RagnaroktA

Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

Sorry, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but where is compinfo.au3? It wasn't in the source or the includes... I commented out the line that needs it and tried to compile... I also seem to be missing c:\windows\system32\mfc71d.dll

That include is in my signature. It is my library. He said that he modified some of the functions to better fit his needs so he may have a modified version.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That include is in my signature. It is my library. He said that he modified some of the functions to better fit his needs so he may have a modified version.

JS

I do infact have a modified version. I just moved my development library, and I'm updating the files now. I'm currently working on a batch print wizard for some people in our finance department, so I'll upload the new files when I get a chance, and post here.

microsoft - what problems are you having?

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

there is some syntax errors in ExcelCom.au3, RAS.au3 that i have downloaded....

What errors are you getting? I'll correct them in the update I'm working on.

Gmail - The two line tabs is actually a Tab Style called $TCS_MULTILINE. Check it out here in the documentation.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

i was first impressed by the spectacular gui but when i tried it i realized that half (if not more) buttons wont work!, i tried it on computers and mine but yet most buttons wont do anything, and sometimes it lags and i have to quit it using taskman.

im i doing something wrong?

i was first impressed by the spectacular gui but when i tried it i realized that half (if not more) buttons wont work!, i tried it on computers and mine but yet most buttons wont do anything, and sometimes it lags and i have to quit it using taskman.

No, you're not doing anything wrong. I'm more focused right now on making the application functional on the back end. The Toolbar menu is non functional at the moment, although all of the things you will be able to do there, are currently available in the menus themselves. I will make the toolbar functional when I decide what plugins/features will be in the final release.

This is not uncommom. I often build a GUI with the controls that I know I will need but don't get them functional until the actual code is written. This makes it easier to work on the GUI layout. I do however include a function that will return a "This feature is not currently available" message if the control is clicked.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Download links are down - files removed???

Could someone please post new links.

I would love to have a look at this tool, it will save me some heartache :P

Is this project dead too?

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Is this project dead too?

taurus905

Have a look at the pstools front end Here

It can do most of this as well as loads more (with a bit of code)

Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the links are back up. I'll try to check on this page as often as I can, and I'll prep the latest and greatest for public release. I'm still working out a few small bugs.

RagnaroktA,

I noticed that on the left list window you have 2 tabs, 1 for the computer list and the other that speaks of 'container' and 'online' and 'offline' machines. If I right click in this window one of the options is 'Spreadecify Machine', I assume this is a spelling mistake. If not, what does this function do?

Any news on the latest and greatest version you are doing? Have you done all the functions now or are there still some missing?

Is the snapshot plugin still available? There is no download link on the first page for it anymore.

Cheers and Speak soon.

Rochey

Edited by Rochey

RagnaroktA,

I noticed that on the left list window you have 2 tabs, 1 for the computer list and the other that speaks of 'container' and 'online' and 'offline' machines. If I right click in this window one of the options is 'Spreadecify Machine', I assume this is a spelling mistake. If not, what does this function do?

Any news on the latest and greatest version you are doing? Have you done all the functions now or are there still some missing?

Is the snapshot plugin still available? There is no download link on the first page for it anymore.

Cheers and Speak soon.

Rochey

Ha! Good eye Rochey. That's a spelling mistake to be sure. I'm not exactly sure how it happened either. It should be Specify Machine, allowing you to input the name of a machine rather than have it scan the network. In the latest version, the toolbar is working (got lots of complaints on that one), I've created the Ping tool that will allow you to ping machines to determine latency and availability (it also works stand alone), and I've fixed several back-end bugs. Again, if there's a feature/tool that would make this more useful now, let me know what it is (either planned or unplanned) and I'll start work on it for the next release. I always appreciate the ideas, and welcome challanges.

Snapshot is still planned, but I've been trying to get out the other plugins first. I've got the basic functionality ready, but I havent begun designing the GUI. If this would be more useful to you, let me know and I'll start working on it.

Edited by RagnaroktA

Have you a place for the other plugins? The only things that I have tried are the 2 that are downloadable on the first page (the Remote suite and the Settings transfer).

Have you made it so that the suite and functions do not write to the registry? same for the plugins, do they write to registry anywhere?

I ask because I think that this would be a much sort after tool on 'portableapps.com'.

Is the latestest version available yet? I used the one from the first page yesturday and the top function buttons don't work. You mention that you have fixed this. Any idea when it will be out?

Cheers again Rochey