Web-based AutoIt! - New with AuCGI!

theguy0000

Wow, that's incredibly strange. I know for sure that page worked yesterday.

It just broke itself. I am 100% sure it worked yesterday. I went to the page right before i left, and it worked. Left for a friend's house, slept there, came back, and it didn't work. Nothing had changed, and nobody even knows the password to my computer except the friend whose house I was at, so no one touched anything.

What the heck happened lol

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

i fixed it...spaces magically appeared between the ? and the <> in <?au3 and ?>

gonna have to keep an eye on that...make sure AuCGI isn't somehow changing the source file...

edit: as a side note, I've noticed that, at least on my computer, AuCGI doesn't affect the speed of web scripts at all! Good news, but so far only tested on small scripts...if anyone has something large they want to try, I'd love it...

Also @bert, any news on Apache?

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Ok... Now I'm getting somewhere with Apache... I create a .htaccess in the htdocs root dir, and it seems to do the job, now if i use the following code in my test.auw i get an error:

Code

#!D:\AuCGI.exe
##WebApp title="hmm"
Hello. Your IP is <?au3 echo ($_REMOTE_ADDR) ?>!

Error

No ##WebApp Definition

I can't wait till this works!

If I switch the top 2 lines in the code, then apache calls an error in the CGI script...

Edited by Bert

yeah, the shebang line has to go on the top no matter what, so switching them won't work.

try to go to the web page with your browser, then show me the whole source of @TempDir\AuCGI\test.auw

@bert: edit: on second thought, forget that. What I want you to do is, replace your AuCGI with this version: http://www.theguy0000.com/bert/AuCGI.exe

What that will do is give you two message boxes when you try to go to your web page, but the contents are copied to your clipboard. Just click ok on both, then paste your clipboard here and show me what it says. That should help me track down the problem.

I think the problem is that the Shebang isn't being removed properly. Hopefully this can help me fix it though.

Edited by theguy0000

yeah, the shebang line has to go on the top no matter what, so switching them won't work.

try to go to the web page with your browser, then show me the whole source of @TempDir\AuCGI\test.auw

@bert: edit: on second thought, forget that. What I want you to do is, replace your AuCGI with this version: http://www.theguy0000.com/bert/AuCGI.exe

What that will do is give you two message boxes when you try to go to your web page, but the contents are copied to your clipboard. Just click ok on both, then paste your clipboard here and show me what it says. That should help me track down the problem.

I think the problem is that the Shebang isn't being removed properly. Hopefully this can help me fix it though.

#!C:\AuCGI.exe(CR)(LF)Hello.(SP)Your(SP)IP(SP)is(SP)<?au3(SP)echo(SP)($_REMOTE_ADDR)(SP)?>!

------------------

#!C:\AuCGI.exe(CR)(LF)Hello.(SP)Your(SP)IP(SP)is(SP)<?au3(SP)echo(SP)($_REMOTE_ADDR)(SP)?>!

I changed the location.... just to a different drive :) mmmmmmmm.......

------------------

I changed the location.... just to a different drive :) mmmmmmmm.......

try the same thing with this one: http://www.theguy0000.com/bert/AuCGI.exe

edit: for the record, and from an msn convo, the results of this:

------------------

edit: also for the record, ##WebApp wasn't in there at all, so here are Bert's results with it in:

#!C:\AuCGI.exe(CR)(LF)##WebApp(CR)(LF)Hello.(SP)Your(SP)IP(SP)is(SP)<?au3(SP)echo(SP)($_REMOTE_ADDR)(SP)?>!

------------------

#!C:\AuCGI.exe(CR)(LF)##WebApp(CR)(LF)Hello.(SP)Your(SP)IP(SP)is(SP)<?au3(SP)echo(SP)($_REMOTE_ADDR)(SP)?>!

Edited by theguy0000

Update 24 September 2007

Now compatible with Apache!

AuCGI is now tested and does work on Apache! *applause*

turns out it was just because of a horribly stupid mistake. lol

*updated AuCGI.exe* (click)

Thanks bert!

Edited by theguy0000

Very nice job!!!!

