfirex said:

... like Chimp (Sorry I meant @Gianni 🙊

:D

Edited by Gianni

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

9 hours ago, Gianni said:

This part, however, continues to not work, the images do not appear on the home page even after going to "taadd", clicking on an image, then "subscribe" and seeing the string transformed into "subscribed" next to the image on "taadd".
Then returning to the home page there is no image, but only the string "Continue Reading"

...maybe I'm doing something wrong... (?)

When you subscribed to a manga, did a new tray icon apear image.png.d2ff870638a406bf556fd33cb12e7265.png or image.png.b48dfe7555ed30720a489c61a63d2623.png ?

If not then the manga service script did not start successfully 🤔

I cannot currently produce any errors even when using Edge, but i will check my code and maybe just add some better error reporting, just to help with troubleshooting ;)

HI @genius257

I simply did the tests by running the main.au3 script located in the "\Manga-main\" folder by starting it from the SciTE editor; in doing so I encounter the problems I mentioned in the previous post.

14 hours ago, genius257 said:

When you subscribed to a manga, did a new tray icon apear image.png.d2ff870638a406bf556fd33cb12e7265.png or image.png.b48dfe7555ed30720a489c61a63d2623.png ?

If not then the manga service script did not start successfully 🤔

... seems that the "manga service script" did not start ....

I tried to compile the \Manga-main\main.au3 script and before running it I manually started the main.au3 script located in the \Manga-main\mangaSvc\ folder.

By manually running both scripts at the same time then some image appears on the homepage after registering on "taadd" .....

... where, how and when should the "manga service script" start?

Thanks

21 hours ago, Gianni said:

... seems that the "manga service script" did not start ....

It is a problem with the service trying to be launched, and the current lack of error checking, for such an important part experience, I'm looking into improving this :)

21 hours ago, Gianni said:

... where, how and when should the "manga service script" start?

The script for the taadd API calls a function that is responsible for sending the subscribe request to the process and launching the service if not available, here https://github.com/genius257/Manga/blob/main/www/api/taadd.au3#L35

The function is called, when you navigate to the subscription request page, via the subscribe link on a manga.

The subscribe function is defined here: https://github.com/genius257/Manga/blob/main/mangaSvc/api.au3#L26