Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

Here's the plan:

Since I put this project down (in favor of a rapidly advancing career), quite a bit has changed with new releases of AutoIt that will require alot of changes to the script. I'll have a ton of downtime over the holidays to work on this while I'm watching progress bars. I'll get to work updating it, upload the files again, and start working on getting the remaining tabs working well. Any suggestions are welcome, and by all means, give me an order in which you'd like to see the project finished!

What tabs should take priority? What missing functions are most needed?

JS, glad to see you're still around. Is there an updated version of your UDF? If so, I'll need to get ahold of it and modify RAS. We'll work this out one way or another. Glad to see there's still an interest.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw this Example Script in the forum I was very excited to review it, but none of the links worked, so I haven't been able to see what work you've done to date; but I've seen enough great comments about it (and your description of the project when you initially posted) to know I will most definitely use it! :-)

I look forward to seeing the updated project!!!

Here's the plan:

Since I put this project down (in favor of a rapidly advancing career), quite a bit has changed with new releases of AutoIt that will require alot of changes to the script. I'll have a ton of downtime over the holidays to work on this while I'm watching progress bars. I'll get to work updating it, upload the files again, and start working on getting the remaining tabs working well. Any suggestions are welcome, and by all means, give me an order in which you'd like to see the project finished!

What tabs should take priority? What missing functions are most needed?

JS, glad to see you're still around. Is there an updated version of your UDF? If so, I'll need to get ahold of it and modify RAS. We'll work this out one way or another. Glad to see there's still an interest.

Roger O."When people show you who they are, believe them.” --Mark Twain

Would anyone happen to have a .zipped unmodified copy of this program (like if I were to download it)?

I got your PM, and was just about to respond to it, but I will do so here. The version that I have as a developer isn't up to be released, and it definitely hasn't been updated to the latest compiler. I wont be able to hand it out without permission from Rag.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Alright, the links on the front page are back up. I'm not sure if that source works for the current build, as I havent yet had a chance to look at it. Please let me know what features need to be built out first.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

just to give my support: I have been using autoIT for a little over a year now, more and more in the recent months.

I actually just found this project and remember a similar commercial tool and found it to be an amazing tool, too bad it was too expensive even though it worked great at my school.

I looked at the source and the executable and feel that you guys are writing an amazing piece of software and thumbs up to all of those that are working on it!

lastly if there is any way i can help let me know... while i am an IT guy and have some minor experience in scripting i have no real experience "real" software development

but again Great Job for what you have done

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the links on the front page are back up. I'm not sure if that source works for the current build, as I havent yet had a chance to look at it. Please let me know what features need to be built out first.

Hi RagnaroktA,

Just to give you a list of the things that I would like to see. In order of what I would like them;

1, The Network Tab to work with info such as Ip, Default GW, DNS and DHCP.

2, The Event Logs tab to work. Can this be changed to an Event Viewer equivilent? showing both Event logs and Sys logs.

3, Remote Control to work. Doing a simple RDP session.

4, Top menu buttons to work.

5, Get rid of the Registry entries that this makes so that it is completely portable and leaves no trace.

6, Processes tab to have the ability to Kill a process incase end task doesn't work.

7, Services tab to have the ability to change the "Log On" for the service.

8, Information on the Hardware Tab. Not sure what it does (maybe a Device Manager View).

9, Information on the Software Tab. Not sure what it does.

10, Information on the Users and Groups.

Hope this helps as a starter. i look forward to your progress.

Rochey

• 2 weeks later...

Rag,

Thanks for getting this back up. Hopefully both you and I will find time to update our libraries/applications for the betterment of the community. I have and still am quite excited by your application!

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talk about Necroing posts...

Many of the bugs will be fixed in the new version, and you will also have the option of specifying credentials. All of this is planned, and once we get the GUI worked out, it will be implimented. Keep the suggestions coming!

The reason Admin Tool crashed there, is usually related to the WMI service on the target machine. If for whatever reason WMI cannot be contacted, it bugs out. In the new version, I'm also going to try to include a way to search for the information from the machines registry. It will also have improved error checking.

I worked on that for A LONG time. I have 4000+ computers that I poll for information on a weekly basis, and having the script hang up at 2800 was aggravating. So far, I have found only ONE real solution.

$Locator = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
$Service = $Locator.ConnectServer($strPCName, "root/cimv2", "", "", "", "", 128)

If IsObj($Service) Then
; Test to see if the WMI Service is behaving
    $psscmd = " \\" & $strPCName & " query winmgmt"
    $WMITest = Run($psservice & $psscmd, "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
    $pss_check = ProcessWaitClose($WMITest, 128)
    If $pss_check = 1 Then

; do your WMI Stuff here :D

Else
    ProcessClose($WMITest)
    $WMIReport = "WMI Locked Up"

EndIf

This launches PSService as a totally separate process, then watches to see if that process closes - as it should - within two minutes. IF the process doesn't close, then we know WMI is hosed up at the moment and would hang the script for eternity - so we close the external process (which is not working on my scripts, actually) and move on to the next computer. I used the minimize so that if psservice is really hung up, I can still come back and close the cmd window manually.

This works, as the script will only hang for 2 min. instead of eternity, but I think it is a bit "messy".

If you know of ANY other, cleaner way to do it, please let me know. :)

Edited by Graywalker

• 1 month later...

Anyone figure out this error when populating the general / all tabs?

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\RASExecutable\RAS.exe"):

$nMemory = $objItem.Capacity & "MB"

$nMemory = ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

OK

AutoIt Error

$nMemory = ^ ERROR

OK

AutoIt Error

$nMemory = ^ ERROR

OK

looks like your trying to compile the source with the latest autoit ...

there is an OPT that turns off require declare variables ... but i just can't remmember what it is at this point in time ...

hope this points you in the right direction

ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...don't ask, and remain a fool for life__JD - YTS | VNC2Me - Secure remote Desktop Support Solutions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

• 1 month later...

Hello RagnaroktA

I am a French user of AutoIt, and I speak too much English. So I apologize for my poor English.

I was really Services interested in your script. Also you provide the source.

But since it is outdated and I would like you, or someone else on this forum to update it because it interesant of how the program is built. Especially on such a big program.

Thank you. TheDJSIR

• 2 years later...

The original poster of this hasn't been on here in nearly 2 years, you will probably not get an answer.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator