5 button mouse

chie

In the browser if u have mouse with 5 buttons, many sites allow u move forward or backwards after u have pressed 1 of the extra buttons. But unfortunatley u cant click on browser Forward button because its not active.

I searched the help file & forum but i was unable to find the answer.

The code is simple: all it must do is to click mouse button nr4 to move forward in the browser window

HotKeySet("{numpadsub}", "Begin")   

Func Begin()
send("{BROWSER_FORWARD}")  ; should click mouse button nr4.  
EndFunc

Can someone help me out hire?

EDIT: THis should work but its not working :whistle:

Edited by chie

In the browser if u have mouse with 5 buttons, many sites allow u move forward or backwards after u have pressed 1 of the extra buttons. But unfortunatley u cant click on browser Forward button because its not active.

I searched the help file & forum but i was unable to find the answer.

The code is simple: all it must do is to click mouse button nr4 to move forward in the browser window

Func Begin()
MouseClick(Button nr.4)  ; should click mouse button nr4.
EndFunc

Can someone help me out hire?

Mouseclick should contain one of these strings

"left", "right", "middle", "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary"

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Mouseclick should contain one of these strings

After testing it I came to conclusion:

Func Begin()
send("{BROWSER_FORWARD}")  ; Selects Forward button
send("{enter}")                          ; & then hits enter on it & next page is displayed.
EndFunc

YEs this is all nice but this only works if u have already visited next page! But what im talking hire is the fact that I can move forward to new page if i hit my mouse button nr.4 even if i havent vidited nex page before.

Now the question is how to make it happen & is it possible at all?

Are you telling us that if you have not gone back in history, that this "magical mouse function" sends you to some random page on the internet?

I want one of them "Magical Mouse Functions" :whistle:

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

I want one of them "Magical Mouse Functions" :whistle:

Make sure MF is asleep before you use it ;):P;)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Make sure MF is asleep before you use it :P;):whistle:

No no its not magical button. Look the 2 extra button functions are if pressed, to move Baxk & forward. They are wery useful & are saving insane amount of time. Not all but many sites on internet allow u to move to next page if u press that mouse button which moves you forward. Instead of cliking on next page link. Like this you can move even on the next page even if u havent visited it before ( like this u can wery easily browse all pictures(1 aftr 1) in a gallery just by pressing 1 mouse button, instead searching for next page link, because Next button in a browser is not ACTIVE YET since u havent visited the page before. )

What is MF ?

Edited by chie

I think there trying to say, How is:

BROWSER_FORWARD

supposed to make the button click? or "mimic" the button being clicked? That would just type "BROWSER_FORWARD" to the active window Oo

EDIT::

Sorry, didnt see the {}

Edited by AzKay
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I think there trying to say, How is:

BROWSER_FORWARD

supposed to make the button click? or "mimic" the button being clicked? That would just type "BROWSER_FORWARD" to the active window Oo

Ic. but its not working anyway I tried already.(Well it works but only if u have already visited the page!!!! & thats the problem result is same like Pressinf X button on opera) be my guest(I can put sleep hire but its totally useless hire!)

& page to test :

http://www.wincustomize.com/Skins.aspx?Lib...&advanced=1

HotKeySet("{space}", "Begin")   

Func Begin()
    sleep(1000)
         send("{BROWSER_FORWARD}")  ; should click mouse button nr4.  FORWARD
EndFunc

; Need to keep the program running until you press the hotkey
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Edited by chie

But if i press my mouse button nr4 it works! it moves to next page.

open up the mouse options and see what that button is assigned

My 5 button mouse

has:

Left Button: Click (default)

Right Button: Right Click (default)

Wheel Button: Next Window (default)

Outside Left Button: Back (default)

Outside Right Button: Forward (browser)(default)

open up the mouse options and see what that button is assigned

My 5 button mouse

has:

Wheel Button: Next Window (default)

I dont really understand how this info should be helpful to find the solution to this problem...

My 5 button mouse

has:

Wheel Button: Scroll page up /down (default)

Its all default win XP mouse options, I dont have any extra mouse software or drivers installed. XP found drives & set assignment itcelf.

if interested this is the mouse im using.:

http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=14178

PS: if someone thinks this mouse looks cool & want to get it I suggest u look first how it would feel when u hold it in your hands, because this mouse is for people for wery big hands & long fingers.

Its all default win XP mouse options, I dont have any extra mouse software or drivers installed. XP found drives & set assignment itcelf.

This would be impossible. If it was true, then every 5-button mouse would work this way without any additional drivers or programs. This, however, is not the case because I am daily around Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical mice (they also have 5 buttons) in the business I work for. No drivers are used with these mouse, and yet they do not exibit the behavior you describe.
Who else would I be?

This would be impossible. If it was true, then every 5-button mouse would work this way without any additional drivers or programs. This, however, is not the case because I am daily around Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical mice (they also have 5 buttons) in the business I work for. No drivers are used with these mouse, and yet they do not exibit the behavior you describe.

Well I dunno about microsoft mouses but what i know is:

1)Im using Win xp

2)THis trust mouse works that way!

3)I also had my logitech mouse with 5 buttons & it also worked without any previously installed software or drivers & had same functions.

4)it worked this way already when I finished Win xp install. as u see no updated or anything were installed & those functions were there. There is nothing more i can say since it simply works, i dunno why. & if i use autiolt script then it is not working.!

I dont really see what the problem is.. You want your mouse button 4 to simulate the "Next page" button? Does the typical mouse properties layout not do this for you?

Does the button not go to the next page, or are you trying to change what that button does?

And I think the word you are looking for is Plug and Play, it doesnt take a driver and works just being plugged in (Unless your the unlucky people who have named it Plug and Pray :whistle: )

Well that might just be for monitors and some printers maybe, not really sure about mouses because they all are like that. I have one on my other computer with the forward/back buttons. It worked fine and I could change how it worked through control panel/mouse properties

Edited by Rad

I dont really see what the problem is.. You want your mouse button 4 to simulate the "Next page" button? Does the typical mouse properties layout not do this for you?

OK let me explane it 1 more time. I want the script to do following (the topic has went in wrong direction....):

I start the script & then it will simply constantly hit Forward button.()thats it. The script hire works only if u have proviosly visited the (NEXT) page & then u pressed several times back! But if u havent visited the (NEXT) page yet, the script wont work! (But if i press my mouse Forward button then the browser displays the (NExt) page(Even if i havent visited it yet) & This is the problem. I cant make the script to go to next page if i havent visited it yet!

HotKeySet("{space}", "Begin")   

Func Begin()
while 1
    sleep(1000)
         send("{BROWSER_FORWARD}")  ; should click mouse button nr4.  FORWARD
WEnd 
EndFunc

; Need to keep the program running until you press the hotkey
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd