API Constants

GaryFrost

These are the needed DLL's that need to be in the system folder.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/SmOke_N/Needed%20DLLs.zip

@Gary, I'm going to run into the same problem with mine, guess I'll check for system and do a fileinstall.

With these DLL's is the same effect --> nothing.

Note that in this ZIP is not gdiplus.dll mentioned earlier.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Oops, I'm sorry!

Here, I uploaded it... damn that file is big.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oops, I'm sorry!

Here, I uploaded it... damn that file is big.

Updated my download, your not kidding that's a hefty file.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

This is a great little applet.

Would anyone like some Office VBA constants to go with their API constants? :)

Those of you who like to automate MS Office applications (I do this every day) might find these handy:

Toss the .au3 files from my attached .zip into the \Constants subdirectory of this tool and you'll have 99% of the constants used in Excel and Word VBA.

I'm still working on the PowerPoint constants, if anyone is interested in those.

Take note that if you use my constants files, you might consider renaming the applet to "MS Constants" instead of "API Constants."

-S

Office_Constants.zip

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Ok here's a test script with a search as you type of the current constant file that is open.

Not sure I like, but let me know what you think.

Gary

Edited by gafrost

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Your script was working great for me but for somereason now I get this:

C:\Documents and Settings\-\Desktop\APIConstants.au3 (193) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:

If $DebugIt Then _DebugPrint("OnAutoItExit")

If ^ ERROR

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Gary, take your original version, load a file up and then click inside the list-view. Now type the name of a symbol.

Now my question is, what's the "Search" feature supposed to do that isn't already natively supported by a list-view control? As best I can tell, you can only type a symbol in the search box and then wait forever while it's jumped to in the list-view.

If partial matches are not supposed to work, then you can probably just reflect the input from the edit control to the list-view control with ControlSend() so that the native list-view keystroke handling code can show the correct entry "on-the-fly". Of course that is a bit redundant since typing directly into the list-view works, too.

Edit: Here's an example using the reflection method. Type into the "Search" box and watch the list-view move. If you stop typing into a list-view control for a couple seconds, it resets it's internal typing state so it will start beeping at you.

Edit 2: Removed attachement.

Edited by Valik

Gary, take your original version, load a file up and then click inside the list-view. Now type the name of a symbol.

Now my question is, what's the "Search" feature supposed to do that isn't already natively supported by a list-view control? As best I can tell, you can only type a symbol in the search box and then wait forever while it's jumped to in the list-view.

If partial matches are not supposed to work, then you can probably just reflect the input from the edit control to the list-view control with ControlSend() so that the native list-view keystroke handling code can show the correct entry "on-the-fly". Of course that is a bit redundant since typing directly into the list-view works, too.

Edit: Here's an example using the reflection method. Type into the "Search" box and watch the list-view move. If you stop typing into a list-view control for a couple seconds, it resets it's internal typing state so it will start beeping at you.

@Valik:

Your correct, I was thinking in terms of a fuzzy search (the type of searches I'm used to creating, even tho this one wasn't a fuzzy search), but that shouldn't be needed in this case.

Removed the test script no need for it. currently what's up on the 1st post should be good for now.

@Anyone

Any comments/suggestions for improvements please feel free to post.

Thanks,

Gary

Edited by gafrost

Sorry guys, it was because I was running it twice

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Gary very nice! :) Thanks.

I think this could be included in Scite4AutoIt3.

Under Combo could be Edit for filtering listview - here you can type for example "lvm_"

Little problem: Your skinned version is not working on WIN98 - when it loads nothing appears (whole app is invisible)

As Valik pointed out one of the features of a listview (one I had forgotten about) this isn't needed.

Just click in the listview then type lvm_

Gary

This is a great little applet.

Would anyone like some Office VBA constants to go with their API constants? :)

Those of you who like to automate MS Office applications (I do this every day) might find these handy:

Toss the .au3 files from my attached .zip into the \Constants subdirectory of this tool and you'll have 99% of the constants used in Excel and Word VBA.

I'm still working on the PowerPoint constants, if anyone is interested in those.

Take note that if you use my constants files, you might consider renaming the applet to "MS Constants" instead of "API Constants."

-S

If the users wish to add these and others to the folder that's up to them, as to Renaming the project, no I don't think so. This is something that some of us will more than likely use almost on a daily basis for what I wrote it for.

Just plain got tired of converting constants all the time for my dll calls and events.

Thanks,

Gary

Super. I didn't know about that functionality in standard ListView.

Unfortunatelly it has problem with char "_", but it's not so important.

I take it your running this on Win98SE?

I don't have any problem with "_" in WinXP Pro SP2

No, currently I'm trying it on WINXP Pro SP2 at work and "_" really is not working.

Just tried it here at work, don't have a problem with "_"

I selected the L file

then typed "lvm_" on the listview

it selected

LVM_APPROXIMATEVIEWRECT

On my keyboard (Czech and also on English) I must use Shift for "_".

Do you have some direct key (without Shift) for it?

I do the same Shift + _