Autoit Screensaver

Onoitsu2

I have modified the screensaver with text that nwfu has made, and made it work with the windows display control panel, so you can use the right click options (Test, Configure, and Install) and then use the settings and preview buttons in the Display Control Panel, Screen Saver tab.

I have posted the .au3 file here, to install it, compile using BETA, and rename to a .scr extension, then right click and choose Install.

screensaver.au3

Here is the code as well...

; ===================================================
; Made By: nfwu
; Made to work as a windows screensaver by: Onoitsu2
; ===================================================
#NoTrayIcon
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$gSpeed   = (50)
$gFieldColor = (0)
;~ $gRandColor  = (1)
$gFontSize   = (25)
$gLabelWidth = $gFontSize * 40
$gLabelHeight = $gFontSize * 12
$message = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","Message")
$gRandColor = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","RColor")
$direction = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","Direction")
If $message = "" Then $message = "AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant."
If $gRandColor = "" Then $gRandColor = 0
If $direction = "" Then $direction = 0
Func SaverWindow($nWidth, $nHeight, $nLeft, $nTop, $hParent = 0)
    MouseMove($nWidth + 1, $nHeight + 1, 0)
    $mPos = MouseGetPos() 
    $hGUI = GUICreate("", $nWidth, $nHeight, $nLeft, $nTop, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $hParent)
    GUISetBkColor($gFieldColor)
    Local $labelx = Random(0, $nWidth), $labely = Random(0, $nHeight)

Local $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ( $message, $labelx, $labely, $gLabelWidth, $gLabelHeight)

if $gRandColor Then GUICtrlSetColor ( $label, "0x"&hex(Random(0,254,1),2)&hex(Random(0,254,1),2)&hex(Random(0,254,1),2))
    if NOT $gRandColor Then GUICtrlSetColor ( $label, 0xFFFFFF)
    GUICtrlSetFont ($label, $gFontSize )

GUISetState()

While 1
        $msg = GuiGetMsg()
        $mcPos = MouseGetPos()
        If $mPos[0] <> $mcPos[0] or $mPos[1] <> $mcPos[1] or $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
            GUIDelete($hGUI)
            Return
        EndIf
        If $direction = 0 Then
        $labelx = $labelx + 5
        If $labelx > $nWidth Then
            if $gRandColor Then GUICtrlSetColor ( $label, "0x"&hex(Random(0,254,1),2)&hex(Random(0,254,1),2)&hex(Random(0,254,1),2))
            $labelx = $nLeft - ($gLabelWidth / 2)
        EndIf
        Elseif $direction = 1 Then
        $labelx = $labelx - 5
        If $labelx < $nLeft - $gLabelWidth Then
            $labelx = $nWidth + ($gLabelWidth / 2)
            $labely = Random(0, $nHeight)
        EndIf
        EndIf
        GUICtrlSetPos ( $label, $labelx, $labely )
        Sleep(50 - $gSpeed)
    WEnd
EndFunc
Func setmessage()
    $sMessageAnswer = InputBox("Message to Display?","Message you want the screensaver to display?",$message," M","-1","-1","-1","-1")
Select
   Case @Error = 0;OK - The string returned is valid
$message = $sMessageAnswer
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","Message","REG_SZ",$message)
   Case @Error = 1;The Cancel button was pushed
   Case @Error = 3;The InputBox failed to open
   EndSelect
$iRColorAnswer = MsgBox(4,"Random Color?","Do you want the message to be a randomly generated color?" & @CRLF & "If NO it will be White")
Select
   Case $iRColorAnswer = 6;Yes
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","RColor","REG_SZ",1)
   Case $iRColorAnswer = 7;No
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","RColor","REG_SZ",0)
EndSelect
$iDirectionAnswer = MsgBox(4,"Text Direction?","Do You Want The Text To Move TO The Right?" & @CRLF & "NO Makes Text Come In From The Right TO The Left.")
Select
   Case $iDirectionAnswer = 6;Yes
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","Direction","REG_SZ",0)
   Case $iDirectionAnswer = 7;No
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoItSCR","Direction","REG_SZ",1)
EndSelect

EndFunc

if $cmdline[0] > 0 Then
    if $cmdline[1] = "/S" Then
        SaverWindow(@DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0)
    Exit
    ElseIf StringMid($cmdline[1],1,3) = "/c:" Then
        setmessage()
    ElseIf $cmdline[1] = "/p" Then
    EndIf
Elseif $cmdline[0] = 0 Then
setmessage()
EndIf

Please post your comments and improvments, and PLEASE test this rigorously.

Laterzzz,

Onoitsu2

EDIT: Changed Code To Allow Text To Come In From Left OR Right, AND To Allow For Random Colors...

As always please post comments.

Edited by Onoitsu2

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]

it works but i'd like to note that before installing, make sure the .scr file has no space in the filename or it doesn't work.

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

If you choose a white color instead of random, it WILL choose a random color the first time the text scrolls, then go to white like it should.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

It's a good job :think: but as true screensaver it must react (end) when every mouse/keyboard event occurs.

So there is missing handle such things like for example: mouse click, Alt+Tab, ...

Look at GUIRegisterMsg() or SystemParametersInfo (SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, ...)

Obviously this is far from being done, but it is a good example of hot to install a script as a screensaver, the only necessary part is the area that looks at the command line switches, as you can make this do anything as a screensaver, from a script that auto defrags, to one that auto downloads things when it is active, whatever you wish to code it would do it and windows and possible the end user would be none the wiser.

Heck I can even make this "Screensaver" run another screensaver and then do its tasks in the background, so you elect the favorite screensaver file, then it does whatever it has been programmed to do, so it can be sort of an idle utility.

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]

If you choose a white color instead of random, it WILL choose a random color the first time the text scrolls, then go to white like it should.

I for some odd reason have not been able to trap that problem, and also I am having problems with an addition I have just tried, using the _ChooseColor function, I have it now where if you choose NO to random it prompts with a color select box, only problem is the program is not using the color I have set, no clue why, because my checks for if random is on or off work, but it is ALWAYS random, and I have no idea why, I even msgboxed the variables read from the registry to check them, and still nothing.

This is going to take me a while to fix, and the first one being random as well...

Laterzzz,

Onoitsu2