Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SleepyXtreme

Newbie Helper

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Newbie Helper

I created this program for people who come to the forum knowing nothing and asking silly questions that are answered in the help file.

Might want to sticky this as a before you post topic :shocked:

NewbieHelper.exe

Edited by SleepyXtreme

Newbie Helper

I created this program for people who come to the forum knowing nothing and asking silly questions that are answered in the help file.

Might want to sticky this as a before you post topic :(

All I see that it does is display a few message boxes, and if AutoIt is installed, but isn't in \Program Files\AutoIt3\, then displays that it isn't installed. In case anybody wanted the source:

$var = DriveGetDrive( "FIXED" )
If NOT @error Then
for $x = 1 to $var[0]
If FileExists($var[$x]&"\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm") Then
    ShellExecute($var[$x]& "\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm","","","",@SW_MAXIMIZE)
    WinWait("AutoIt Help")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","Use this wonderful tool to assist you in writing your code. It has EVERYTHING you will need to know in the short run. If you become familiar with it and still have questions, post on the forums.")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","I would suggest, if you are new to AutoIt, that you start on the left side at Using AutoIt. Go down the list and read/skim through about the different functions/methods/syntaxs of AutoIt.")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","Once you finish the once-over of the Help File, try some of the examples included in it")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","To access the Help File go to Start>Program Files>AutoIt>AutoIt Help File")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","And before I forget, Welcome to the world of AutoIt!")
Else
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","You have to install AutoIt before running this program")

EndIf
Next
EndIf

And BTW, this should be in example scripts. But otherwise good job :shocked:

well i said put it in here cause this is where everyone goes for help.... no one who's looking for help goes looking in example scripts.

Bump! STICKY PLEASE :shocked: Maybe????

I don't think this is gonna get sticky.

Maybe you can make it so it auto checks pos and click control and show an example like a video.

May be if it is as good as Autoit 123 (by Val) then it might get stickied. This doe not even compare to the "Crystal Ball" thingy in Smoke_N's sig.

Not a bad idea though

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it