Strange thing happened to the use of api s

Dllcall used in previous webparser and compiled scripts:

DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureScreen", "str", "C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\au3\screenshots\dump_full.jpg", "int", 15)

This does not work anymore, because the standard calling method for DllCall is

Edited by Creator

......because the standard calling method for DllCall is stdcall and AuCGI in a strange way expects the calling method to be cdecl.

This fixes things:

DllCall("captdll.dll", "int:cdecl", "CaptureScreen", "str", "C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\au3\screenshots\dump_full.jpg", "int", 15)

Its no problem really, but i thought you might be interested in this calling method switch.

Once again *APPLAUSE* ... this is truly usable :)

Great for making it work for apache(StringRight is a b*tch :) ). I myself only used apache to host my cgiproxy script to circumvent surfcontrol at work and needed SSL. But since abyss 2.5 has full SSL support, both my au3 websites and cgiproxy script are running on it. Main advantage for abyss over apache is the GUI. But i bet the apache lovers are going beserk on the fact that apache can interprete autoitscripts :P

Thanks Creator!

of course, now every script onmy entire website is now broken except cool.auw, so don't bother trying to use any theguy0000.com/*.auw script. That means you, person who kept trying to go to upload.auw

I have absolutely no experience in IIS.

AuCGI is configured for standard CGI interfacae, nothing else. If IIS can't use standard cgi, then this won't work on it.

If you really think it's necessary, I could do some research and figure it out, but do that many people really need AutoIt with IIS?

@theguy0000

I would appreciate this enormously if you can figure it out how to run it on IIS.

This would create a bigger userbase that would be able to use you your AuCGI efforts.

This is what I found so far relating to the CGI config on IIS :

Configuring CGI Applications

Internet Information Services supports CGI applications. This topic provides administrative information on installing and configuring CGI applications on the Web server. For general information on programming CGI applications, refer to Microsoft's MSDN Online Library.

CGI programs are executed when the Web server receives a URL that contains the CGI program name and any parameters required by the program. If your CGI program is compiled into an executable (.exe) file, you must give the directory that contains the program Execute permission so that users can run the program. If your CGI program is written as a script, for example a Perl script, then you can give the directory either Execute permission or Script permission. To use Script permission, the script interpreter must be marked as a script engine.

If you are considering developing new CGI applications, Microsoft provides several alternatives that you should explore. For faster execution, consider developing an ISAPI extension instead. For ease of development, consider developing an ASP application. ASP is particularly attractive for new programmers or scripters because it handles many of the chores traditionally associated with writing CGI applications, such as parsing HTTP headers. For more information, see Active Server Pages.

To install and configure CGI applications:

Set up a directory for your CGI programs. For extra security, you should separate your CGI programs from your content files. You do not need to name the directory Cgi-bin, although you can do so if you want. See Creating Virtual Directories.

If your CGI programs are scripts, obtain and install the appropriate script interpreter. For example, to run Perl scripts, you must obtain a Perl interpreter.

The Windows operating systems do not provide versions of Perl, SED, or AWK. Theses interpreters can be obtained from third-party developers.

If your CGI programs are .exe files, give the directory Execute permissions. If your CGI programs are scripts, you can give the directory either Execute or Script permission. See Access Control.

If you choose Script permission, you must mark the script interpreter as a script engine in the property sheets for the directory. Only interpreters that are marked as script engines are allowed to execute in the directory. Executable files (.dll and .exe files) cannot be directly executed; that is, a browser request cannot launch an executable file on the Web server by including the program name in the URL. Enabling Script permission with the Script Engine option allows you to safely put content files (such as .htm or .gif files) in the same directory as your CGI scripts. Content files are displayed in the browser and scripts are executed, but no one can run an unauthorized program nor are script commands displayed in the browser.

I tried it but no success so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

ptrex

Amazing...absolutely amazing...this as I am sure you kno is extremely revolutionary to our community..can't wait to build components for my intranet....no longer will I have to keep up with a billion sets of config info..it will all be in one place...by god this is as good as CSS and XML!

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy